Advertising

Re: Johns on Farley

Postby Don Gorgon on Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:09 pm

I think i be surprised to see Vogelbach traded or cut, isn't this what the season is supposed to be about? Building around young talent, give them the season to improve and perform? Dipoto did trade for the guy, seems like this is finally the opportunity to see what he has. What would it look like if we let him go and he flourished with some other team. Would that ever get second guessed

Postby rockycola on Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:19 pm

Don Gorgon wrote:I think i be surprised to see Vogelbach traded or cut, isn't this what the season is supposed to be about? Building around young talent, give them the season to improve and perform? Dipoto did trade for the guy, seems like this is finally the opportunity to see what he has. What would it look like if we let him go and he flourished with some other team. Would that ever get second guessed

Yes, it would. I have every hope that Vogelbach is given a long leash and flourishes. Time will tell.

Postby somebody's son on Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:46 pm

Great point..
Trading EE and or Bruce is the key
EE is probably the easier trade piece
Both would be great to move for room to
pick up at the deadline a nice addition.

Postby AT Sandiego on Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:02 pm

somebody's son wrote:Great point..
Trading EE and or Bruce is the key
EE is probably the easier trade piece
Both would be great to move for room to
pick up at the deadline a nice addition.

Hard to see any of these "brilliant winter pickups" becoming gold trade chips..... :lol: :lol:
Maybe Leake has a good start and gains valiue.... look what Jay Happ did over the last couple of years.... he was total crap as a Mariner.... Maybe we do trade Haniger for a nice package....guess that would say "we are going for the draft choice and the prospects!"

Previous

Return to Mariners