Advertising

Re: The discard the Trojans game thread

Postby BroadcastingHusky on Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:16 pm

Hindemith wrote:
Michael K 2 wrote:Big one by Dom Green! Then Thybull tells me to shut my stupid mouth by getting his 4th steal and a slam.

... and then the Huskies fvck around missing free throws and give USC yet another chance with 7 seconds left. Very impressive game today against a team that doesn't match up well with UW (according to BroadcastingHusky).
:roll:

They don’t match up well with us. They didn’t lead at any point in the game and hit some prayer 3’s to stay close multiple times. We held leads of 10+ what, 3 or 4 times?

You are such a whiny cry baby when it comes to this team. Oh really... they need to win again to get a spot? You’re an even bigger idiot than Livesmatter if you think they’re not a lock.

Postby D-Trains on Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:22 pm

dt[/quote]
They probably need another win given that they couldn't put away the 92nd ranked team in the nation.[/quote]

So Gonzaga can get blown out by a nunnery in St. Marys and still have a #1 seed but we have to blow out a P 12 team to even get in. lol

dt

Postby D-Trains on Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:23 pm

Buffs had a 20 pt lead but now fighting to hang on.

dt

Postby rockycola on Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:44 pm

D-Trains wrote:Buffs had a 20 pt lead but now fighting to hang on.

dt

Hang on, Buffs did, 73 - 58.

Postby Livesmatterinthiscountry on Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:31 pm

I think they will have to make it to the finals to be guaranteed a spot. Short of that I think it will be 50 / 50 if they get in.

Postby Livesmatterinthiscountry on Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:33 pm

D-Trains wrote:dt

They probably need another win given that they couldn't put away the 92nd ranked team in the nation.[/quote]

So Gonzaga can get blown out by a nunnery in St. Marys and still have a #1 seed but we have to blow out a P 12 team to even get in. lol

dt[/quote]

Who says that Gonzaga will still have a 1 seed ? Even a second seed is good, it's just matters who will be in your path to the final four and more importantly where will you play ?

Postby 57reasons on Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:07 pm

Livesmatterinthiscountry wrote:I think they will have to make it to the finals to be guaranteed a spot. Short of that I think it will be 50 / 50 if they get in.

I think they're in, right now, even with a loss to Colorado, which i also dont think likely. by the way, this was their best win in 3 or 4 weeks. bad matchup or not, that team has a lot better talent than their record would indicate - a lot of scoring power anyhow. and played at neutral site - better than the OSU win at home in OT. good time to get back on track going into the Dance.

Postby rockycola on Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:10 pm

Sun Devils lead Bruins at the half 45 - 29.

Postby Hindemith on Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:27 pm

D-Trains wrote:
Hindemith wrote:They probably need another win given that they couldn't put away the 92nd ranked team in the nation.

Well, that "nunnery" is currently ranked #34 in the nation, ahead of any team in the Pac 12 so that loss wasn't really all that bad, was it?

BroadcastingHusky wrote:
They don’t match up well with us. They didn’t lead at any point in the game and hit some prayer 3’s to stay close multiple times. We held leads of 10+ what, 3 or 4 times?

So they don't match up well with the Huskies, yet they were in a position to send the game into OT with 7 seconds left. What does that say about how well UW played today?

Also, none of the national sports journalists that I have heard on local radio thought the Huskies had a decent chance to make the tournament if they didn't win today, so why would barely pulling out a win against #92 in the nation suddenly make them a lock?

Postby Livesmatterinthiscountry on Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:15 pm

Big party going on in Beasley coliseum tonight as Ernie Kent gets the boot. Big props to the new WSU AD even though it may cost them 4.3 mil .

PreviousNext

Return to Husky Men's Basketball