Advertising

Re: Seager?

Postby Don Gorgon on Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:43 pm

and because we only have the 20th best 3rd baseman in baseball is the reason we are not going to the WS...got it

Postby Michael K 2 on Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:49 pm

Don Gorgon wrote:and because we only have the 20th best 3rd baseman in baseball is the reason we are not going to the WS...got it

Yep, that is what I said genius.

Postby kingfelixk on Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:26 am

Michael K 2 wrote:
Don Gorgon wrote:and because we only have the 20th best 3rd baseman in baseball is the reason we are not going to the WS...got it

Yep, that is what I said genius.

Yep, and I mentioned the world series before, so it was perfectly relevant that you brought that into the argument...

Postby Michael K 2 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:44 am

According to you, being twentieth amongst thirty peers is perfectly alright. To me, that is bottom third, and in most professions places your job in jeapordy. I stated that opinion, you decided that since a guy who is paid to play baseball is better at it than most average human beings I was wrong.

Fine, you are right, being 20th out to 30 is awesome. I mean, in youth soccer leagues that gets you a trophy....so right on Kyle. Thumbs up!

Postby BaseHitDerby on Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:50 am

Seager is still an above-average MLB player according to fWAR. This is his 1st down season in 7 full seasons. Cut the guy some slack. Lots of good players have down years.

Postby Don Gorgon on Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:59 am

and like I said before he has already earned his paycheck, this endless he is overpaid stuff...he has given this franchise a lot of value already, and that is in terms of his latest contract. Its too bad he isn't playing better but its not like he needs to give money back because he has already earned it already.

And in terms of his struggling, I think he is over thinking it rather than not thinking it. Seager has forever tinkered with his mechanics. He works over the off season retooling and is always coming in with something new in his swing. I think that is why he is always getting off to poor starts. I think the shifts have gotten to his head, he is trying too hard to go the other way and has loused things up. You guys always complain about a guy not being willing to go the other way but if a shift makes a successful hitter alter their approach at the plate that in itself can be a victory. And I think that is what you have with Seager. I rather he just stand there and turn on pitches like a SOB. Sure he is going to hit into the shift at times but he is also going to hit over it which is what I want to see

Postby Don Gorgon on Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:45 am

BaseHitDerby wrote:Seager is still an above-average MLB player according to fWAR. This is his 1st down season in 7 full seasons. Cut the guy some slack. Lots of good players have down years.

ohhhh Bryce Harper?...who is at .9 bWAR for his $22 mil to Seager's 1.7 bWAR for $18 mil

Postby Dr Naysay on Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:47 am

Don Gorgon wrote:and like I said before he has already earned his paycheck, this endless he is overpaid stuff...he has given this franchise a lot of value already, and that is in terms of his latest contract. Its too bad he isn't playing better but its not like he needs to give money back because he has already earned it already.

would love to hear this one tbh, I thought it was a 162 game season.

Postby Don Gorgon on Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:02 am

his pay is not about a season, that is the misconception. He is being paid $100 mil for seven seasons of baseball, he happens to be paid an annual rate but there is nothing about it that means his performance for a given season is related to the money he receives. for that season. He in fact has performed for 3.5 seasons and has already delivered the equivalent of a $100 mil of value. His contract was backended but that doesn't mean his performance needs to be backended. He has earned that contract

Postby Dr Naysay on Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:12 am

Don Gorgon wrote:his pay is not about a season, that is the misconception. He is being paid $100 mil for seven seasons of baseball, he happens to be paid an annual rate but there is nothing about it that means his performance for a given season is related to the money he receives. for that season. He in fact has performed for 3.5 seasons and has already delivered the equivalent of a $100 mil of value. His contract was backended but that doesn't mean his performance needs to be backended. He has earned that contract

Well that's some of the most flawed logic I have seen on any sports forum.

PreviousNext

Return to Mariners