Advertising

Any chance we could trade Dipoto?

Postby grackler on Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:46 am

Maybe we could get a can of sardines for him? Probably not.....can't think of anyone foolish enough to give up that much for what amounts to less than nothing.

I've had it with the M's. 'Think I'll save my ticket dollars for the new Portland franchise...an outfit that may or may not ever exist and which will be more likely to make the playoffs well before Dipoto and his Keystone Kop operation.

Re: Any chance we could trade Dipoto?

Postby Double Mocha Man on Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:33 am

Perhaps we could trade him for 3 General Manager prospects.

Postby D-Trains on Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:40 am

We would probably have to eat 110% of his salary.

dt

Postby AT Sandiego on Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:11 am

I'm not 100% sold on Dipoto, certainly question his choice for a manager..... but the guy pours himself into his job, trades his ass off, and isn't afraid to do anything. Easy to second guess, but for the first time in history, the M's are trying to do an actual rebuild and that is great. Obviously, JD didn't think much of JZ's drafting and, frankly, neither do I. So I am giving him the benefit of the doubt, cause I agree with the overall strategy. I'll leave the micro-managing to those sabre metric experts like D-Train and Harmony55. I also listen to guys that actually know about the farm system like Ice99, Mchev12, Sexymarinerfan, and kingfelixk. Guys like David Gee, RG, and Arizona Old Dawg know the game of baseball. Most of the whiners and bitchers like Don Gordon don't know crap.

Just my opinion. I bitched and whined about a tear down and rebuild for 18 months. I finally got my wish, I'm supporting it. The speed is not so important as the direction.

Postby VOR on Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:27 am

AT Sandiego wrote:I'm not 100% sold on Dipoto, certainly question his choice for a manager..... but the guy pours himself into his job, trades his ass off, and isn't afraid to do anything. Easy to second guess, but for the first time in history, the M's are trying to do an actual rebuild and that is great. Obviously, JD didn't think much of JZ's drafting and, frankly, neither do I. So I am giving him the benefit of the doubt, cause I agree with the overall strategy. I'll leave the micro-managing to those sabre metric experts like D-Train and Harmony55. I also listen to guys that actually know about the farm system like Ice99, Mchev12, Sexymarinerfan, and kingfelixk. Guys like David Gee, RG, and Arizona Old Dawg know the game of baseball. Most of the whiners and bitchers like Don Gordon don't know crap.

Just my opinion. I bitched and whined about a tear down and rebuild for 18 months. I finally got my wish, I'm supporting it. The speed is not so important as the direction.

Unfortunately, his need to be doing something to make his team better, every day, all day is his downfall.

He is a tickerer, he cannot accept that sometimes the do nothing option is the better one.

I would bet he grills a mean steak, because it will be seared on the outside, and he will take it off the grill before its over cooked. I also would bet he could not bake a loaf of bread to save his life. He would keep checking when it was supposed to be rising, and there is no way he could leave an oven door closed for long enough to bake anything.

Return to Mariners