Advertising

Re: Seager?

Postby Michael K 2 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:21 am

kingfelixk wrote:I look at his stats and see a top 20 3B. Yes, he is paid too much and struggling. But still, there are only a handful of guys that do what he does as well as he does.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/batting/_ ... order/true


You post links to stats, call him top 20, but I am the one that ran with it. Yep.
 
Posts: 10295
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Wenatchee, WA

Re: Seager?

Postby Michael K 2 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:22 am

I'm done, and so is Kyle. But you guys keep loving on him.
 
Posts: 10295
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Wenatchee, WA

Re: Seager?

Postby kingfelixk on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:29 am

Michael K 2 wrote:
kingfelixk wrote:I look at his stats and see a top 20 3B. Yes, he is paid too much and struggling. But still, there are only a handful of guys that do what he does as well as he does.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/batting/_ ... order/true


You post links to stats, call him top 20, but I am the one that ran with it. Yep.

This has him at 14. You focused on the 20 and said he was bottom 1/3 at 20. 14 puts him in the top half among 30 starting 3B. Are you really not understanding this?

Looking back I did say top 20. I mistakenly thought I said 15-20. I apologize for remembering wrong. The link put him at 16 at the time, now at 14. I didn't say he was the 20th best. I said he was among the 20 best. Regardless, his performance would not cost him his job.
 
Posts: 1955
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 9:14 pm

Re: Seager?

Postby kingfelixk on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:38 am

Michael K 2 wrote:I'm done, and so is Kyle. But you guys keep loving on him.

Who is "loving him"? I've been disappointed with hisplay at times as much as anyone. Calling him out publicly for a mistake he knows he made won't change things though. And he is good enough to be a starting 3B in MLB. I'd be happy if they moved him down in the order, but it's not like the other guys behind him have been better. Hopefully with Cano coming back he is moved down
 
Posts: 1955
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 9:14 pm

Re: Seager?

Postby Michael K 2 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:53 am

So, you are disappointed in him but think he shouldn't have to worry about his job nor every be criticized by his boss when he absolutely EFs up? You don't love on him, but get pissed off when others are also disappointed in him, and maybe feel there is a different way to handle his disappointing season than just hoping he corrects himself?

I think his ass needs to be sat down a few times a week. Gordon too, and honestly? I'd have done it BEFORE we get Cano back. Letting these guys continue to stink and not doing anything about it is insanity. And has it worked? Has coming out every night making excuses for their piss poor play worked? Has saying "we like the way Dee Gordon plays" worked? They have been playing for better than a month at an absolutely embarrassingly bad level....and until last night they couldn't even switch the lineup around? They switch the lineup, hold some guys accountable and bash the brains in of one of the best Pitchers in baseball. But yeah, would be terrible for these guys to be held accountable right?

Saying on a near weekly basis that he is "scuffling" is getting old. I agreed, call him out...say he flat out let his team down. Because guess what? He did! And the worst play he made wasn't even one of his numerous errors on the week!
 
Posts: 10295
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Wenatchee, WA

Re: Seager?

Postby Don Gorgon on Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:11 am

who are you playing at 3rd when you bench Seager?
 
Posts: 49025
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:59 am
Location: balm yard

Re: Seager?

Postby Michael K 2 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:12 pm

Don Gorgon wrote:who are you playing at 3rd when you bench Seager?


Anyone. One game, preferably maybe the game after he boots balls and mentally brain farts. But I'm sure that would just be too much accountability for you right? I mean, the status quo has been working very well. Let's just hope the guy that plays like he couldn't give a squirt of piss about this team finally snaps out of it because we coddle his baby ass.

Personally I am tired of losing games over and over again, for the same freaking reasons, and then hearing how these guys dont need to be criticized. My only complaint about our manager is he has put up with this BS for far too long.
 
Posts: 10295
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Wenatchee, WA

Re: Seager?

Postby kingfelixk on Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:49 pm

Michael K 2 wrote:So, you are disappointed in him but think he shouldn't have to worry about his job nor every be criticized by his boss when he absolutely EFs up? You don't love on him, but get pissed off when others are also disappointed in him, and maybe feel there is a different way to handle his disappointing season than just hoping he corrects himself?

I think his ass needs to be sat down a few times a week. Gordon too, and honestly? I'd have done it BEFORE we get Cano back. Letting these guys continue to stink and not doing anything about it is insanity. And has it worked? Has coming out every night making excuses for their piss poor play worked? Has saying "we like the way Dee Gordon plays" worked? They have been playing for better than a month at an absolutely embarrassingly bad level....and until last night they couldn't even switch the lineup around? They switch the lineup, hold some guys accountable and bash the brains in of one of the best Pitchers in baseball. But yeah, would be terrible for these guys to be held accountable right?

