Advertising

Where did he come from? Jaden McDaniels + recruiting.

Postby BroadcastingHusky on Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:34 pm

I want to say McDaniels was originally part of the 2018 class and was held back? He was always listed in that class and didn't show any offers... so I'm not sure what happened. Maybe it was an error on Scout and 247? I remember Isaiah's recruiting profile looking similar.

That said, all of a sudden he's in the 2019 class and is considered a 5 star and the 4th overall player in the country. He's a 6'11 Forward from Federal Way.

Guess he blew up late? Apparently he was went off at some camps this summer and shot up the rankings. Here's a comment he made at one of these camps:

“He (Mike Hopkins) is just telling me to be ready to work. If you work, you’re going to be able to play a lot. Staying home would be fun and I wouldn’t mind going there at all.”

Get him in purple Hop.

Other thoughts:

Uhhh... why is PJ Fuller committed to TCU? Man... I really haven't been keeping up.

I suppose it's alright... Raequan Battle, a 4 star commit, is a PG/SG... maybe that's why Fuller looked elsewhere. Plus the lefty we have coming in this year, Elijah Hardy, is a true PG and true baller who was given a 3 star designation by 247... but a 4 star by Scout. He played for team USA and is an absolute stud.

For those of you who haven't seen Battle... kid is the next CJ Wilcox. His stroke is so money. Top 100 kid... so that's nice.

Return to Husky Men's Basketball