Advertising

Re: Deja Vue All Over Again: Dustin Ackley Signed

Postby ice99 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:31 am

Captain 97 wrote:
ice99 wrote:I remember Mike Carp. He wasn't a slugger and was considered a soft body type. At Tacoma, they decided to start his bat early with a longer swing. His BB/K ratio went down from about 1.0. Then there was Wedge that wanted the M's hitters to be more aggressive. Ackley seemed messed up with his development too.

I've wondered what would have happened if Edgar was the hitting coach when Carp was first up with the M's. Edgar wants the hitters to be quick (and direct) to the ball, so that would have reduced the need for Carp to start his bat as early, and could have let Carp keep a better BB/K ratio.

Perhaps he would have had a stellar contact rate like Mike Zunino. :lol:

Carp was a totally different type of hitter. I'd say that Carp would have had an improved career hitting-wise.

Postby AT Sandiego on Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:48 pm

Maybe we'll get Ackley's autograph at spring training... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Postby Captain 97 on Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:51 pm

AT Sandiego wrote:Maybe we'll get Ackley's autograph at spring training... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I actually got Ackleys Autograph the day that he signed with the M's. He was at Safeco for some pregame B.P. and a press conference and I cornered him when he came up the aisle during the game. :lol:

Postby D-Trains on Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:45 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
AT Sandiego wrote:Maybe we'll get Ackley's autograph at spring training... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I actually got Ackleys Autograph the day that he signed with the M's. He was at Safeco for some pregame B.P. and a press conference and I cornered him when he came up the aisle during the game. :lol:

If you pay $12 I will take it off your hands for you..........

dt

Previous

Return to Mariners