Saying on a near weekly basis that he is "scuffling" is getting old. I agreed, call him out...say he flat out let his team down. Because guess what? He did! And the worst play he made wasn't even one of his numerous errors on the week!

I stated that I don't think that shaming him publicly for that stupid mistake a few days ago would do any good. That was me stating my opinion. I also refuted your idea that Seager has performed at a level that should cost him his job (or if we performed at the same level at our jobs, we would lose our jobs, however it was you stated it). Thats it. The rest was me pointing out the errors I saw in your argument.

As far as how his boss criticizes him, that is for Scott Servais to decide, I happen to be of the opinion that publicly shaming him for a single mistake isn't the answer. As far as "one of the best pitchers in baseball" who are we talking about? I never said you couldn't be disappointed, and I'd be fine with him sitting every once in a while. You first change your argument, then you change my argument. Please keep it straight and quit putting words in my mouth that I never said or implied.
 
Posts: 1955
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 9:14 pm

Re: Seager?

Postby Michael K 2 on Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:33 am

kingfelixk wrote:I stated that I don't think that shaming him publicly for that stupid mistake a few days ago would do any good.

I would agree, if it wasn't one of many mistakes he has made lately. He is supposed to be one of the Cornerstones of this team, not a guy that makes three errors in two games and then forgets were he is and what the situation is.

kingfelixk wrote:That was me stating my opinion.

And if I attacked you for an opinion that is my bad. I hate that, and am sorry if I did. Sometimes I think I enjoy a good debate so much my typed tone comes off wrong.

kingfelixk wrote:I also refuted your idea that Seager has performed at a level that should cost him his job (or if we performed at the same level at our jobs, we would lose our jobs, however it was you stated it). Thats it. The rest was me pointing out the errors I saw in your argument.


I get that. You can't directly compare, but I stand by my statement. I believe Seager has been poor at his job much more than he has been good this year. I don't have that luxary. That is what I was getting at. If I have more bad days than good days my boss might start looking for my replacement. Seager's big fat contract doesn't allow for that, so maybe holding him accountable might snap him out of it. It certainly can't make things much worse can it?

kingfelixk wrote:As far as how his boss criticizes him, that is for Scott Servais to decide, I happen to be of the opinion that publicly shaming him for a single mistake isn't the answer. As far as "one of the best pitchers in baseball" who are we talking about? I never said you couldn't be disappointed, and I'd be fine with him sitting every once in a while. You first change your argument, then you change my argument. Please keep it straight and quit putting words in my mouth that I never said or implied.


I don't feel I ever did change my stance, nor yours. Not sure what you are getting at.
 
Posts: 10295
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Wenatchee, WA

Re: Seager?

Postby kingfelixk on Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:26 pm

Michael K 2 wrote:I would agree, if it wasn't one of many mistakes he has made lately. He is supposed to be one of the Cornerstones of this team, not a guy that makes three errors in two games and then forgets were he is and what the situation is.

And if I attacked you for an opinion that is my bad. I hate that, and am sorry if I did. Sometimes I think I enjoy a good debate so much my typed tone comes off wrong.

I get that. You can't directly compare, but I stand by my statement. I believe Seager has been poor at his job much more than he has been good this year. I don't have that luxary. That is what I was getting at. If I have more bad days than good days my boss might start looking for my replacement. Seager's big fat contract doesn't allow for that, so maybe holding him accountable might snap him out of it. It certainly can't make things much worse can it?

I don't feel I ever did change my stance, nor yours. Not sure what you are getting at.

Fair post.

I didn't feel attacked, so no need to apologize.

Seager had been very good at defense all year before his paternity leave. I don't know if it was just a bad week or he lost focus or what. Hopefully him and his coaches figure it out in private. I'm sure they are working on it. His bat is actually doing much better. Even his outs are hard hits and good AB more often, he got robbed of 2 RBI last night on an amazing defensive play. I agree his defense was frustrating. I know he can do better, and hope he does. I agree that you can't directly compare, but he's still arguably top half among regular 3B in MLB despite his struggles.

I don't feel you changed your stance, it just felt you were missing my points, and adding to them at times. Stating I love Seager, saying because he's been average that you are going to go out and buy WS tickets. Saying that I said others can't be disappointed. It really was about disagreeing with the premise that his performance would get him fired.
 
Posts: 1955
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 9:14 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Mariners

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dr Naysay, frog hollow and 12 guests

Advertising