Advertising

Re: Game Thread Wed., Dec 5 @ #1 Zag Bulldogs 8:00 PM

Postby Livesmatterinthiscountry on Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:22 am

rockycola wrote:A shame, really. UW had opportunities, some shots that should have gone in and they put a scare into Gonzaga. Losing by just two, 81-79 in a good effort is still losing. This showed that if they play to their strengths and stick with strong defense they are a force to be reckoned with.
If this goes to their heads as a bummer of a loss, dour times could follow them.



Na, they could only grow from this. Taking the number 1 team down to the wire isn't going to hurt their confidence any or send them into any tail spin. I still think Hopkins is not utilizing his big men enough as in the 7 footers. I think this team can take it to another level with them both or maybe all 3 getting some playing time. To be honest i find it very hard to believe that they are getting zero playing time. Last year they despertately needed some bigger bodies down low for some size and shot blocking. They went out and recruited them but they just continue to sit on the bench , game in and game out. Hopkins is doing a great job but i don't get this.
 
Posts: 3233
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:52 pm

Re: Game Thread Wed., Dec 5 @ #1 Zag Bulldogs 8:00 PM

Postby Livesmatterinthiscountry on Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:27 am

The zags where without Tillie who is probably their best player and a big man who can shoot the three lights out and their back up point Crandall who is also a very good three point shooter that would have broken the zone, but that is neither here or there.
 
Posts: 3233
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:52 pm

Re: Game Thread Wed., Dec 5 @ #1 Zag Bulldogs 8:00 PM

Postby D-Trains on Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:46 am

Livesmatterinthiscountry wrote:
rockycola wrote:A shame, really. UW had opportunities, some shots that should have gone in and they put a scare into Gonzaga. Losing by just two, 81-79 in a good effort is still losing. This showed that if they play to their strengths and stick with strong defense they are a force to be reckoned with.
If this goes to their heads as a bummer of a loss, dour times could follow them.



Na, they could only grow from this. Taking the number 1 team down to the wire isn't going to hurt their confidence any or send them into any tail spin. I still think Hopkins is not utilizing his big men enough as in the 7 footers. I think this team can take it to another level with them both or maybe all 3 getting some playing time. To be honest i find it very hard to believe that they are getting zero playing time. Last year they despertately needed some bigger bodies down low for some size and shot blocking. They went out and recruited them but they just continue to sit on the bench , game in and game out. Hopkins is doing a great job but i don't get this.


My God, rocky with a negative slant and Lives being positive. I had to look outside just now to see if the sun rose in the West! :shock: :shock: :shock:

dt
 
Posts: 76875
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 am
Location: Kirkland, WA

Re: Game Thread Wed., Dec 5 @ #1 Zag Bulldogs 8:00 PM

Postby AZ Old Dawg on Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:43 am

Good Lord. I used to salivate when I got the ball to shoot the trey. We look like we don't want to shoot it and then hurry and turn it into a brick. MT showed some promised and needs to be much more actively on offense.

I read Walton's book to see if he wrote like he broadcasts. You know: a to f to x to c and so on. Well he writes the same way and it's almost comedic to read. I think those 38 surgeries coupled with way too much ganja had an impact. He does tell some Larry Bird stories that are even better than "who's got second" at the 3 point contest. One about Manute Bol and one about playing left handed against Portland.
 
Posts: 1863
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Surprise, AZ

Re: Game Thread Wed., Dec 5 @ #1 Zag Bulldogs 8:00 PM

Postby David Gee 24 on Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:55 am

I caught some of the first half and then the end of the game and what was it Walton said, "Shoot the three, go for the win, get off the court and hope your bus doesn't catch on fire". Sorry guys, but I find his goofiness to be very entertaining.
 
Posts: 2620
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:09 pm
Location: Costa Mesa, CA

Re: Game Thread Wed., Dec 5 @ #1 Zag Bulldogs 8:00 PM

Postby rockycola on Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:38 am

D-Trains wrote:
Livesmatterinthiscountry wrote:
rockycola wrote:A shame, really. UW had opportunities, some shots that should have gone in and they put a scare into Gonzaga. Losing by just two, 81-79 in a good effort is still losing. This showed that if they play to their strengths and stick with strong defense they are a force to be reckoned with.
If this goes to their heads as a bummer of a loss, dour times could follow them.



Na, they could only grow from this. Taking the number 1 team down to the wire isn't going to hurt their confidence any or send them into any tail spin. I still think Hopkins is not utilizing his big men enough as in the 7 footers. I think this team can take it to another level with them both or maybe all 3 getting some playing time. To be honest i find it very hard to believe that they are getting zero playing time. Last year they despertately needed some bigger bodies down low for some size and shot blocking. They went out and recruited them but they just continue to sit on the bench , game in and game out. Hopkins is doing a great job but i don't get this.


My God, rocky with a negative slant and Lives being positive. I had to look outside just now to see if the sun rose in the West! :shock: :shock: :shock:

dt

Nah, just looking at both sides of the coin and a little reverse psych :wink:
 
Posts: 13212
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:01 am
Location: Alderwood, WA

Re: Game Thread Wed., Dec 5 @ #1 Zag Bulldogs 8:00 PM

Postby D-Trains on Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:09 pm

Ah the ole reverse jinx! You owe me 25 cents for copy write :wink: infringement!
 
Posts: 76875
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 am
Location: Kirkland, WA

Re: Game Thread Wed., Dec 5 @ #1 Zag Bulldogs 8:00 PM

Postby rockycola on Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:31 pm

D-Trains wrote:Ah the ole reverse jinx! You owe me 25 cents for copy write :wink: infringement!

U.S. Copyright Office - you never filed! You've been fined 25¢. Beware of the non-pay penalty of $100 per day and/or up to 5 years incarceration 8) :!:
 
Posts: 13212
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:01 am
Location: Alderwood, WA

Re: Game Thread Wed., Dec 5 @ #1 Zag Bulldogs 8:00 PM

Postby 57reasons on Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:44 pm

Darn close to winning that thing, would have were it not for a complete defensive meltdown - allowing 100% foul-shooting on 19 attempts. :!: guess they found the hole in the zone - at the free throw line!
 
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: Game Thread Wed., Dec 5 @ #1 Zag Bulldogs 8:00 PM

Postby Livesmatterinthiscountry on Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:12 am

Who needs McDonald all Americans when you can go out and get count them 7 , yes 7, 5th year seniors and put them on your team do to the lax pathetic ncaa rules. That would be number 7 ranked Nevada. Worse then BYU, you basically have a bunch of really good grown men playing against kids every time that teams plays anyone . The announcers make it a point that it was a huge advantage for Nevada. I certainly have to agree. :shock: :twisted: Despite all that Arizona state lead them almost the entire game and should have beat them.
 
Posts: 3233
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:52 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Husky Men's Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Advertising