Advertising

Re: Happy Tax Day game thread 4-15-2019

Postby BaseHitDerby on Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:46 pm

David Gee 24 wrote:
Michael K 2 wrote:The Tax reforms didn't seem to help anyone that wasn't a 1%. I am more than a little perturbed about it. I don't understand why I should pay more so someone making billions upon billions can pay non! Never been one to really get political, and I certainly lean Republican, but Trump can suck a fat one on this.

They really didn't. What happened to a lot of wage-earners was that their standard deduction got bumped way up but their employers dropped their withholding at a greater rate so they ended up with a smaller refund or owing more.

You guys will get a kick out of this: I just had a client who made over 120K last year e-mail me telling me he can't pay the $ 300 I charged him until Wednesday. I also had a client who made over 190K last year whom I charged $ 300 two weeks ago tell me "I gotta wait 'til payday". I have yet another client who has already grossed 70K this year who owes me $ 500 also tell me "I gotta wait 'til payday". HOW are people like this broke?

Last week, I had a buddy that works with me making 6-figures telling me he was broke. I asked him how can you be broke making this much and not having a house or car payment. He had no answer.

Postby Michael K 2 on Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:57 pm

D-Trains wrote:
Michael K 2 wrote:The Tax reforms didn't seem to help anyone that wasn't a 1%. I am more than a little perturbed about it. I don't understand why I should pay more so someone making billions upon billions can pay non! Never been one to really get political, and I certainly lean Republican, but Trump can suck a fat one on this.

My paychecks were bigger but my refund was a lot smaller. I haven't done the math but seems I took home less as a result of the tax "cuts" as well.

dt

Same here. The amount less I paid in all year was not equal to the amount less my return was.

Like I said, I am not much into being political, and I don't have a problem paying taxes....but why I am held to a different standard than someone making billions or trillions? The "tax break" as I see it, was just a way to have me pay more and have the ultra rich pay not at all. That is horseshit.

Postby Hasselcracked on Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:16 pm

With this being Kikuchis 5th start, do you guys think they will pull him after a couple innings and have a bullpen day like they said they would from the start of the season?

Postby D-Trains on Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:17 pm

BaseHitDerby wrote:
David Gee 24 wrote:

They really didn't. What happened to a lot of wage-earners was that their standard deduction got bumped way up but their employers dropped their withholding at a greater rate so they ended up with a smaller refund or owing more.

You guys will get a kick out of this: I just had a client who made over 120K last year e-mail me telling me he can't pay the $ 300 I charged him until Wednesday. I also had a client who made over 190K last year whom I charged $ 300 two weeks ago tell me "I gotta wait 'til payday". I have yet another client who has already grossed 70K this year who owes me $ 500 also tell me "I gotta wait 'til payday". HOW are people like this broke?

Last week, I had a buddy that works with me making 6-figures telling me he was broke. I asked him how can you be broke making this much and not having a house or car payment. He had no answer.

Can't fathom that with no house or car payment but my bills are over $6k a month and my wife contributes zero to the general fund so.....

dt

Postby D-Trains on Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:15 pm

9th in today's power rankings. VB in the portrait at the top of the story.

https://www.mlb.com/

Postby D-Trains on Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:31 pm

1. Mallex Smith (L) CF
2. Mitch Haniger (R) RF
3. Domingo Santana (R) LF
4. Daniel Vogelbach (L) DH
5. Edwin Encarnacion (R) 1B
6. Omar Narvaez (L) C
7. Tim Beckham (R) SS
8. Ryon Healy (R) 3B
9. Dee Gordon (L) 2B

Postby desbcoach on Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:19 pm

D-Trains wrote:

My paychecks were bigger but my refund was a lot smaller. I haven't done the math but seems I took home less as a result of the tax "cuts" as well.

dt

Made the same amount of money, 1 less kids to deduct and still paid a $1k less. Seems good to me

Postby mikeyb12 on Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:07 pm

D-Trains wrote:
happy as heck wrote:Did my taxes in February this year. Felt like hell at the time but I feel real good right now.

Yeah, mind boggling that people wait this long. Takes me a painless 20 minutes with Turbotax and my refund was in my bank account on Feb. 8th.

dt

I did mine about 1 hr ago.... I didn't pay anything in and I didn't get a refund... A perfect tax year.....

Postby 95 lives! on Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:12 pm

David Gee 24 wrote:

The more you get paid the more you spend....

Postby kingfelixk on Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:16 pm

Is it our catchers fault that our pitcher doesn't get the same borderline calls the other team does, or do the Umps just hate the Mariners?

PreviousNext

Return to Mariners