Advertising

Re: UW HellDawgs Eclipse SunDevils game thread-Sat, Feb 9-7P

Postby D-Trains on Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:54 pm

Ugh. Thought we were done with the 3rd world offense.

dt

Postby Livesmatterinthiscountry on Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:22 pm

ugly

Postby Livesmatterinthiscountry on Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:23 pm

zags putting a beat down on Saint Mary's

Postby rockycola on Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:26 pm

Ugh is right. Listening on the radio as I try to put the guest bathroom back together after some repairs and swedish finishing the floor. Lying on the floor applying painter's tape so I can caulk I just want to bang my head on the hardwood as all I hear is "miss" and "turnover" on the Dawgs.

ASU has more turnovers but it feels like UW has more.

That, and the dismal 33.3% shooting is killing it. Need a solid scoring run and some disruptive 'D' now.

Who is Jonah Geron??? ESPN has him on the scoresheet as starting the game for U-Dub but no stats?????

Dang. Dickerson with 4 fouls and he's the leading Wash scorer tonight.

Too many negative waves from a few "followers" are causing a crack in the cosmic Husky egg, it seems.

GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Livesmatterinthiscountry on Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:29 pm

they clearly didn't show up to play tonight, this one might hurt when it comes to making the tourney if they don't close it out and at least get to the finals in the pac - 12 tourney

Postby Livesmatterinthiscountry on Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:59 pm

94 - 46 zags, ya This with killian tillie tearing his plantar fascia after just coming back from missing about a year worth of basketball. Tough break for him and zags. He is a terrific three point shooter who adds more size and shot blocking for the team. :(

Postby Michael K 2 on Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:56 am

Normally, a loss like this could be a wake up call and not make much difference. But, after ASU **** the bed against the Cougs and as down as this Conference is? This might mean we are no higher than a 6 or 7 seed, even if we win out. Larry Scott is sipping champagne somewhere right now about the great success of his media outlet. Too bad this is supposed to be a sports conference.

Postby 57reasons on Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:49 am

ASU defended us better than any I've seen this year - the help D against the high screen up at the top was super impressive - coming out aggressively forcing the action and taking Dawgs way out of the comfort zone, extended too far away from the basket. That is also a very talented, if apparently inconsistent, team. Being on top now guess we have to get used to getting everyone's A game. That said, at 16-7 now and victories against Kansas and UW, ASU may be the only other Pac12 team with a shot at the dance. and having a name coach like Hurley cant hurt.

Postby capsu scomoa on Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:26 am

Livesmatterinthiscountry wrote:
D-Trains wrote:I wouldn't be shocked with a loss tonight.

dt

why is that ?

After pulling out a big win at Arizona, a great effort considering key players had the flu, an emotional and physical letdown was to be expected. You don't recover from flu in two days. Birds and pigs (avian and swine...for those who live in Rio Linda) don't , so why should Dawgs?

More seriously, the Devils figured out how to offset the huskies' tough perimeter defense. Time and again they would get the ball to the free throw line, then make the bounce pass to a guy under the basket. hopefully, this was the result of the previous paragraph, but could be an Achilles heel deal.

Postby AZ Old Dawg on Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:01 pm

We will always be at risk offensively without a creative point guard and true center but it is what it is, I for one am grateful for what we have achieved given our offensive limitations. If we have a poor shooting game we are going to be in trouble. Let's hope the defense carries the day.

Previous

Return to Husky Men's Basketball