Advertising

Re: Snowpocalypse

Postby ddraig on Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:19 pm

Coeur d Alene J wrote:
ddraig wrote:Last year had fewer sunspots than the past 40 years or so. They expect a downturn in sunspot activity for a few more years. So what do sunspots have to do with our weather? Fewer sunspots cools our atmosphere. The last time they had a lower number of sunspots was during the Little Ice Age or Maunder Minimum from 1645 to 1715. Apparently there were some guys who would look at the sun and would record fewer sunspot activity.

We could be in for a colder than usual climate, but I wouldn't call it "Sudden Climate Change." Perhaps it's just "weather?" .

Spot on ........

According to Occasional Cortex we have 11 yrs 10 months to live.....maybe we will all freeze to death lol

Did she get her information from Al Gore? In 2006, Gore predicted we would reach the point of no return by 2016. Unfortunately for Al, all climate data for the past 18 to 20 years illustrated NO Global Warming. Huh? And of course the current Snowmageddon predictions are a result of sudden climate change even though you can find snowstorms in the past that duplicate, or are worse, than the current series of storms. Damned humans!

Postby ddraig on Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:14 am

D-Trains wrote:
Coeur d Alene J wrote:
D-Trains wrote:If anyone needs an egg we were at QFC in bellevue and they had one broken one.

dt

I have several eggs in my chicken coup and I think they froze. Lol

hmm can frozen eggs be unthawed and eaten? Never run across a frozen egg before. :)

No, but perhaps some Cold Duck???? :P

Postby D-Trains on Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:00 am

maoling wrote:I'm sitting on full freezers, 20 eggs, 30 rolls of toilet paper, a case of beer and a half-gallon of scotch. I can go another three weeks before driving to Safeway. I wish my dogs would stop pissing on the patio, however.

Ha, mine just did on my deck, lazy spoiled bastards.........

dt

Postby Don Gorgon on Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:04 am

not a hint of snow around here though the weather has been a bit on the cool side, like a warm August in Seattle, been nights where a jacket might be handy, with the breeze off the ocean...you guys enjoy making your snowmen

Previous

Return to Mariners