Advertising

Re: Th., 1/17 Cardinal in town vs. Dawg Game Thread-6 PM

Postby Michael K 2 on Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:10 am

It was a good game, but damn, am I the only one that thinks the officiating is terrible?

Postby BroadcastingHusky on Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:28 am

Michael K 2 wrote:It was a good game, but damn, am I the only one that thinks the officiating is terrible?

It's horrible. You can actively see Pac 12 refs trying to keep games close. There were multiple times in the game where the Dawgs built a 15+ point lead and Stanford gets bailed out with a cheap foul to keep it from getting out of hand.

Thybulle and Dickerson are getting killed because of it.

Postby Michael K 2 on Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:50 pm

I think Thybulle had at least two blocks and a steal that drew a whistle and I was floored. And, sorry, I STILL don't see how the Flagrant 2 was even a foul, let alone a flagrant one for a hook and hold, or what ever BS the announcers were trying to label it.

These old fat dudes are running around blowing whistles because they are tired is what it looks like. It was really bad last night. My guess is it costs us two or more games in Conference this year.

Postby BroadcastingHusky on Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:03 pm

Michael K 2 wrote:I think Thybulle had at least two blocks and a steal that drew a whistle and I was floored. And, sorry, I STILL don't see how the Flagrant 2 was even a foul, let alone a flagrant one for a hook and hold, or what ever BS the announcers were trying to label it.

These old fat dudes are running around blowing whistles because they are tired is what it looks like. It was really bad last night. My guess is it costs us two or more games in Conference this year.

I will say Thybulle sticks his hand in the cookie jar a bit too much and it gets him in trouble... Dickerson picks up 2 or 3 fouls a game trying to work position on both ends of the floor. That said...

I don't know if you were a Sonics fan but do you remember Danny Fortson? He was a PF that picked up 5 fouls in like 15 minutes and at least a T a game. I think the refs kind of look at Thybulle and Dickerson that way. They call fouls on these guys anticipating one... which is bonkers considering Thybulle was the defensive player of the year and Dickerson was 1st team Pac 12. Where is the respect?

Postby Michael K 2 on Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:54 pm

Yeah, the whistles seem very quick...and like you said, even more so once we extend the lead.

I think I remember Danny Fortson. Wasn't he a Cincinnati Bearcat?

Postby D-Trains on Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:41 pm

Gittin't'home wrote:Listened to the Husky game on the radio. They led start to finish. The players discussed here negatively for some time, Crisp and Timmins have been stepping up big in recent games.

They were dragging Wash. down for a while and deserved the criticism but what a turnaround lately. Hopkins is getting the group to a point where they're jelling as a team.

So enjoyable to see.

Ironically Dickerson who has carried the team forever has disappeared in P12 play.

dt

Postby Rob11 on Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:28 am

We all should play online games and I love to play Roblox with Roblox hack tool.

Previous

Return to Husky Men's Basketball