Advertising

Porters update

Postby D-Trains on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:20 am

Michael Jr. is currently injured (karma?) but Jontay is playing well. I guess he "passed up" his senior season of high schoool????? wtf

https://www.rockmnation.com/2017/11/14/ ... -porter-jr

Re: Porters update

Postby Michael K 2 on Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:24 pm

There were tons of rumors that MPJ may have stayed at Washington for two years to play with his brother. I guess they figured having the younger skip a year was the better way to accomplish that? Odd.

Postby D-Trains on Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:02 pm

Michael K 2 wrote:There were tons of rumors that MPJ may have stayed at Washington for two years to play with his brother. I guess they figured having the younger skip a year was the better way to accomplish that? Odd.

I don't think I have ever heard of that. I know football players enroll in January so they can play spring ball but this kid is playing in real college games right now. Oddly I can't find his birth date anywhere. hmm.

dt

Postby Michael K 2 on Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:27 pm

D-Trains wrote:
Michael K 2 wrote:There were tons of rumors that MPJ may have stayed at Washington for two years to play with his brother. I guess they figured having the younger skip a year was the better way to accomplish that? Odd.

I don't think I have ever heard of that. I know football players enroll in January so they can play spring ball but this kid is playing in real college games right now. Oddly I can't find his birth date anywhere. hmm.

dt

I've never heard of it athletically either. Academically there are tons of HS kids doing running start, taking classes at the local JC, but they still play their sports at the HS they are enrolled in. I mean, didn't IT end up playing an extra year at a Prep school before enrolling? Maybe this is the same only in reverse!? LOL

Postby D-Trains on Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:51 pm

Michael K 2 wrote:
D-Trains wrote:

dt

I've never heard of it athletically either. Academically there are tons of HS kids doing running start, taking classes at the local JC, but they still play their sports at the HS they are enrolled in. I mean, didn't IT end up playing an extra year at a Prep school before enrolling? Maybe this is the same only in reverse!? LOL

Don't you have to have a HS diploma to get into a four year school? How in the hell did he get his diploma a full year early after transferring to Nathan Hale. Damn that Seattle school system is AMAZING. Maybe those teachers should get paid the $100k a year they think they deserve. lol

dt

Postby Captain 97 on Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:36 pm

Must have got his ged. Bryce Harper got his GED after his sophomore year of high school so that he could play one year of j.c. ball and be eligible for the draft a year early.

Postby AZ Old Dawg on Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:58 am

As a retired high school counselor/coach I can't imagine any kid getting into a Division I college admissions wise via a GED. A JC is realistic. Go on line and take a look at Missouri's entry standards. I don't know if it is still true today since I've been out of it (don't go there Darren) for awhile but some schools used to have a "%" window that would allow impoverished kids to get admitted but the Porter family certainly isn't impoverished.

Return to Husky Men's Basketball