Advertising

Re: It's a done deal - Zunino for Smith

Postby user14911444933220 on Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:57 am

VOR wrote:Zunino will hit 240, with 28 HR's for them.

That’s my guess too. And with his fine catching he will be considered a steal.

Postby ddraig on Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:06 pm

I agree with your assessment about Zunino now that he's gone. He will likely be an All-Star however, that wasn't going to happen here. This f'n organization couldn't fix his swing but I bet it will get fixed in short order now. We're the same AAAA farm system for MLB that we've always been and that doesn't look like changing any time soon. If I was Mike Blowers, I'd put the word, "typically" in there somewhere. :P

Postby rockycola on Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:17 pm

D-Trains wrote:
Don Gorgon wrote:
bhofferb wrote:(
"Don Gorgon"]I have always wondered about home and away splits, in fact I think I brought it up with you. I find it hard to believe that a player with great home spits is somehow genetically predisposed to only be able to hit in that one stadium. I think its more likely once they are traded they would tend to adjust to the new home stadium and begin to hit well there too

I always thought it had to do with players going home to the wife after home games and going out on the town when you are on the road. Probably harder to hit with a hangover :D

wasn't for the Mick!

Or the Babe.

dt[/quote]
and he had a Babe at every base!

Postby Moe Gibbs on Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:09 pm

I've never had more patience for a .190 hitter, or wanted to see a guy have enduring success than Mike Z.
I don't root for just the stats but I root for the man under the cap.
Good luck to him moving forward, he is one outstanding individual who I will sorely miss.

Postby D-Trains on Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:13 pm

Moe Gibbs wrote:I've never had more patience for a .190 hitter, or wanted to see a guy have enduring success than Mike Z.
Good luck to him moving forward, he is one outstanding individual who I will sorely miss.

I feel the same.

Postby rockycola on Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:07 pm

D-Trains wrote:
Moe Gibbs wrote:I've never had more patience for a .190 hitter, or wanted to see a guy have enduring success than Mike Z.

I feel the same.

Me, too

Postby D-Trains on Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:28 pm

Or the Babe.

dt[/quote]
and he had a Babe at every base![/quote]

Trump is going to give the babe and Elvis and Rodger Staubach and a few others the medal of freedom

Postby mikeyb12 on Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:08 pm

I don't give a damn if Z-boy hits .340 and smacks 45 dingers...… fact... he ain't gonna do it here in S-town.....
Shoulda got rid of this bum years ago like I said...… sigh..
Next to get rid of...….. FELIX THE BUM...… send his sorry ass packing...…. good lord, what has to hit you guys up the side of the head????
Should have traded Felix when he was worth more then a ditty bag full of dirty jock straps...…..
Outfield seems set..
Infield seems set....
NEED PITCHING J H Christ..... let's getter done!
Who do we have in the minors (looking at 3B) that will be ready in 2 years or less??????
Do we have a SS in the minors looking to come up in a year or less????
Trade our closer for a Starter and a couple prospects (all pitching)…. C'mon.... let's get this SS on the road...… grrrr

Postby harmony55 on Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:54 pm

Would anyone trade two years of reliever Alex Colome with a projected 2019 salary of $7.3 million to the Chicago White Sox for 31-year-old catcher Welington Castillo, who is owed $7.25 million in 2019 with an $8 million team option, or $500,000 buyout, for 2020?

After being hit with an 80-day PED suspension in May, Castillo lost his starting gig with the White Sox to promising catcher Omar Narvaez.

Steamer projects Castillo with a 2019 WAR of 1.5 in 75 games and Colome with a 2019 WAR of 0.5 in 65 appearances:

https://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?p ... position=C

https://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?p ... position=P

Veteran Nate Jones is currently listed as the closer for the White Sox, who many speculate will spend heavily in the free agent market this offseason:

https://www.rosterresource.com/mlb-chicago-white-sox/

Would the White Sox even be interested in Colome, the 2017 American League leader in saves?

Castillo served a brief six-game sentence with the Mariners in 2015 when Seattle GM Jack Zduriencik traded Yoervis Medina to the Cubs for Castillo on May 19 and then on June 3 traded Castillo in package to the Diamondbacks for Mark Trumbo and Vidal Nuno:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/play ... ions_other

Postby Hy Feiber on Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:47 pm

I totally agree, he is an All-American type guy, “salt of the earth,” I will miss him.

He will hit 25 hrs, drive in 75, and hit .250. I recall the team was 62-37 with him behind the plate.

This trade could very well be a loser.

This team didn’t him to be a good hitter, his handling of the pitching staff was clearly of superior quality.

Meanwhile, Smith, who hails from Tallahassee, may well be disenchanted with leaving home for a far away loser organization, and will hit say, .235.

PreviousNext

Return to Mariners