Advertising

Re: Next trade, needed?

Postby somebody's son on Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:25 pm

We need a better utility player..
Motter back please..not our 0 for..... guy

Postby Livesmatterinthiscountry on Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:21 pm

somebody's son wrote:We need a better utility player..
Motter back please..not our 0 for..... guy

The reason they let Motter go i don't think was performance related at all. As was reported by the times a while back, he was having issues with the coaches and some players.

Postby Michael K 2 on Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:34 pm

Good Lord, please no trades yet. The constant bitching about what over rated farm hand we give up on is too much to handle. We could win the World Series and there would be a post the next day about the cost in getting their to our effing farm system.

Postby somebody's son on Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:37 pm

I agree..just that, that utility spot is a very dark hole..

Postby D-Trains on Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:26 am

Michael K 2 wrote:Good Lord, please no trades yet. The constant bitching about what over rated farm hand we give up on is too much to handle. We could win the World Series and there would be a post the next day about the cost in getting their to our effing farm system.

Constant bitching? :| There was a brief discussion of the trade. And there was zero "bitching" after the Colome/Span trade. I would say you have had more posts bitching about the "bitching" than there was any actual bitching about losing Filia.

dt

Postby VOR on Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:26 am

Worrying about the utility man is a decidedly first world baseball problem.

Postby Dr Naysay on Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:27 am

D-Trains wrote:
Michael K 2 wrote:Good Lord, please no trades yet. The constant bitching about what over rated farm hand we give up on is too much to handle. We could win the World Series and there would be a post the next day about the cost in getting their to our effing farm system.

Constant bitching? :| There was a brief discussion of the trade. And there was zero "bitching" after the Colome/Span trade. I would say you have had more posts bitching about the "bitching" than there was any actual bitching about losing Filia.

dt

Well said!!!!

Postby Michael K 2 on Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:06 am

If your idea of never bitching is what goes on in here then I need to know your definition.

This place screams for a month or two about pitching, but then grouses because we had to trade a 25 year old minor leaguer with no defensive position to get it!
Every bullpen move is complained about and every roster move. Just because only a couple of people complained about this last move doesn't mean every move isn't complained about. The last player on the 25 and 40 man are complained about in here pretty much every day.
Twenty games over .500. The very day that three players Jerry acquired were responsible for the last three runs of a two run win there was a post vilanizing him for some AA slap hitter without a place to play in the field. Sounds to me like Farley with less power.

Postby Dr Naysay on Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:33 am

So you mean people discuss baseball and the Mariners on a baseball discussion forum? I guess just you get to have your opinion and bitch what is now 4 times in 3 different threads about supposed bitching.

Postby maoling on Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:38 am

VOR wrote:Worrying about the utility man is a decidedly first world baseball problem.

:D That cracked me up!

Still, when your utility man is hitting .145 with a .217 OBP and spent most of yesterday almost single-handedly booting the game with an error, 3 K's and a rally-killing GIDP, it may be time to look elsewhere.

PreviousNext

Return to Mariners