Advertising

Ranking and rating JDs guys

Postby D-Trains on Wed May 16, 2018 8:25 am

These ratings are more than just how good the player is but are based on their incremental value. (what was required to be given up in terms of lives and treasure in order to acquire them as compared to current performance)
Ratings on a 1-10 scale

Haniger 10
Healy 9 (btw the great Emilio Pagan has been sent to the minors for poor performance)
Diaz 9 (a Jack Z era guy, but JD gets credit for converting him to one of the best closers in the league at zero cost)
Segura 8 (not including the extension which wasn't required to acquire him)
Zunino 7 (a Jack Z guy that was a complete failure when JD arrived so zero cost)
LeBlanc 7
Pazos 7
Goeddel 6
Heredia 6
Bradford 6
Freitas 6
Gordon 5
Marco 5
Vincent 5
Gamel 3
Romine 2
Leake 2
Nicasio 1
Zipchin 1

Average 5.5
Last edited by D-Trains on Wed May 16, 2018 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
Posts: 68942
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 am
Location: Kirkland, WA

Re: Ranking and rating JDs guys

Postby Dr Naysay on Wed May 16, 2018 8:34 am

Bit mean on Vincent there imo.
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri May 11, 2018 1:56 am

Re: Ranking and rating JDs guys

Postby Don Gorgon on Wed May 16, 2018 8:42 am

yeah its a little confusing to me what its supposed to represent, how does Beckham rate a five when he hasn't even played yet?
 
Posts: 48015
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:59 am
Location: balm yard

Re: Ranking and rating JDs guys

Postby D-Trains on Wed May 16, 2018 8:43 am

Don Gorgon wrote:yeah its a little confusing to me what its supposed to represent, how does Beckham rate a five when he hasn't even played yet?


Yeah was thinking that, I will take him off.

dt
 
Posts: 68942
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 am
Location: Kirkland, WA

Re: Ranking and rating JDs guys

Postby D-Trains on Wed May 16, 2018 8:45 am

Dr Naysay wrote:Bit mean on Vincent there imo.


Just looked. Didn't remember that we got him for just cash considerations. I will boost him to a 5. If it was this time last year he would be an 8 or even 9. 4.30 ERA for a reliever though. Not good.

dt
 
Posts: 68942
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 am
Location: Kirkland, WA

Re: Ranking and rating JDs guys

Postby Captain 97 on Wed May 16, 2018 8:49 am

D-Trains wrote:These ratings are more than just how good the player is but are based on their incremental value. (what was required to be given up in terms of lives and treasure in order to acquire them as compared to current performance)
Ratings on a 1-10 scale

Haniger 10
Healy 9 (btw the great Emilio Pagan has been sent to the minors for poor performance)
Diaz 9 (a Jack Z era guy, but JD gets credit for converting him to one of the best closers in the league at zero cost)
Segura 8 (not including the extension which wasn't required to acquire him)
Zunino 7 (a Jack Z guy that was a complete failure when JD arrived so zero cost)
LeBlanc 7
Pazos 7
Goeddel 6
Heredia 6
Bradford 6
Freitas 6
Gordon 5
Marco 5
Beckham 5
Vincent 4
Gamel 3
Romine 2
Leake 2
Nicasio 1
Zipchin 1

Average 5.5


I would say its a bit soon to be giving healy a 9 with fewer than 90 AB's under his belt as an M. And LeBLanc and Goedel haven't even been here long enough to find an apartment. Its ludicrous to give JD any Credit whatsoever for Diaz and Zunino. I am also surprised you don't have more love for Gordon. He is certainly having a better year than Zunino and Segura.
 
Posts: 7572
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:10 am
Location: stanwood, WA

Re: Ranking and rating JDs guys

Postby D-Trains on Wed May 16, 2018 9:01 am

Captain 97 wrote:
D-Trains wrote:These ratings are more than just how good the player is but are based on their incremental value. (what was required to be given up in terms of lives and treasure in order to acquire them as compared to current performance)
Ratings on a 1-10 scale

Haniger 10
Healy 9 (btw the great Emilio Pagan has been sent to the minors for poor performance)
Diaz 9 (a Jack Z era guy, but JD gets credit for converting him to one of the best closers in the league at zero cost)
Segura 8 (not including the extension which wasn't required to acquire him)
Zunino 7 (a Jack Z guy that was a complete failure when JD arrived so zero cost)
LeBlanc 7
Pazos 7
Goeddel 6
Heredia 6
Bradford 6
Freitas 6
Gordon 5
Marco 5
Beckham 5
Vincent 4
Gamel 3
Romine 2
Leake 2
Nicasio 1
Zipchin 1

Average 5.5


I would say its a bit soon to be giving healy a 9 with fewer than 90 AB's under his belt as an M. And LeBLanc and Goedel haven't even been here long enough to find an apartment. Its ludicrous to give JD any Credit whatsoever for Diaz and Zunino. I am also surprised you don't have more love for Gordon. He is certainly having a better year than Zunino and Segura.


Once again your lack of reading comprehension skills or insistence on rushing to judge make you look foolish.

