Advertising

Has Seager smoked the day's last cigarette?

Postby D-Trains on Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:06 pm

 
Posts: 78061
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 am
Location: Kirkland, WA

Re: Has Seager smoked the day's last cigarette?

Postby rockycola on Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:16 pm

D-Trains wrote:https://prospectinsider.com/shifting-expectations-kyle-seager/

Well written piece by Arkins. If Seager comes back with a vengeance, even a little requital, that would get the M's 6-7 more wins.
 
Posts: 13561
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:01 am
Location: Alderwood, WA

Re: Has Seager smoked the day's last cigarette?

Postby WARwhatisitgoodfor on Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:57 am

My theory is Seager spent 2018 with a pregnant wife and new baby.

Dude had dark circles around his eyes almost constantly.

Bet you $20 Seager is the one that takes care of the baby at night when she woke up. He just looks like the kind of guy that would let his wife keep sleeping.

I actually expect a much better 2019 for Kyle.
 
Posts: 3493
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:08 pm

Re: Has Seager smoked the day's last cigarette?

Postby AT Sandiego on Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:21 am

rockycola wrote:
D-Trains wrote:https://prospectinsider.com/shifting-expectations-kyle-seager/

Well written piece by Arkins. If Seager comes back with a vengeance, even a little requital, that would get the M's 6-7 more wins.


Seager's increasing strikeout rate and his decreasing walk rate are four year constants. In order to "beef up" to hit the ball with more authority, it appears that Seager has added most of the poundage to his ass and thighs... he has definitely lost speed on the basepaths.

"Coming back with a vengeance???" I hardly think so.... staying up late all night walking his kid? I doubt that....
Seager is a huge disappointment, period. He's currently a fraud and I feel disgusted when Sims or Aaron Goldmouth call him "the all star third baseman!" I look at Matt Chapman, Jose Ramirez, Manny Machado, Nolan Arendo, Anthony Rendon, Justin Turner, Kris Bryant...... Seager isn't in the same school, let alone the same class with these guys. He's a bad joke.
 
Posts: 1171
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:10 pm

Re: Has Seager smoked the day's last cigarette?

Postby Double Mocha Man on Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:48 pm

AT Sandiego wrote: In order to "beef up" to hit the ball with more authority, it appears that Seager has added most of the poundage to his ass and thighs...


Don't be mistakenly thinking that ass and those thighs have been acquired at the gym. When I am on baby watch I ease the stress by polishing off a pint of Ben & Jerry's "Baby Blues Blueberry Swirl". But my physique is still svelte because I walk 18 holes; not duck-running 90 feet.
 
Posts: 4909
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:56 pm
Location: Bellingham

Re: Has Seager smoked the day's last cigarette?

Postby Double Mocha Man on Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:52 pm

When you are making as much money as Mr. Seager you do not need to stay up late and get bags under your eyes, or have your butt expand and flatten out. You are a professional athlete and you can afford a nanny.
 
Posts: 4909
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:56 pm
Location: Bellingham

Re: Has Seager smoked the day's last cigarette?

Postby ddraig on Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:33 pm

AT Sandiego wrote: I look at Matt Chapman, Jose Ramirez, Manny Machado, Nolan Arendo, Anthony Rendon, Justin Turner, Kris Bryant...... Seager isn't in the same school, let alone the same class with these guys. He's a bad joke.


Please don't mention Rendon any more. We passed on him because we had Seager!
 
Posts: 13541
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:04 pm
Location: Auburn, WA

Re: Has Seager smoked the day's last cigarette?

Postby SonsofHan on Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:43 pm

AT Sandiego wrote:
rockycola wrote:
D-Trains wrote:https://prospectinsider.com/shifting-expectations-kyle-seager/

Well written piece by Arkins. If Seager comes back with a vengeance, even a little requital, that would get the M's 6-7 more wins.


Seager's increasing strikeout rate and his decreasing walk rate are four year constants. In order to "beef up" to hit the ball with more authority, it appears that Seager has added most of the poundage to his ass and thighs... he has definitely lost speed on the basepaths.

"Coming back with a vengeance???" I hardly think so.... staying up late all night walking his kid? I doubt that....
Seager is a huge disappointment, period. He's currently a fraud and I feel disgusted when Sims or Aaron Goldmouth call him "the all star third baseman!" I look at Matt Chapman, Jose Ramirez, Manny Machado, Nolan Arendo, Anthony Rendon, Justin Turner, Kris Bryant...... Seager isn't in the same school, let alone the same class with these guys. He's a bad joke.


The best lies are those with a little truth, eh. True on the K rate not true on the BB%
Year BB%
2015 7.9
2016 10.2
2017 8.9
2018 6

I am betting on injuries dragging down his performance. He had the oblique strain in 2017 and flared up in 2018 and the broken toe in 2018 June. I am looking to get Seager hot at the right time. This could happen at any point over the next few years.
War isnce 2013
Seager 24.2 WAR
Rendon 21.1 WAR
Turner 24.1 WAR

And 3. Well you are such an old curmudgeon I can genuinly see you chasing school kids off your lawn.
 
Posts: 1175
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:45 pm

Re: Has Seager smoked the day's last cigarette?

Postby D-Trains on Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:51 pm

ddraig wrote:
AT Sandiego wrote: I look at Matt Chapman, Jose Ramirez, Manny Machado, Nolan Arendo, Anthony Rendon, Justin Turner, Kris Bryant...... Seager isn't in the same school, let alone the same class with these guys. He's a bad joke.


Please don't mention Rendon any more. We passed on him because we had Seager!


Seager was in the minors playing second base and not even considered a top prospect when we drafted Hultzen instead of Rendon.

dt
 
Posts: 78061
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 am
Location: Kirkland, WA

Re: Has Seager smoked the day's last cigarette?

Postby Don Gorgon on Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:02 pm

they passed on Rendon because of his two ankle and a shoulder surgery while still in college, wanted to go with a more reliable player...oh wait
 
Posts: 50491
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:59 am
Location: balm yard

Next

Return to Mariners

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Don Gorgon and 14 guests

Advertising