Advertising

For F's sake. Already have an injury

Postby D-Trains on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:19 pm

Jesus H Christ, this team is Satan's whore.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/mar ... nd-injury/

Re: For F's sake. Already have an injury

Postby WARwhatisitgoodfor on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:23 pm

Now that the seasons here its worth worrying about I guess?

Why the eff would they not have tests done at the time they found out?

Oh, because they weren't going to fill the position anyways. After all, they got the great Mike Ford after Healy.

Postby WARwhatisitgoodfor on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:25 pm

At least I can use my "Mach Ford" sign when he gets a double or goes 1st to 3rd and shows off his speed.

Postby D-Trains on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:25 pm

Wow, could this mean JD dares to dip his to into the FA kiddie pool. :shock: Let's see, who is the worst RH FA available that he might be interested in.

How about Danny Valencia? :|

dt

Postby WARwhatisitgoodfor on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:27 pm

D-Trains wrote:Wow, could this mean JD dares to dip his to into the FA kiddie pool. :shock: Let's see, who is the worst RH FA available that he might be interested in.

dt

I think if they were interested they would have had Healy's injury tested sooner. They already think they have a suitable replacement in Ford.

Postby D-Trains on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:31 pm

WARwhatisitgoodfor wrote:
D-Trains wrote:Wow, could this mean JD dares to dip his to into the FA kiddie pool. :shock: Let's see, who is the worst RH FA available that he might be interested in.

dt

I think if they were interested they would have had Healy's injury tested sooner. They already think they have a suitable replacement in Ford.

I am sure we will soon hear how brilliant they were to draft Ford. Too bad we can't afford a Cadillac.

Postby WARwhatisitgoodfor on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:40 pm

D-Trains wrote:
WARwhatisitgoodfor wrote:

dt

I am sure we will soon hear how brilliant they were to draft Ford. Too bad we can't afford a Cadillac.

Can't afford? Or just don't want to take on the payments because we're currently living comfortably...

Postby maoling on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:59 pm

Missed this from Divish the other day:

For whatever reason or combination of them, the Mariners aren’t quite getting a “meh” from fans, but they aren’t generating the typical excitement and expectations of past springs. Perhaps after being burned in recent years, fans are taking a “prove it” approach.

Is that bad?

“Good, bad, I don’t really care,” manager Scott Servais said. “Our focus is to get ready for March 29. We play the Cleveland Indians here, there’s a good chance Corey Kluber might be on the mound. We need to be ready to play, and I think it’s really important for us to get off to a little bit of a better start this year. So, how we handle spring training and how we kind of get geared up at the end of spring will be a little bit more important than it has been in the past. Getting guys off to a little bit of a better start is going to be key for us. I just felt last year we were kind of behind the eight-ball right from the get-go.

Sounds like SS will not be playing the warm and fuzzy fan-friendly fellow this year. He could have said, "Of course we care what our fans are thinking, and I don't blame them for wanting a winner. We are on the same page in that regard."

Instead, zero spin. "I don't really care."

Is that the best he can do to mollify frustrated fans?

Postby AZ Old Dawg on Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:13 pm

D-Trains wrote:Jesus H Christ, this team is Satan's whore.

Atta Kid. I knew something was coming when we've had 3 grey days in a row out here. Well maybe that might shock JD out of his ego induced coma :D

Postby D-Trains on Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:00 pm

AZ Old Dawg wrote:
D-Trains wrote:Jesus H Christ, this team is Satan's whore.

Atta Kid. I knew something was coming when we've had 3 grey days in a row out here. Well maybe that might shock JD out of his ego induced coma :D

Hey what's the deal with the weather down there. Says it's only going to be about 70 and cloudy when we were there. Are we going to hook up one of the days?

Next

Return to Mariners