Advertising

Re: Predictions for the rest of the Season

Postby D-Trains on Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:25 pm

Michael K 2 wrote:A split in Oregon would have been considered a good thing, IMO, so this is amazing. The Defense is just other wordly. I had grown tired of Tinkle over the years, the coach and the player. Something tells me they are real tired of us today!

I am looking at the losses you have us down for, and I am allowing myself to be hopeful that you are wrong going ahead also. I see no way Stanford beats us, even down there. And UCLA beating us at home seems less likely also. Can you imagine if we get a sweep in the Desert!?

Yeah, if we can pull off a win in McKale center we have a good shot at running the table! And it is obviously very possible given they just got drilled by a suspect Bruin team by 20+ points.

dt

Postby BroadcastingHusky on Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:23 pm

@Arizona and @ASU will likely be the toughest road games of the season. Both difficult places to play w/ quality talent... but you know what, we're confident and there's a belief u can see the players have bought in to.

Our D travels though. The thing I love about it is we've seemed to found an answer to the entry pass at the high post that was kind of our vulnerable spot. We're extending our pressure past the 3-point line and covering the free the line with our length daring them to throw it over the top. It's a solid recipe.

Postby azdawgfan on Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:50 am

D-Trains wrote:
D-Trains wrote:***PAC 12 Conference Play Begins***
Sat, Jan 5 vs. Washington St 7:30 PM PAC12 TV W
Thu, Jan 10 @ Utah 7:00 PM W
Sat, Jan 12 @ Colorado 7:00 PM W
Thu, Jan 17 vs. Stanford 6:00 PM W
Sat, Jan 19 vs. California 2:00 PM PAC12 TV W
Thu, Jan 24 @ #14 Oregon 6:00 PM W
Sat, Jan 26 @ Oregon St 1:00 PM PAC12 TV L
Wed, Jan 30 vs. USC 8:00 PM W
Sat, Feb 2 vs. #21 UCLA 1:00 PM L
Thu, Feb 7 @ Arizona 6:00 PM L
Sat, Feb 9 @ Arizona St 9:00 AM W
Sat, Feb 16 @ Washington St 5:00 PM W
Wed, Feb 20 vs. Utah 8:00 PM W
Sat, Feb 23 vs. Colorado 7:30 PM PAC12 TV W
Thu, Feb 28 @ California 8:00 PM W
Sun, Mar 3 @ Stanford 1:00 PM L
Wed, Mar 6 vs. Oregon St 6:00 PM PAC12 TV W
Sat, Mar 9 vs. #14 Oregon 7:00 PM W

14-4 in conference and 23-8 over all before the tourney. Am I a victim of irrational exuberance?

dt

Well I am no longer perfect but that is a good thing. A another very impressive sweep and the best conference start in 66 years. Arizona got drilled by UCLA and now has three losses. We have a two game lead. The Utah road win is looking good as they are now 5-2. Hopkins is a God.

dt

OK DT - I still love your 14 and 4 prediction. Quick question: The conference is just gobbling itself up and a win in this conference almost means nothing. We have one team in the top 50????? Do we need to finish 12 and 2 or 11 and 3 to make the real post season? I keep going back to the TW Jr year when we won the regular season, flamed out in the Pac 12 Tourney, and missed the NCAAs.
On the road - We seem to start good and then try to hold on.
At home - We start slow and finish better.
The bench players are really starting to contribute. Let's hope this continues to improve. Go Dawgs!!!!

Postby Michael K 2 on Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:42 am

IMO, that Wrotten team lacked leadership, and, even as much as I complain about our shooting, was there one shooter on that team? OSU only needed to foul us and beat us that year. I don't see us lacking the shooting or the leadership that team did. Not to mention, if I remember correctly, that game was a shoot out. This team's defense doesn't allow for that.

I think if we dominate the regular season and make the Conference Semi Finals we should get in. BUT, it could depend on who beats us and how if we lose in the Semis. Make the Finals and we have to be in right? Lose the first game and all bets are off.

Postby Captain 97 on Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:29 pm

This years team has a much higher RPI. I think they will do fine with 23-24 Wins.
Speaking of Wroten how does a guy who was able to score 16.9 Points per game with 5.2 Assists per game as a 21 year old get bumped out of the League by the time he is 23. I admit that I don't follow the NBA at all anymore but that seems odd to me.

Postby Michael K 2 on Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:36 pm

Captain 97 wrote:This years team has a much higher RPI. I think they will do fine with 23-24 Wins.
Speaking of Wroten how does a guy who was able to score 16.9 Points per game with 5.2 Assists per game as a 21 year old get bumped out of the League by the time he is 23. I admit that I don't follow the NBA at all anymore but that seems odd to me.

I think he is out of the league because he shot with his left hand but looked like a guy that should probably try to shoot with the other hand.

I hope you are right about the RPI. That being said, I think their seeding is going to be far lower than what you might expect out of a Power 5 Conference regular season champ. Of course, getting in will be better than the year they didn't even make it. As I said, I think the fact that this team plays outstanding defense probably makes a first round exit far less likely. But, if they do lose in the first round I think they will be outside looking in, again.

Postby Captain 97 on Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:27 pm

Linardi Has us currently at an 8 seed. He is generally pretty close. I think with a strong finish to the season and a win or two in the conference tourney they should bump up to a 6 or 7. If they finish strong and run the table in the Pac tourney maybe a 5 at the highest. Its hard to see them going any higher than that unless they do something crazy like finish 28-6 or something like that.

Postby Michael K 2 on Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:30 pm

I would be very happy with a 5 seed. I would still be curious how often the regular season champ of any of the other Power 5 Conferences received a seed that low.

Postby D-Trains on Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:09 pm

Michael K 2 wrote:I would be very happy with a 5 seed. I would still be curious how often the regular season champ of any of the other Power 5 Conferences received a seed that low.

My guess is your answer starts with an N and rhymes with Lever.

dt

Postby Captain 97 on Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:46 pm

In 2012 Colorado was the highest seeded Pac 12 team at 11.

PreviousNext

Return to Husky Men's Basketball