Advertising

Monorail is Key to solving Key arena traffic problems

Postby D-Trains on Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:21 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: For all those hundreds of fans that live near Westlake Mall.

You Can Not Make This Stuff Up.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/nba/ ... a-nhl-use/

dt

Re: Monorail is Key to solving Key arena traffic problems

Postby JAWA on Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:54 pm

Where's Lyle Lanley when you need him?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDOI0cq6GZM

:mrgreen: :P :lol: :wink:

Not surprisingly, this monorail solution is being raked over the coals from Sodo arena supporters. Oh, don't forget the drones! Yeah, nothing like being transported to the Key via a drone :roll:

By the way, what the monorail could look like with a potential endorsement deal: https://twitter.com/alexSSN/status/843908476673835008

They forgot to add the logos for the POS and Seattle Times :mrgreen: :wink:

Postby D-Trains on Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:08 pm

JAWA wrote:Where's Lyle Lanley when you need him?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDOI0cq6GZM

:mrgreen: :P :lol: :wink:

Not surprisingly, this monorail solution is being raked over the coals from Sodo arena supporters. Oh, don't forget the drones! Yeah, nothing like being transported to the Key via a drone :roll:

By the way, what the monorail could look like with a potential endorsement deal: https://twitter.com/alexSSN/status/843908476673835008

They forgot to add the logos for the POS and Seattle Times :mrgreen: :wink:

Love this reply. lol

Scott Marchandeur‏ @escoseas 4h4 hours ago
More
@alexSSN waiting for Baker's next article about renovating his basement for NBA/NHL use

Postby JAWA on Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:30 pm

D-Trains wrote:Love this reply. lol

More
@alexSSN waiting for Baker's next article about renovating his basement for NBA/NHL use

Yes sir, another arena option! Who needs Sodo, we got the Key AND Geoff's basement :roll: :mrgreen: :P :lol: :wink:

Postby D-Trains on Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:32 pm

JAWA wrote:
D-Trains wrote:Love this reply. lol

More

Yes sir, another arena option! Who needs Sodo, we got the Key AND Geoff's basement :roll: :mrgreen: :P :lol: :wink:

Looking forward to Geoff's interview with himself about that excellent option!

dt

Postby aplman99 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:16 pm

Doesn't sound like a horrible piece to the puzzle, does it? Potentially moving 15-25% of the crowd by giving them the option of taking light rail to Westlake Center then the Monorail the rest of the way? I'd be up for that if I lived south of town.

I certainly don't think anyone would believe that the entire crowd would, or even could, arrive via Monorail but certainly it could potentially ease some of the issues at the Center.

I'd still rather have a SoDo area facility, though......

Postby Don Gorgon on Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:58 pm

I didn't read the article, but it would get you more or less to the downtown bus terminal as well, and the light rail. What is the idea, to extend it? its been a long time since i have been on the monorail.

Postby auroraave on Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:59 am

Soooooo....unless you live in that area - wtf sense does that make? Go spend $20 to park at the uber crowded westlake to take the monorail to the Center? C'mon, where's the common sense. That's a cute little option but is in no way practical for the masses. Just getting to Westlake itself is a sh*tshow. I live in LA and even I know that.

But everyone is missing the real problem sitting right in front of us. How is Lieweke going to address the transgender bathroom issues at the Key? Will there be rainbow crosswalks? What about special accommodations for left-handers? What about the Gluten-Free section? Remember - EVERYONE is a victim that deserves special treatment and a participation trophy. If he addresses those issues, Seattle will approve it overnight. No one will go and there will be no parking, but that's not what this is about! :P :P

Postby D-Trains on Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:59 am

Don Gorgon wrote:I didn't read the article, but it would get you more or less to the downtown bus terminal as well, and the light rail. What is the idea, to extend it? its been a long time since i have been on the monorail.

Yep so to get to a game from the burbs you get in your car and drive to a light rail station, take that to Westlake? Then get off the train, go to the Monorail and wait in line to get on, then take that to Seattle center and then walk the rest the way to the Key. Easy enough except that only works for 15% of the crowd.

dt

Postby JAWA on Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:39 pm

Jason Rantz gives his opinion about the monorail (hint, it's not a positive one): https://twitter.com/KIRORadio/status/844232641092222977

Jason and D-Trains are thinking on the same wavelength (along with Sonics fans/Sodo supporters) when it comes to taking the monorail to the Key in Leiweke's scenario. It'll be an even longer commute for those who live out of town, especially those in the South Sound. Whereas you can just hop on the light rail to Sodo and boom, you're there. However, that would be too reasonable and we all know that word doesn't exist in the SCC's vernacular.

Next

Return to NBA in Seattle