Advertising

Predictions for the rest of the Season

Postby D-Trains on Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:06 pm

***PAC 12 Conference Play Begins***
Sat, Jan 5 vs. Washington St 7:30 PM PAC12 TV W
Thu, Jan 10 @ Utah 7:00 PM W
Sat, Jan 12 @ Colorado 7:00 PM W
Thu, Jan 17 vs. Stanford 6:00 PM W
Sat, Jan 19 vs. California 2:00 PM PAC12 TV W
Thu, Jan 24 @ #14 Oregon 6:00 PM W
Sat, Jan 26 @ Oregon St 1:00 PM PAC12 TV L
Wed, Jan 30 vs. USC 8:00 PM W
Sat, Feb 2 vs. #21 UCLA 1:00 PM L
Thu, Feb 7 @ Arizona 6:00 PM L
Sat, Feb 9 @ Arizona St 9:00 AM W
Sat, Feb 16 @ Washington St 5:00 PM W
Wed, Feb 20 vs. Utah 8:00 PM W
Sat, Feb 23 vs. Colorado 7:30 PM PAC12 TV W
Thu, Feb 28 @ California 8:00 PM W
Sun, Mar 3 @ Stanford 1:00 PM L
Wed, Mar 6 vs. Oregon St 6:00 PM PAC12 TV W
Sat, Mar 9 vs. #14 Oregon 7:00 PM W

14-4 in conference and 23-8 over all before the tourney. Am I a victim of irrational exuberance?

dt
 
Posts: 78750
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 am
Location: Kirkland, WA

Re: Predictions for the rest of the Season

Postby rockycola on Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:51 pm

6 - 0 to start in conf. play. My, you are ambitious. It would be nice to see, especially if we can get a couple of 7-footers into play...........
 
Posts: 13759
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:01 am
Location: Alderwood, WA

Re: Predictions for the rest of the Season

Postby BroadcastingHusky on Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:08 am

rockycola wrote:6 - 0 to start in conf. play. My, you are ambitious. It would be nice to see, especially if we can get a couple of 7-footers into play...........


I could see 6-0... even 7-0. Oregon has fallen off the planet w/ Bol Bol out and Oregon St isn't anything special.

Stanford always likes to be annoying and that's the game I have circled... if we beat Stanford at home I think we beat Cal and then carry the momentum into Oregon.

The Pac 12 is just so down. Outside of us... Arizona and maybe UCLA are the only teams with a pulse. Every other team should be handled.

My guess is 14-4 in P12 play. 23-8* record.

RPI gives us a 94% chance to make the tourney with 23 wins, and that doesn't even count the Pac 12 tournament.
Last edited by BroadcastingHusky on Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
Posts: 974
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:42 pm

Re: Predictions for the rest of the Season

Postby D-Trains on Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:11 am

Not a big deal but we had four NC losses so that would be 23-8.

dt
 
Posts: 78750
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 am
Location: Kirkland, WA

Re: Predictions for the rest of the Season

Postby D-Trains on Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:13 pm

Hey we got 8 votes in the AP poll and 3 votes in the Coaches poll. Exciting stuff.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings
 
Posts: 78750
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 am
Location: Kirkland, WA

Re: Predictions for the rest of the Season

Postby Captain 97 on Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:46 pm

The Mac, WCC, Mountain West and American Conferences all have teams in the top 25 and The Pac 12 doesn't have any. Never Thought I would see the day that the Pac 12 was basically irrelevant in college basketball. How does Larry Scott still have a Job.
 
Posts: 8203
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:10 am
Location: stanwood, WA

Re: Predictions for the rest of the Season

Postby D-Trains on Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:54 pm

Captain 97 wrote:The Mac, WCC, Mountain West and American Conferences all have teams in the top 25 and The Pac 12 doesn't have any. Never Thought I would see the day that the Pac 12 was basically irrelevant in college basketball. How does Larry Scott still have a Job.


UCLA losing at home to Belmont and Liberty. Hopefully John Wooden is focusing on other things in heaven.

dt
 
Posts: 78750
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 am
Location: Kirkland, WA

Re: Predictions for the rest of the Season

Postby 57reasons on Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:59 pm

I predict they start out 3-0 in conference play. :)
Actually, 14-4 looks very achievable given the sad sack of affairs that is the conference right now. Oregon was supposed to be the top team, but underwhelmed in n/c play even when they did have Bol. Now without him they are not in bracket contention. Next best Arizona or ASU? Zona a surprise and well coached despite all their roster departures and poor n/c play. ASU posted some bad losses. UCLA fires its coach midseason after 4 straight losses.
The door is WIDE open, just have to walk through it. Very possible only 2 Pac-12 teams dance this year, perhaps even only 1 if Dawgs win the league tourney. Imagine that for a 12-team "Power 5" conference :!:
 
Posts: 1071
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: Predictions for the rest of the Season

Postby D-Trains on Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:38 pm

57reasons wrote:I predict they start out 3-0 in conference play. :)
Actually, 14-4 looks very achievable given the sad sack of affairs that is the conference right now. Oregon was supposed to be the top team, but underwhelmed in n/c play even when they did have Bol. Now without him they are not in bracket contention. Next best Arizona or ASU? Zona a surprise and well coached despite all their roster departures and poor n/c play. ASU posted some bad losses. UCLA fires its coach midseason after 4 straight losses.
The door is WIDE open, just have to walk through it. Very possible only 2 Pac-12 teams dance this year, perhaps even only 1 if Dawgs win the league tourney. Imagine that for a 12-team "Power 5" conference :!:


But we can all rejoice about Larry Scott's amazing media company.

dt
 
Posts: 78750
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 am
Location: Kirkland, WA

Re: Predictions for the rest of the Season

Postby rockycola on Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:22 pm

They've nudged the meter!

Tues., 1/14/19 National Rankings:

AP Top 25
21 Houston 16-1
22 Villanova 13-4
23 Iowa 14-3
24 Mississippi State 12-3
25 Indiana 12-4 (116 points)

Others receiving votes: Louisville 112, Nebraska 36, Ohio State 34, Wisconsin 31, Iowa State 20, UCF 17, Purdue 16, Kansas State 14, St. John's 12, TCU 12, Murray State 9, Arizona 8, Washington 8, LSU 7, Seton Hall 6, South Carolina 6, Temple 5, Minnesota 3, Cincinnati 2, Wofford 2, Hofstra 1, Florida 1

Coaches Poll

Others receiving votes: Ohio State 74, Iowa State 38, Louisville 27, UCF 26, TCU 24, Nebraska 21, St. John's 18, Kansas State 14, Arizona 6, Furman 5, Minnesota 5, North Texas 4, Arizona State 4, Washington 3, Wisconsin 3, Purdue 3, LSU 2
 
Posts: 13759
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:01 am
Location: Alderwood, WA

Next

Return to Husky Men's Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Advertising