Advertising

Re: Mariners vs Angels 7/12/18 game thread

Postby Livesmatterinthiscountry on Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:46 pm

D-Trains wrote:XpertDBA gets to witness the next best thing to Pax tomorrow night at Coors. :)

Ryan Divish

@RyanDivish
22m22 minutes ago
More
Christian Bergman will start on Friday at Coors Field.

Chris Bergman ? I take it they couldn't find anyone else to pitch ?

Postby D-Trains on Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:56 pm

Livesmatterinthiscountry wrote:
D-Trains wrote:XpertDBA gets to witness the next best thing to Pax tomorrow night at Coors. :)

Ryan Divish

@RyanDivish
22m22 minutes ago
More

Were you unhappy with his 7 innings of 2 hit shut out baseball in his only start for us earlier this season?????

dt

Postby Livesmatterinthiscountry on Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:00 pm

D-Trains wrote:
XpertDBA gets to witness the next best thing to Pax tomorrow night at Coors.

Ryan Divish

@RyanDivish
22m22 minutes ago
More

Were you unhappy with his 7 innings of 2 hit shut out baseball in his only start for us earlier this season?????

I am just looking at the long haul. I would like a younger pitcher to get a chance to step in there and possibly take either Leake's or Felix's job and run with it.

Postby haroldy31 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:26 pm

David Gee 24 wrote:So wait, if you win the previous game you get to start the next one? UGH. I didn't know. Now I'm going to have to really lead the cheers tonight so that we can be heroes.

Could you go streaking in the 5th inning to prove to us that you're at the game?

Postby kingfelixk on Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:33 pm

Good move to have Paxton pitch tonight. First off, he had to face the Rockies 2 starts in a row and second, he won't have to bat. Hopefully Bergman can keep the ball on the ground. Colorado stadium is huge. As good as Nelly is at the plate, I do not want to see him in RF in Colorado. Use him as a PH, which you'll need playing in an NL park.

Postby D-Trains on Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:33 pm

Livesmatterinthiscountry wrote:Livesmatterinthiscountry wrote:
D-Trains wrote:
XpertDBA gets to witness the next best thing to Pax tomorrow night at Coors.

Ryan Divish

@RyanDivish
22m22 minutes ago
More

I am just looking at the long haul. I would like a younger pitcher to get a chance to step in there and possibly take either Leake's or Felix's job and run with it.

We don't have one of those. Maybe we will buy one in the next 19 days.

dt

Postby D-Trains on Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:34 pm

haroldy31 wrote:
David Gee 24 wrote:So wait, if you win the previous game you get to start the next one? UGH. I didn't know. Now I'm going to have to really lead the cheers tonight so that we can be heroes.

Could you go streaking in the 5th inning to prove to us that you're at the game?

Can he have his GF do instead? :)

Postby D-Trains on Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:36 pm

kingfelixk wrote:Good move to have Paxton pitch tonight. First off, he had to face the Rockies 2 starts in a row and second, he won't have to bat. Hopefully Bergman can keep the ball on the ground. Colorado stadium is huge. As good as Nelly is at the plate, I do not want to see him in RF in Colorado. Use him as a PH, which you'll need playing in an NL park.

Yeah, imagine if Pax got injured on the basepaths in Colorado. This is far preferable.

dt

Postby Livesmatterinthiscountry on Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:37 pm

kingfelixk wrote:Good move to have Paxton pitch tonight. First off, he had to face the Rockies 2 starts in a row and second, he won't have to bat. Hopefully Bergman can keep the ball on the ground. Colorado stadium is huge. As good as Nelly is at the plate, I do not want to see him in RF in Colorado. Use him as a PH, which you'll need playing in an NL park.

It's just nonesense that AL teams have to have their pitchers hit when they play the AL, while the NL actually benefits from playing the AL on the road by getting to use a DH. That rule needs to be changed.

Postby D-Trains on Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:43 pm

It's just nonesense that AL teams have to have their pitchers hit when they play the AL, while the NL actually benefits from playing the AL on the road by getting to use a DH. That rule needs to be changed.

They have been saying for 20 years that they were going to do the opposite to get fans of each league a look a the other leagues style of play but of course it has never happened.

dt

PreviousNext

Return to Mariners