Advertising

Season

Postby r.g. on Sat May 11, 2019 8:58 pm

Been trying to follow the M's but have not been able to watch them as of late. I probably have not missed much though with all of this losing. Sadly, Felix pitched another clunker. He keeps putting in more nails in his coffin with each outing. Unfortunately he stated after his one decent outing that he "was still Felix and still had it". Well, we have known this not to be true for quite some time now.

Two games under five hundred now and it probably will not get any better than this. This team is who they are. Bad defense. Bad bull pen and a starting rotation that is not only a hit and miss but just plain not very good. Man, this is going to be a long season. Another year and I think for the most part, the true fans know they are not going anywhere. Sure we can say the prospects are coming but dont me going on prospects.

Maybe I am venting but man it stinks that this team has not gotten better in the time this current GM has been here. And he wants the fans to wait some more. All I can do is shake my head. This sucks. :cry: :x

Re: Season

Postby somebody's son on Sat May 11, 2019 11:49 pm

But I really like 7-8 players that are young and we can see
a turn around

Again we have $65-$70 mill coming off the books..

We have 3 pitchers
No true bullpen closer or set up man

Outfield will take care of its self. We have enough guys
Close to claiming a spot..and Kelenic not far behind 21?
Gordon, JP, Seager and Healy seem to be here until
We decide to move on that
VBach is our DH..
Catcher is good for now

We need SP period...
Gonzo, Kikuchi are really now the only two
taking control of their starts

I don’t think we will go after someone soon
LeBlanc should be back by June,

Postby AT Sandiego on Tue May 14, 2019 2:17 pm

somebody's son wrote:But I really like 7-8 players that are young and we can see
a turn around

Again we have $65-$70 mill coming off the books.. M's don't know how to spend money

We have 3 pitchers You need 12-13[color=#FF0000], not 3[/color]
No true bullpen closer or set up man

Close to claiming a spot..and Kelenic not far behind 21?
Gordon, JP, Seager and Healy seem to be here until when? the homeless put up tents on Edgar Martinez Drive?
VBach is our DH..
Catcher is good for now Yes, he can hit, but he's no defensive whiz

We need SP period...
Gonzo, Kikuchi are really now the only two

I don’t think we will go after someone soon
You have one of the dumbest worst, managers in baseball...

Postby SonsofHan on Fri May 17, 2019 12:17 am

somebody's son wrote:But I really like 7-8 players that are young and we can see
a turn around. I see many more than a handful.

Again we have $65-$70 mill coming off the books..

We have 3 pitchers I assume you mean the SP Marco and Kikiuchi look like #2s, and Leake is a #3 or 4
No true bullpen closer or set up man I disagree BP has Tui, Altavilla, Elias, Brennan, Gearrin, Sadzeck, and plenty of quality prospect BPs like Bautista, Warren, Festa, atc

Close to claiming a spot..and Kelenic not far behind 21? I love the outfield Haniger is a star, Domingo is Jay Buhner, Mallex Smith is a Johnny Damon type that slow started, Bruce is an early 30s former #1 prospect that most likely is a 110 120 OPS+ bat.

Gordon, JP, Seager and Healy seem to be here until
VBach is our DH..
Catcher is good for now
I think [b]VBach is the DH, the rest if the infield is loaded. EE[/b] is great but he is a short timer hope we can trade him for something sparkly, [b]Healy- has increased his value as a 1B, 3B, DH, Seager was in shape and was a GG defender at 3rd but I also like the back to 2B vibe. Dee can be energizer bunny as a 2B, SS, PR super utility. Tim Beckham has 2 years of control and has a 30HR 50 double pace in 1/4 season. Moore the utility has a 109 OPS+ and Murphy the back up catcher has a 140 OPS+ [/b]

We need SP period...
Gonzo, Kikuchi are really now the only two Yes and #3-4 Leake. We don't need SPs we need TORs to compete with the other super teams

I don’t think we will go after someone soon Sheffield will be a #4 or better, Dunn is another shot at a good starter, but really Gilbert is the guy that has #1 stuff Mariner Rose colored glasses Marco and Kikuchi remain #2's and healthy, Gilbert gets his splash in late 2020 and is the ace, Sheffield and Dunn are #2 to #3 call em 2.5s.

My .02 cents as always add aces.

Postby mikeyb12 on Fri May 17, 2019 2:39 pm

LOL,LOL
my 78 win season seems over-optimistic as of now.... LOL
Felix.... another has been that has been around much too long... for more then 3 years I have said get rid of this fool.
Seagar the Blob returned this season buffed and lighter... still couldn't hit worth a ****... then he got injured and they're licking their chops for him to return.. (the rest of the AL) Sure he will return, they will bench Healy and put in the totally non-productive Blob at 3B.. woopie.. another reason not to watch my team sink further into oblivion.

We brought Alex the so-called CF back and he hit a HR... yep and then hotdogged a catch and muffed it big time.
We are almost as bad the O's my hometown team.. not quite but getting there...

No pitching, no bullpen and fielding is atrocious.
We many not win 65 games going the way we're going....

Postby tbear on Fri May 17, 2019 7:52 pm

Hi Mikey !!

Postby r.g. on Fri May 17, 2019 8:53 pm

I have said this before, but I have been an M's fan since they were the Pilots. But I have to admit, for the first time, EVER I have quit watching them. It is just brutal to me, just completely brutal to watch them pitch horribly, defend terribly, blow leads nightly and be managed by a skipper that is so freaking completely clueless. It is so painful for me to not watch because of all of this as much as I love baseball.

I watch other teams and see them defend and pitch and do the little things that win them games. I ask myself why isnt this team like that? This organization has a GM that has been here for years and we the fans are expected to "wait it out on a step back plan" and also hope the "prospects" pan out. I am just really, truly down on this team. I never thought I would say that but I cannot lie and say I have hope. Just truly depressing knowing another season is going down the drain and nothing will come of it. This truly stinks. :x :x

Postby mikeyb12 on Sat May 18, 2019 5:40 am

tbear wrote:Hi Mikey !!

HEY "tbear"... howya doin'??

Postby glenstar on Sat May 18, 2019 3:01 pm

Quite a few years ago after my daughter was born, our 2nd child, I decided to have a vasectomy. The doctor was a former missionary doctor and came by a referral from someone I knew from church. He was doing the surgery at about 1/2 the cost of most doctors. Everything was going fine. He numbed me, and then preceded to cut where he had not anesthetized. I shot straight up from the table, Well, this year's version of the Mariners is about as painful to watch as that surgery felt.

Postby r.g. on Sat May 18, 2019 5:46 pm

Glen,

Now THAT is the most unusual analogy I have EVER read from someone here. BUT, in all honesty, it probably is the BEST analogy of what this season has become. :wink:

Next

Return to Mariners