Advertising

Re: Hop's UW at Kansas Jayhawks game thread, Dec. 6

Postby Michael K 2 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:49 pm

rockycola wrote:
D-Trains wrote:I sure hope the Porters were able to catch the game. lol

dt

My thoughts exactly.

Neener Neener and a big f.u. to all the rats that jumped ship.

What could have been with them happened without them.

I also hope Romar and his boys were watching from AZ! That was freaking awesome! Been a long time since we could be this optimistic about both the Football and Basketball coach and the future.

I sure hope Hop wants to build something and not use this as a way to get a job back east.

Postby D-Trains on Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:57 pm

I think he does. He is a West coast guy after all. Can you think of a bigger upset by a Seattle team? I honestly can't right now.

dt

Postby D-Trains on Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:58 pm

kc26 wrote:I'm taking KU and giving the 22.

I believe I win. :)

dt

Postby D-Trains on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:41 pm

Wasn't this supposed to be a rebuilding year for us? Cal just lost to Central Arkansas by 27 at home. Now that is a rebuilding year.

dt

Postby rockycola on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:58 pm

Who was assigned to guard Devonte' Graham tonight?

I only watched the last 5 minutes of the game. His last four games previous he scored 17, 14, 35 and again, 35.
He was held to only 3 points tonight on 1-8 shooting.

So, who's teaching these kids how to play basketball? :P

Sure is refreshing to see real defense, fundamentals, offensive plays, good screens, etc.

Postby DAWG SATURDAY on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:05 pm

rockycola wrote:Who was assigned to guard Devonte' Graham tonight?

I only watched the last 5 minutes of the game. His last four games previous he scored 17, 14, 35 and again, 35.
He was held to only 3 points tonight on 1-8 shooting.

So, who's teaching these kids how to play basketball? :P

Sure is refreshing to see real defense, fundamentals, offensive plays, good screens, etc.

Nobody really... they just had a smothering zone around the 3 point circle. Kansas' only O threat was passing it to the zone breaker at the free throw line. He had a good game but that's all they allowed. They basically eliminated Kansas' 4 scorers and put the ball in the hands of a kid who, to his credit, scored 28 but was very nervous in doing so.

Postby D-Trains on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:25 pm

Hop said he watched them destroy Syracuse's 2-3 zone with open threes and made a slight adjustment by stretching the top of the zone out to the three point line. Seemed to work out quite nicely.

Context on these historic highlights: Huskies came into game 0-29 away from home vs Top 2 teams, hadn't beaten a Top 5 team on the road since 1951. 4-80 away from home vs Top 10. Until now. Final from Kansas City: WASHINGTON 74, No. 2 Kansas 65. A rock chalk shocker

Postby Captain 97 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:42 pm

Pretty incredible. I missed the second half but let out a big yell when I heard the score in the car on the way home. Recruits are going to start paying attention now. 2 more wins and we tie last season's team. Shows that solid coaching is a whole lot more important than having a lottery pick on your team.

Postby HomeDinger on Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:05 am

I witnessed one of the biggest upsets of the year. After all the hype about Kansas being impossible to beat, I was satisfied with the lead at the half, would have been a big upset if that was all the Huskies got. I wish Romar could have had this kind of coaching ability to go with his recruiting skills.

Zags next up.

Postby kc26 on Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:22 am

kc26 wrote:
D-Trains wrote:
kc26 wrote:I'm taking KU and giving the 22.

I will take that bet just for laughs. :)

dt

I'm going to have to record this one and watch it later tonight. I'm hoping I am not able to watch it in 10 minutes ........... that usually happens when my team is losing and I fast forward while keeping an eye on the scoreboard and hoping that I will see a glimpse of a game worth stopping and watching.

D-Trains wrote:
I believe I win. :)

dt

UNBELIEVABLE!

No fast forwarding last night. I watched every minute ........... twice even!

Who would have thought that a team that struggled to beat St. Martins and Seattle U would not only beat the number 2 team in the nation, but be in complete control for most of the second half.

Good thing I am not a gambler.

PreviousNext

Return to Husky Men's Basketball