Advertising

Hit by Pitch

Postby Michael K 2 on Thu May 17, 2018 7:42 am

We lead the league in getting hit...yet when is the last time we hit anyone? We played yesterday without our two best players, because they got hit, yet we just sit back and take it. That is a very Mariner thing to do.

Re: Hit by Pitch

Postby r.g. on Thu May 17, 2018 7:52 am

Channeling DavidGee here,

I think the next time someone hits a Mariner hitter, just hit their next ten batters, what are they going to do?............ :lol: :lol:

Postby Double Mocha Man on Thu May 17, 2018 8:15 am

... get deep into our already overworked bullpen, via multiple ejections. :D

Postby Michael K 2 on Thu May 17, 2018 9:17 am

Honestly? I just don't understand how there is never any retaliation. I promise you if some scrub from LA hits Judge...that comes to a quick game by the next time Otani bats and wears one from one of the flame throwers in the Yankee pen. But, knowing Charmin Soft Seattle wouldnt do that, what is to stop it?

Postby VOR on Thu May 17, 2018 9:34 am

I am not convinced it has anything to do with retaliation or no retaliation.

You realize the M's are 2nd in MLB in hitting batters as well

Postby D-Trains on Thu May 17, 2018 10:12 am

VOR wrote:I am not convinced it has anything to do with retaliation or no retaliation.

Difference is, when our SPs (excepting Pax) hit guys not only does it not injure them, it doesn't even hurt.

Postby Michael K 2 on Thu May 17, 2018 11:31 am

VOR wrote:I am not convinced it has anything to do with retaliation or no retaliation.

I actually didn't know that. Who knows, maybe my view of the Mariners being soft is off. Maybe I don't see the time another team's manager does nothing when the ump sucks and I miss the times we retaliate. It is probably nearly two decades of frustration. It just seems like for years we have laid there and taken it. But I certainly could be wrong.

Postby David Gee 24 on Thu May 17, 2018 12:03 pm

r.g. wrote:Channeling DavidGee here,

I think the next time someone hits a Mariner hitter, just hit their next ten batters, what are they going to do?............ :lol: :lol:

Knowing that you played for The Big Red Machine, were you on the roster that day when Dock Ellis tried to hit everybody? It's amazing that he hit three batters, tried to hit the next two and then was removed from the game...by his manager. The home plate umpire must have hated the Reds something awful. Even more amazing is that's not even the most bizarre thing Ellis did during his career.

Postby David Gee 24 on Thu May 17, 2018 12:05 pm

Michael K 2 wrote:Honestly? I just don't understand how there is never any retaliation. I promise you if some scrub from LA hits Judge...that comes to a quick game by the next time Otani bats and wears one from one of the flame throwers in the Yankee pen. But, knowing Charmin Soft Seattle wouldnt do that, what is to stop it?

In every game that Ohtani bats against the Mariners in his career he needs to take a dirt bath. If I were the Mariner owner I'd order it...publicly.

Postby Island Time on Thu May 17, 2018 12:32 pm

I know this is an awful thing, but sometimes when an ump is blatantly missing calls and pretty much taking the game out of our hands, I want Z to purposely whiff on a pitch and let the ump take it in the grill :twisted:

Next

Return to Mariners