Advertising

Figuring out what to do...

Postby Bil522 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:00 am

Sitting here planning on what to with the $600 million I will get from winning Friday's Mega Millions. Will the M's let me buy into the ownership group? Say I put up $300million....do i get a say in drafting, trades, free agents?
Last edited by Bil522 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Figuring out what to do...

Postby Dr Naysay on Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:40 am

Bil522 wrote:Sitting here planning on what to with the $600 million I will get from winning Friday's Mega Millions. Will the M's let me buy into the ownership group? Say I put up $300million....do i get a say in drafting, trades, free agents?

Someone needs to pay for the roof. :mrgreen:

Postby Don Gorgon on Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:01 am

40% off the top goes to the govt., leaving $360 mil, maybe you could pull off a Derek Jeter, if you were Derek Jeter...

jeff nelson wants to be Jeter's pitching coach...

Jeff Nelson, the former Yankees pitcher who played parts of six seasons in The Bronx, is campaigning to reunite with Derek Jeter as the Marlins’ pitching coach.

After an MLB.com reporter suggested Nelson, an analyst for Fox Sports in Florida, could take over for the fired Juan Nieves, the former side-arming, righty-neutralizing reliever turned his endorsement into a public pitch for the job.

“I would love the opportunity to [make] this staff the best they can be,” Nelson wrote on Twitter on Tuesday. “There is a lot to look forward to with this Marlins pitching staff.”
Last edited by Don Gorgon on Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Dr Naysay on Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:08 am

I read an in depth article on Jeter and what he is doing at the Marlins, there is some incredibly good stuff going on there and if he hadn't been such an utter cretin when he started and clearly on a money grabbing mission I would keenly follow their progress.

Postby somebody's son on Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:36 am

Jamie Moyer would be a better pitching coach.
He was always mentioned how prepaired he was

His craftiness is what the Mariners need.
Nelson I just don't see as a PV yet

Postby Don Gorgon on Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:36 am

Dr Naysay wrote:I read an in depth article on Jeter and what he is doing at the Marlins, there is some incredibly good stuff going on there and if he hadn't been such an utter cretin when he started and clearly on a money grabbing mission I would keenly follow their progress.

when i was writing that it occurred to me I think I would rather have Arod running my team than Jeter, how wacky is that

Postby D-Trains on Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:23 am

Don Gorgon wrote:40% off the top goes to the govt., leaving $360 mil, maybe you could pull off a Derek Jeter, if you were Derek Jeter...

jeff nelson wants to be Jeter's pitching coach...

Jeff Nelson, the former Yankees pitcher who played parts of six seasons in The Bronx, is campaigning to reunite with Derek Jeter as the Marlins’ pitching coach.

After an MLB.com reporter suggested Nelson, an analyst for Fox Sports in Florida, could take over for the fired Juan Nieves, the former side-arming, righty-neutralizing reliever turned his endorsement into a public pitch for the job.

“I would love the opportunity to [make] this staff the best they can be,” Nelson wrote on Twitter on Tuesday. “There is a lot to look forward to with this Marlins pitching staff.”

It's now only 37% thanks to our hero.

dt

Postby D-Trains on Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:25 am

somebody's son wrote:Jamie Moyer would be a better pitching coach.

Don't you think if Jamie Moyer wanted to be a pitching coach he would be a pitching coach? Or maybe he is being blackballed by the MLB because they hate guys that dedicate their lives to foundations and charitable causes.

dt

Postby D-Trains on Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:26 am

Don Gorgon wrote:
Dr Naysay wrote:I read an in depth article on Jeter and what he is doing at the Marlins, there is some incredibly good stuff going on there and if he hadn't been such an utter cretin when he started and clearly on a money grabbing mission I would keenly follow their progress.

when i was writing that it occurred to me I think I would rather have Arod running my team than Jeter, how wacky is that

How wacky is it that I no longer have any animosity towards Arod. Zero. None. Nada.

dt

Postby David Gee 24 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:52 am

somebody's son wrote:Jamie Moyer would be a better pitching coach.

HOW in the world could you even begin to possibly know this? If Moyer were any kind of pitching coach material and if he expressed the desire to be a pitching coach, wouldn't he already be one? Good ol' Somebody's Son.

Next

Return to Mariners