Advertising

Re: M's sign Tim Beckham

Postby rockycola on Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:33 pm

Rooosevelt wrote:Well, if he sucked for Baltimore last year, he can suck for the Mariners in 2019.

Almost a slogan!

:lol:

Postby D-Trains on Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:36 pm

2021WSorBust wrote:Gotcha. In general, I like the pick up of Beckham a lot for the club at this juncture. He's the type of player they should target to backfill and bridge the gap. He's relatively young. He's cheap. He has versatility. He definitely has bounce back potential and he's under control for more than one year. In response to a comment made earlier today from MLBTR:

Because he has four years, 134 days of Major League service time, Beckham wouldn’t qualify as a free agent next winter even if he spends the entire season on the Mariners’ roster. He’d remain arbitration-eligible for one final season, thus making him a potential multi-year option in Seattle, even if he ultimately settles into a platoon or utility role.

Wow. Had no idea. Cool.

dt

Postby rockycola on Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:56 pm

D-Trains wrote:
2021WSorBust wrote:Gotcha. In general, I like the pick up of Beckham a lot for the club at this juncture. He's the type of player they should target to backfill and bridge the gap. He's relatively young. He's cheap. He has versatility. He definitely has bounce back potential and he's under control for more than one year. In response to a comment made earlier today from MLBTR:

Because he has four years, 134 days of Major League service time, Beckham wouldn’t qualify as a free agent next winter even if he spends the entire season on the Mariners’ roster. He’d remain arbitration-eligible for one final season, thus making him a potential multi-year option in Seattle, even if he ultimately settles into a platoon or utility role.

Wow. Had no idea. Cool.

dt

That probably went into JD's strategy of whom to target for the SS/IF position.

Postby Hy Feiber on Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:51 pm

I’m betting on Beckham to get his 3 rbi’s, that’s all he needs to best Romine.

Postby D-Trains on Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:54 pm

Hy Feiber wrote:I’m betting on Beckham to get his 3 rbi’s, that’s all he needs to best Romine.

I bet he get 3 in Japan.

dt

Postby Captain 97 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:30 am

Great move to bring on players who come from a culture of losing. He can mentor the team on how to gun for that #1 Pick. :lol:

Postby ice99 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:29 pm

ice99 wrote:JP Crawford likely goes to AAA after the Japan series.

If this link is correct, Crawford has one year and 20 days of mlb service.

https://legacy.baseballprospectus.com/c ... -mariners/

The season is 187 days. if he plays only 166 days he would be a day short. However, anything 172 days or more is credited as a full season.

To get another year of control, Crawford would have to be down 21 days + 15 days (187-172), or a little over 5 weeks.

This season is unusual because they start early. The time between their first game in Japan and the last game of the season is 194 days. I suspect that the week between the Japan series and the first game back is going to be excluded from the service time.

Postby AT Sandiego on Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:51 pm

So we kept Gordon Beckman in AAA most of last season instead of shipping Romine, a total waste, out.... And released one Beckham..... now we sign another...loading up on busted prospects, I see :D :D :D

Postby D-Trains on Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:46 pm

AT Sandiego wrote:So we kept Gordon Beckman in AAA most of last season instead of shipping Romine, a total waste, out.... And released one Beckham..... now we sign another...loading up on busted prospects, I see :D :D :D

Like I said we should have kept Gordon Beckham to go with Beckam.........and Gordon.

dt

Postby Kenkokan on Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:09 pm

He was bad last year, but pretty good in 2017 and acceptable in 2016. Might be too soon to say he is completely failed.

PreviousNext

Return to Mariners