Advertising

2018 MLB TRADE DEADLINE

Postby openup58 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:42 pm

The insanity is starting to heat. the fully loaded Houston Astro's are linked to Wilson Ramos!! Carp talk about the rich getting richer! I know we have already made a big trade in May, but let's start scaring some of these other teams and make that trade to bring home Blake Snell to Washington!

The Astros have had discussions with the Rays regarding the possibility of acquiring catcher Wilson Ramos, according to a report from MLB.com’s Jon Morosi (via Twitter). No further details surrounding the connection are available at this time.

Re: 2018 MLB TRADE DEADLINE

Postby sexymarinersfan on Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:12 pm

You must have something with which to trade from. Our farm system compared to the Houston Astros is night and day, AND furthermore, they have more bonafide talent at the Major League level than we do. They've got a starting 5 rotation that any major league team is envious of, minus Washington. And the holes that they do have on their roster, are cheaper to fill(bullpen) than the Mariners holes(starting pitching).

I expect JeDi to be wheeling and dealin', but dont expect us to go out and grab a star catcher like Ramos or Realmuto, when we clearly need a dependable middle of the rotation arm - At least - that's gonna cost us plenty.

Postby kingfelixk on Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:26 pm

openup58 wrote:The insanity is starting to heat. the fully loaded Houston Astro's are linked to Wilson Ramos!! Carp talk about the rich getting richer! I know we have already made a big trade in May, but let's start scaring some of these other teams and make that trade to bring home Blake Snell to Washington!

The Astros have had discussions with the Rays regarding the possibility of acquiring catcher Wilson Ramos, according to a report from MLB.com’s Jon Morosi (via Twitter). No further details surrounding the connection are available at this time.

While we're at it, lets add Mike Trout as well. He'd be a huge upgrade at CF.

Postby D-Trains on Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:41 pm

sexymarinersfan wrote:You must have something with which to trade from. Our farm system compared to the Houston Astros is night and day, AND furthermore, they have more bonafide talent at the Major League level than we do. They've got a starting 5 rotation that any major league team is envious of, minus Washington. And the holes that they do have on their roster, are cheaper to fill(bullpen) than the Mariners holes(starting pitching).

I expect JeDi to be wheeling and dealin', but dont expect us to go out and grab a star catcher like Ramos or Realmuto, when we clearly need a dependable middle of the rotation arm - At least - that's gonna cost us plenty.

If Ramos is a star catcher then Zunino is a super star. Since the beginning of last season Mike has put up more than double the WAR as Ramos. 4.3 to 2.1

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx? ... 1433,13265

Postby D-Trains on Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:47 pm

Would love to have none other than Skaggs in our rotation. Of course when I said that about Richards he promptly got injured and now needs TJ surgery.

dt

Postby openup58 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:56 pm

Most trades this time of year are more about dumping salary. So even though our farm system is thin, we can easily take on money. One thing about Houston, next year they will be hard pressed to maintain there team with a lot of salaries turning to pumpkins at midnight.

But back to the farm i would trade any and all if we got a TOR SP that has controllable years. Our team is desperate for starting pitching and if we want and expect to be players for the next years, we need to do something ASAP. Looking for diamonds in a goats ass isn't always the answer

Postby D-Trains on Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:59 pm

openup58 wrote:Most trades this time of year are more about dumping salary. So even though our farm system is thin, we can easily take on money. One thing about Houston, next year they will be hard pressed to maintain there team with a lot of salaries turning to pumpkins at midnight.

But back to the farm i would trade any and all if we got a TOR SP that has controllable years. Our team is desperate for starting pitching and if we want and expect to be players for the next years, we need to do something ASAP. Looking for diamonds in a goats ass isn't always the answer

That is why any discussion of Snell who makes 545k a year and isn't even arb eligible until 2020 is pointless. We could literally offer them our top 10 prospects for him and they would laugh.

dt

Postby BroadcastingHusky on Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:38 pm

The funny thing people seem to forget about the Astros... is they were the worst team in the majors for 10 seasons. I think it's crap that teams get rewarded for perennially tanking. They had a bad run and it's totally forgotten. Pretty much every solid player in their system is a product of them being so terrible for so long.

The M's have always done themselves a disservice by finishing around .500 and or 4th or 5th worst record in the league.

For some reason the Stros and their 15 #1 picks never gets talked about. Congrats on the roster you didn't earn.
Last edited by BroadcastingHusky on Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Dr Naysay on Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:43 pm

D-Trains wrote:
openup58 wrote:Most trades this time of year are more about dumping salary. So even though our farm system is thin, we can easily take on money. One thing about Houston, next year they will be hard pressed to maintain there team with a lot of salaries turning to pumpkins at midnight.

That is why any discussion of Snell who makes 545k a year and isn't even arb eligible until 2020 is pointless. We could literally offer them our top 10 prospects for him and they would laugh.

dt

Syndegaard and De Grom then!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I had to do it.

Postby Don Gorgon on Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:14 pm

who Schoenfield thinks they could trade

Juan Querecuto, SS. The Mariners made an earlier trade for Alex Colome and they have the weakest farm system in the majors, so a major deal probably isn't in the works. Querecuto was a top-30 international prospect when the Mariners signed him last year for $1.225 million, but he's years from the majors -- and thus definite Jerry Dipoto trade bait.

Next

Return to Mariners