Re: Farley's big chance

Postby Coeur d Alene J on Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:24 pm

Yeah lesson learned

Tie the pellet gun to the lawn chair you idiot

Postby Moe Gibbs on Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:04 pm

Coeur d Alene J wrote:Yeah lesson learned

You mentioned needing a knife to cut your way out of trouble..didn't you...?

A rapid climb to 16,000 feet sound intoxicating, plus he had beer. If I could see that a crash was imminent, I'd chug as many as possible in the last seconds before sudden deceleration trauma sets in.

There is a regulation that limits each balloon to 12 pounds payload. I don't know what his balloons were capable of, but there are online calculators now that can tell you how much helium cubic footage you'll need to reach X altitude in X amount of time.

Postby Coeur d Alene J on Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:49 pm

Moe Gibbs wrote:
Coeur d Alene J wrote:Yeah lesson learned

You mentioned needing a knife to cut your way out of trouble..didn't you...?

A rapid climb to 16,000 feet sound intoxicating, plus he had beer. If I could see that a crash was imminent, I'd chug as many as possible in the last seconds before sudden deceleration trauma sets in.

There is a regulation that limits each balloon to 12 pounds payload. I don't know what his balloons were capable of, but there are online calculators now that can tell you how much helium cubic footage you'll need to reach X altitude in X amount of time.

I usually always carried a pocket knife but for survival after you landed. Can you imagine shooting balloons and you start to descend worrying that you popped one to many lol

Previous

Return to Mariners