These ratings are more than just how good the player is but are based on their incremental value. (what was required to be given up in terms of lives and treasure in order to acquire them as compared to current performance)

Gordon cost a decent prospect in Neidert and is owed almost $40MM

As for Diaz and Zunino. If Jack Z was still here Diaz would probably be still toiling in the minors as a starter with two pitches or traded and Zunino would be in another org as well. They cost ZERO tangible investment to turn into the players they are today but of course your hate for JD blinds you to that fact. also fyi Segura is at 1.3 WAR vs. 0.9 WAR for Gordon

dt
 
Posts: 68942
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 am
Location: Kirkland, WA

Re: Ranking and rating JDs guys

Postby Captain 97 on Wed May 16, 2018 9:31 am

D-Trains wrote:
Captain 97 wrote:
D-Trains wrote:These ratings are more than just how good the player is but are based on their incremental value. (what was required to be given up in terms of lives and treasure in order to acquire them as compared to current performance)
Ratings on a 1-10 scale

Haniger 10
Healy 9 (btw the great Emilio Pagan has been sent to the minors for poor performance)
Diaz 9 (a Jack Z era guy, but JD gets credit for converting him to one of the best closers in the league at zero cost)
Segura 8 (not including the extension which wasn't required to acquire him)
Zunino 7 (a Jack Z guy that was a complete failure when JD arrived so zero cost)
LeBlanc 7
Pazos 7
Goeddel 6
Heredia 6
Bradford 6
Freitas 6
Gordon 5
Marco 5
Beckham 5
Vincent 4
Gamel 3
Romine 2
Leake 2
Nicasio 1
Zipchin 1

Average 5.5


I would say its a bit soon to be giving healy a 9 with fewer than 90 AB's under his belt as an M. And LeBLanc and Goedel haven't even been here long enough to find an apartment. Its ludicrous to give JD any Credit whatsoever for Diaz and Zunino. I am also surprised you don't have more love for Gordon. He is certainly having a better year than Zunino and Segura.


Once again your lack of reading comprehension skills or insistence on rushing to judge make you look foolish.

These ratings are more than just how good the player is but are based on their incremental value. (what was required to be given up in terms of lives and treasure in order to acquire them as compared to current performance)

Gordon cost a decent prospect in Neidert and is owed almost $40MM

As for Diaz and Zunino. If Jack Z was still here Diaz would probably be still toiling in the minors as a starter with two pitches or traded and Zunino would be in another org as well. They cost ZERO tangible investment to turn into the players they are today but of course your hate for JD blinds you to that fact. also fyi Segura is at 1.3 WAR vs. 0.9 WAR for Gordon

dt

Well if you are going to give him Credit for Zunino figuring out how to be a halfway decent player than you also have to give him blame for players like Felix and Seager regressing. BTW most people Credit Edgar for Zuninos return to respectablilty and he was here before Dipoto. As for Diaz, the idea that another GM would not have figured out how to get a guy with a 100 MPH fastball and a nasty slider to the big leagues is just flat out stupid.

Segura cost a boatload too and his contract is bigger than Gordon's. Gordon has the higher OPS+ and will be more valuable now as 2nd baseman. I wasn't a fan of the Gordon move at the time, but right now I think its the second best thing that Dipoto has done behind acquiring Hanniger.
 
Posts: 7572
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:10 am
Location: stanwood, WA

Re: Ranking and rating JDs guys

Postby Dr Naysay on Wed May 16, 2018 9:54 am

D-Trains wrote:
Dr Naysay wrote:Bit mean on Vincent there imo.


Just looked. Didn't remember that we got him for just cash considerations. I will boost him to a 5. If it was this time last year he would be an 8 or even 9. 4.30 ERA for a reliever though. Not good.

dt


I have him at 3.70 era but I am often wrong. :mrgreen:
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri May 11, 2018 1:56 am

Re: Ranking and rating JDs guys

Postby Michael K 2 on Wed May 16, 2018 11:06 am

Captain 97 wrote:Well if you are going to give him Credit for Zunino figuring out how to be a halfway decent player than you also have to give him blame for players like Felix and Seager regressing. BTW most people Credit Edgar for Zuninos return to respectablilty and he was here before Dipoto. As for Diaz, the idea that another GM would not have figured out how to get a guy with a 100 MPH fastball and a nasty slider to the big leagues is just flat out stupid.

Segura cost a boatload too and his contract is bigger than Gordon's. Gordon has the higher OPS+ and will be more valuable now as 2nd baseman. I wasn't a fan of the Gordon move at the time, but right now I think its the second best thing that Dipoto has done behind acquiring Hanniger.


I credit Father Time with Felix's regression, so unless Jerry has access to a fountain of youth I am not sure what he was supposed to do about that.
Edgar was here before Jerry got here, so what? How many coaches got fired under the old regime? I still say Z hired Edgar as a promotional deal to appease the fans, not because he knew it would work. And, if he knew it would work, why'd it take him so long?
Diaz was a starter, this regime moved him into the Closer roll. Now just because they make the right move we have to assume it was a no brainer and the idiots that ran the show before would have done the same? The old regime decided winning two games against the A's at the end of the season was more important, so we got Ackattack instead of a flame throwing starting pitcher. I don't buy that that old regime would have done anything right!
 
Posts: 9723
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Wenatchee, WA

Next

Return to Mariners

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 95 lives! and 9 guests

Advertising