Advertising

Re: Trojans invade the Hec-Suffer Dawg Bite Game Thread 1/30

Postby rockycola on Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:16 pm

Next up is Saturday, Feb. 2 at 1:00 P.M. as UCLA comes a visiting to Hec Ed.

Let's make it 9 - 0. Dawgs.

GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!

Postby azdawgfan on Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:04 am

Great updates and thread Rocky. I was banned from watching the games because every time I switch to the channel, we turn the ball over and the other team hits a three and goes on a run. Every dang time! Hopefully, this team can keep improving and break the jinx.
USC has some solid players, so this was a nice win. That Boatwright kid has a really nice touch.
Go Dawgs!

Postby AZ Old Dawg on Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:25 am

Tip of the hat to the Dawgs! They are not pretty to watch. They are kind of like Yogi Berra back in the day. They don't do anything really, really well except win.

Postby rockycola on Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:57 am

rockycola wrote:After a Crisp layup to take the score to 15 - 4, Trojans have scored 7 straight points.
15 - 11.

This Trojan run must have happened when azdawgfan changed the channel to watch the game.....tsk, tsk :P

Postby rockycola on Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:06 am

rockycola wrote:uh-oh, Trojans on a 9-2 run to start the 2nd half.............

Criminy! Another time when azdawgfan tried to watch the Dawgs on TV! :shock: :P :wink:
Dawgs overcame whatever ugly ju ju ya got goin' there, buddy! Get a dawgercism or something.

Huskies gotta get noticed back east by the pollsters now. Have to whip the Bruins Saturday next.

Postby azdawgfan on Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:36 am

Yes!!! I will do a DAWGERCISM before the next game. I'm going east to rob a chicken from a farm and I'm pulling out my Knives and garlic, and I'm pulling the EMTMAN jersey out from the bottom of the dresser. I wish I was kidding, but you have pointed out the exact times I started watching. For crying out loud. Can you imagine if I had watched the entire game? Good grief, it would have been USC 225 , UW 13 with 50 turnovers.
Go Dawgs!!!!!

Postby 57reasons on Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:08 pm

AZ Old Dawg wrote:Tip of the hat to the Dawgs! They are not pretty to watch. They are kind of like Yogi Berra back in the day. They don't do anything really, really well except win.

Yes they do - they defend really, really well - especially the 3!
That was a very impressive win last night - blitzed them out of the gate 11-0 and hung on against some valiant runs. Best talent they have faced since Gonzaga - the two super athletic guards from Beach, the shooter Matthews to go with Boatwright and the 7-footer up front who should both wind up being 1st team all-league.

Right now this team looks as good as any we've had since the Pondexter/Ross squad that came close to beating the Tar Heels for a sweet 16 berth.

Previous

Return to Husky Men's Basketball