Advertising

Re: Dawgmen strangle* attacking Wildcats in AZ gamethread 2/

Postby D-Trains on Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:10 pm

We are somehow back to an 8 seed after beating AZ on the road. :|

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... acketology
 
Posts: 78847
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 am
Location: Kirkland, WA

Re: Dawgmen strangle* attacking Wildcats in AZ gamethread 2/

Postby Hindemith on Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:21 pm

... and, with WSU obliterating ASU by 21 points yesterday, beating the Sun Divils isn't going to do much for the Huskies in the rankings either. In fact, I think UW could run the table and still be out of the top 25. The conference is just that bad.
 
Posts: 2695
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 3:26 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Dawgmen strangle* attacking Wildcats in AZ gamethread 2/

Postby rockycola on Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:14 pm

D-Trains wrote:We are somehow back to an 8 seed after beating AZ on the road. :|

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... acketology


At least NCAA Men's Basketball NET Rankings: https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/ncaa-mens-basketball-net-rankings Has the Dawgs in the top 25 now (as #25).

That's the best recognition they've gotten. I think the factor that elevated them so gosh darn high is the critical and often overlooked category of "Won on the road with the Flu" points they garnered.

Yay, FLU :!: :!: :!:

15 14 Nevada MWC 22-1 7-1 4-0 11-0 0-0
16 16 Texas Tech Big 12 18-5 2-3 3-1 13-1 0-0
17 17 LSU SEC 18-4 5-1 2-2 11-1 0-0
18 18 Kansas Big 12 17-6 1-6 3-0 13-0 0-0
19 19 Villanova Big East 19-4 5-2 4-0 10-2 0-0
20 20 Auburn SEC 16-6 1-4 3-1 11-1 1-0
21 21 Marquette Big East 19-4 4-2 1-1 14-1 0-0
22 22 Maryland Big Ten 18-6 5-3 1-1 12-2 0-0
23 24 Iowa Big Ten 18-5 3-3 3-0 12-2 0-0
24 25 Cincinnati AAC 20-3 5-2 2-0 13-1 0-0
25 26 Washington Pac-12 19-4 5-2 2-2 12-0 0-0
26 23 Buffalo MAC 19-3 8-3 2-0 8-0 1-0
27 28 Mississippi St. SEC 16-6 3-3 3-1 10-2 0-0
28 27 Florida St. ACC 17-5 3-3 4-1 10-1 0-0
29 29 Wofford SoCon 20-4 8-3 0-0 9-1 3-0
30 30 Kansas St. Big 12 17-5 3-4 3-0 11-1 0-0


https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/ncaa-mens-basketball-net-rankings
 
Posts: 13799
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:01 am
Location: Alderwood, WA

Re: Dawgmen strangle* attacking Wildcats in AZ gamethread 2/

Postby Michael K 2 on Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:25 am

I have hbeen ears some of the prognosticators say that if we win the Confernce with only one or two losses and win the tourney we could be as high as a four seed, and winning out could make us a three seed. I guess that isn't too bad seeing as how we basically have no quality wins.
 
Posts: 11634
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Wenatchee, WA

Re: Dawgmen strangle* attacking Wildcats in AZ gamethread 2/

Postby D-Trains on Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:58 am

Hindemith wrote:... and, with WSU obliterating ASU by 21 points yesterday, beating the Sun Divils isn't going to do much for the Huskies in the rankings either. In fact, I think UW could run the table and still be out of the top 25. The conference is just that bad.


If a Pac 12 team with 4 overall losses on the season is out of the top 25, Larry Scott shouldn't be fired he should be executed.

dt
 
Posts: 78847
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 am
Location: Kirkland, WA

Re: Dawgmen strangle* attacking Wildcats in AZ gamethread 2/

Postby Hindemith on Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:38 pm

D-Trains wrote:
Hindemith wrote:... and, with WSU obliterating ASU by 21 points yesterday, beating the Sun Divils isn't going to do much for the Huskies in the rankings either. In fact, I think UW could run the table and still be out of the top 25. The conference is just that bad.


If a Pac 12 team with 4 overall losses on the season is out of the top 25, Larry Scott shouldn't be fired he should be executed.

dt

Actually, as Rockykoala pointed out, the Huskies are already in the top 25 of the NET rankings. Sorry, I was just more depressed than usual last night. :lol:

That said, I think it's likely the Huskies fall today against the Sin Devils because they have their backs to the wall after their quad 4 loss Thursday.
 
Posts: 2695
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 3:26 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Dawgmen strangle* attacking Wildcats in AZ gamethread 2/

Postby Hindemith on Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:51 pm

Great, Virginia Tech lost to Clemson today and Minnesota is betting clobbered by Michigan. But, Auburn is leading #21 LSU at the half.
 
Posts: 2695
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 3:26 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Dawgmen strangle* attacking Wildcats in AZ gamethread 2/

Postby Hindemith on Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:54 pm

Hindemith wrote:Great, Virginia Tech lost to Clemson today and Minnesota is betting clobbered by Michigan St.. But, Auburn is leading #21 LSU at the half.
 
Posts: 2695
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 3:26 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Dawgmen strangle* attacking Wildcats in AZ gamethread 2/

Postby rockycola on Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:08 pm

Hindemith wrote:Actually, as Rockykoala pointed out, the Huskies are already in the top 25 of the NET rankings. Sorry, I was just more depressed than usual last night. :lol:

That said, I think it's likely the Huskies fall today against the Sin Devils because they have their backs to the wall after their quad 4 loss Thursday.


Hindumiss :twisted: , "He who laughs last, laughs best." "Rockykoala" - hahahahahaha, very cute! :lol:

However, if you are mocking my hero, Rocky Colavito, then them's fightin' words, my friend! :evil:


Regarding the Dawgs falling, you be joining the officious, official Husky "JINX SQUAD" with fellow members:
az old dawg, michael k 2, dt, and now you, Hindumiss :shock: :| :roll:

sadly smh

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1AOHY_enUS711US713&q=sadly+shake+my+head+images&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjc0Zj6xq_gAhWEMnwKHZ_sDVAQsAR6BAgFEAE&biw=1440&bih=809#imgrc=tV1lNsNXNdQn6M:
 
Posts: 13799
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:01 am
Location: Alderwood, WA

Previous

Return to Husky Men's Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Advertising