Advertising

Re: UCLA @ UW - Dawgs devour Bruins - 2/2 Game Thread

Postby D-Trains on Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:15 pm

Maybe we can finally crack the top 25 now. Never dreamed 9-0 was possible.

dt

Postby D-Trains on Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:58 pm

Postby rockycola on Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:58 pm

rockycola wrote:
D-Trains wrote:I have this one as an L. Bruins are finally playing well. Hopefully I am wrong.

dt

Don't MAKE us SHOOT the messenger, buster :evil: :evil: :evil:

What a Bruin devouring feast for the Dawgs. Too bad I was way too busy too follow until three hours after the game ended.

Anyway, didn't have to shoot "Darwood" (yeah, I see what Lynda calls you on Facebook :lol: :twisted: :wink: ).
I am sure you are very happy to be wrong, right?

9 - 0. Who would have thought that coming into the season?

Postby rockycola on Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:13 pm

Because I was working and was fortunate to post the thread (and make a comment or two, Darwood), reading TNT's article on the game gave me a chance to find out what happened to Noah Dickerson. Wonder if he'll miss any games?

BY LAUREN KIRSCHMAN - FEBRUARY 02, 2019 03:03 PM

Washington just needed to slow down.

UW (18-4, 9-0 Pac-12) knew early in its 69-55 victory over UCLA that the pace was too fast. The Huskies were pushing the ball, trying — and often failing — to break UCLA’s full-court press. It didn’t help that they were feeding off the excitement pulsating from the sold-out crowd inside Alaska Airlines Arena. They didn’t handle the energy well for most of the first half. It made their play erratic, sloppy.

The Bruins (12-10, 5-4) didn’t fair much better. The teams combined for 29 turnovers in the first half, and nine of them happened in the first five minutes alone.

“We had I don’t even know how many turnovers back-to-back-to-back,” said UW point guard David Crisp. “Everything was just happening so fast.”

The Huskies had 11 turnovers in the first half. UCLA had 18. But it was the Bruins who took advantage early, scoring 10 points off UW’s first seven turnovers. And it was the Bruins, too, who grabbed the first lead.

The Huskies lost Dickerson to a right ankle sprain less than 2 minutes into the second half. After that, the Huskies relied on center Sam Timmins inside. He didn’t disappoint, finishing with nine points, six rebounds and three blocks.

DICKERSON INJURY UPDATE
Dickerson didn’t put any weight on his leg as he was helped off the court and into the locker room. He eventually returned to the bench on crutches, sitting for the remainder of the game with ice on his ankle. Afterward, he was seen in a walking boot.

Hopkins said Dickerson was in good spirits. He doesn’t expect the injury to be long-term. “I think he’ll be fine,” Hopkins said. “A little ankle sprain. We’ll take care of it.”

https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/college/pac-12/university-of-washington/article225455355.html

Postby Michael K 2 on Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:26 pm

azdawgfan wrote:So I turned the game back on and we closed it to 12 10 and turned the ball over twice in 20 seconds. Gawd dammit, I'll keep the TV set off. Sheesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in Vegas, and every time I glanced at a screen we'd turn it over or miss a shot. I stopped watching and we kicked their butt. I am a jinx also!

Postby D-Trains on Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:22 pm

Michael K 2 wrote:
azdawgfan wrote:So I turned the game back on and we closed it to 12 10 and turned the ball over twice in 20 seconds. Gawd dammit, I'll keep the TV set off. Sheesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in Vegas, and every time I glanced at a screen we'd turn it over or miss a shot. I stopped watching and we kicked their butt. I am a jinx also!

I have noticed the same thing. Every time I turn the channel or walk away for a few minutes we go on a run that ends as soon as I get back. Bizarre.

dt

Postby azdawgfan on Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:56 am

Holy Schmoley - This jinx is taking on a life it's own and growing out of control. We finally have a good team, but we don't get to watch???!!!! For crying out loud,,, there is no Gawd!
or, we just have bad stretches just like all teams? No, it's this jinx and it is spreading like wild fire. Heck, I turned the rerun of the game on the Pac 12 network and we turned the ball over.
A little concerned about the Dickerson injury? Anyone hear anything yet?
Go dawgs!!!

Postby rockycola on Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:28 pm

azdawgfan wrote:Holy Schmoley - This jinx is taking on a life it's own and growing out of control. We finally have a good team, but we don't get to watch???!!!! For crying out loud,,, there is no Gawd!
or, we just have bad stretches just like all teams? No, it's this jinx and it is spreading like wild fire. Heck, I turned the rerun of the game on the Pac 12 network and we turned the ball over.
A little concerned about the Dickerson injury? Anyone hear anything yet?
Go dawgs!!!

Hope ya don't mind me flippin' ya shiiit, adf :P :P :P

This is from yesterday here in the ST, 7 P.M.:

THE BIG KIWI COMES THROUGH

Even before Dickerson went down, Hopkins used a big lineup of Dickerson and backup forward Sam Timmins for long stretches to combat UCLA’s towering front line.

When Dickerson got hurt, Timmins became invaluable largely because the 6-foot-11, 245-pound junior is the biggest and heaviest UW player on the active roster.

In the previous game — a 75-62 win against USC on Wednesday — Timmins logged just one foul in two scoreless minutes.

Against UCLA, the native New Zealander played a season-high 24 minutes and had a sensational performance with his father Brendon, a former professional rugby player, in the stands.

Timmins scored a season-high nine points on 3-of-5 shooting. He was 3 of 3 on free throws, which is no small feat for someone who entered the game shooting 33.3 percent (5 of 15) at the line.

On the defensive end, Timmins collected six rebounds (two offensive), blocked three shots and drew “M-V-P” cheers from the soldout Alaska Airlines Arena crowd when he stepped in and drew a charge midway through the second half.

Timmins said he’s been working with UW coaches for three years on that defensive play.

He also helped neutralize UCLA’s star freshman Moses Brown, who finished with nine points and seven rebounds.

If Dickerson can’t play this week, then obviously that puts a lot of pressure on sophomore forward Hameir Wright and Timmins.

Wright would likely continue to start, but it’s uncertain if Timmins would get the call to replace Dickerson. Hopkins could move guard Dominic Green into the lineup with Timmins coming off the bench.

Freshman center Bryan Penn-Johnson suited up Wednesday, but he was back in street clothes Saturday. Without Dickerson, the Huskies are short-handed in the post, but not sure how much Penn-Johnson could help them at this point considering he hasn’t played since Nov. 27 due to a lower leg injury.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-basketball/three-impressions-from-uws-69-55-win-over-ucla-can-the-huskies-keep-winning-if-noah-dickerson-cant-play/

Postby Dwayner on Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:30 am

Hello, thanks for information. It looks like these basketball matches from 777score.nz. Good luck guys!

Previous

Return to Husky Men's Basketball