Advertising

Domingo Sanatana trade

Postby SonsofHan on Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:23 pm

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/12/ ... ntana.html

The return is in bye-bye hair flip. Outfielder Ben Gamel and righty Noah Zavolas are going to the Brewers in the deal, Corey Brock of The Athletic tweets.
Last edited by SonsofHan on Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Domingo Sanatana trade

Postby SonsofHan on Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:27 pm

He had a 126 OPS+ in 17 and will only be 26 next year.

If there is no more action it would seem to be the best outfield we have had in years.
Haniger, Mallex, Sanatana, Bruce, Gamel.

Maybe you see a L/R platoon type with Bruce, Healy~ or Bruce Sanatana.

I wonder what we sent out?

I think it is funny they finally got him I don't know how many times I have seen him as a trade target from various posters here but it is a bin number.
Last edited by SonsofHan on Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby harmony55 on Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:38 pm

Will Domingo Santana's tenure with the Mariners be longer than the tenure of the last Santana?

Steamer, who assumes 600 plate appearances for each outfielder, projects 2019 WAR of 0.7 for Santana and 1.2 for Ben Gamel.

Gamel has four years of team control and Santana has three years of team control with a modest projected 2019 salary of $2 million.

The Mariners needed to balance out the lineup with a righthanded bat.

Santana tripled off Matt Harvey in a game I witnessed in September:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxe ... 9190.shtml
Last edited by harmony55 on Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby rockycola on Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:52 pm

soh, I can see you're excited about this. I your intro post you say bye-bye Gamel.
In your next post you say Ben will be part of our best OF in.....like.....FOREVERRRRRR! :P :P :P

Make up your mind, son. 8)

Just funnin' ya, I've done the exact same thing.

Santana is young(ish) and has more power than Gamel. Strikes out a bunch but can steal a base. With the LH bat of Gamel departing it gives a little better balance of righty-lefty.

Zavolas has a decent upside but JD seems to want to get rid of all young pitchers with potential :( :roll:

Postby Hy Feiber on Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:59 pm

Strikes out a ton.

Postby harmony55 on Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:08 pm

rockycola wrote:soh, I can see you're excited about this. I your intro post you say bye-bye Gamel.
In your next post you say Ben will be part of our best OF in.....like.....FOREVERRRRRR! :P :P :P

Santana is young(ish) and has more power than Gamel. Strikes out a bunch but can steal a base. With the LH bat of Gamel departing it gives a little better balance of righty-lefty.

Zavolas has a decent upside but JD seems to want to get rid of all young pitchers with potential :( :roll:

I thought Noah Zavolas, a recent Harvard graduate and 18th-round pick, might to headed to the Seattle front office a la David Hesslink, the 2017 MIT grad who pitched 27.1 innings at Everett after the M's selected the lefthander in the 34th round of the 2017 draft. :D

Postby rockycola on Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:01 pm

harmony55 wrote:
rockycola wrote:soh, I can see you're excited about this. I your intro post you say bye-bye Gamel.

I thought Noah Zavolas, a recent Harvard graduate and 18th-round pick, might to headed to the Seattle front office a la David Hesslink, the 2017 MIT grad who pitched 27.1 innings at Everett after the M's selected the lefthander in the 34th round of the 2017 draft. :D

Can't have smart people threatening the front office, now can we?

Postby AZ Old Dawg on Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:06 pm

Kind of interesting in that Santana in that he's not a control the zone guy. Maybe Jerry thinks he's Healy's step brother.

Postby petert on Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:11 pm

SonsofHan wrote:https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/12/mariners-reportedly-nearing-acquisition-of-domingo-santana.html

The return is in bye-bye hair flip. Outfielder Ben Gamel and righty Noah Zavolas are going to the Brewers in the deal, Corey Brock of The Athletic tweets.

Someday, when Jerry DiPoto donates his body to science, they’re going to open his cranium and find that Monty Hall has been in there all along.

Postby Rooosevelt on Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:12 pm

Had to replace the K's lost when Zunino was traded.

Wish Gamel luck. Didn't seem to get a fair shake by the M's last year.

Next

Return to Mariners