Advertising

Re: Key Arena RFP begins on January 11th

Postby Don Gorgon on Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:33 am

see mr selfish was at it again last night, hogging the ball and scoring all the points in the second half for the Cavs.

Postby D-Trains on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:58 am

Don Gorgon wrote:see mr selfish was at it again last night, hogging the ball and scoring all the points in the second half for the Cavs.

lol Can't believe the Celtics are down 0-2. The could go the way of the 1994 Sonics.

btw I was surprised that Isaiah's sister was driving a 20 year old vehicle. If I was an NBA super star my sister's car would be built in this century. Not saying it contributed to her death but you never know.

dt

Postby Sonics Rule on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:07 pm

btw I was surprised that Isaiah's sister was driving a 20 year old vehicle. If I was an NBA super star my sister's car would be built in this century. Not saying it contributed to her death but you never know.

dt

No doubt - she should of had a 2017 Kia Forte sedan in Garnet Red and 6-speed stick. A Spokane Kia dealer offers one in just those specs right now for $13,915. I love Kia's - they are my favorite - pert-near bulletproof powertrains and great bodystyling with that 10 year, 100,000 mile Long-Haul Warranty. Nice. Not being condescending, either. Shoulda had a better rig.

Postby Don Gorgon on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:19 pm

D-Trains wrote:
Don Gorgon wrote:see mr selfish was at it again last night, hogging the ball and scoring all the points in the second half for the Cavs.

lol Can't believe the Celtics are down 0-2. The could go the way of the 1994 Sonics.

dt

looks like a reasonable care to me, what seemed to have made a difference was she wasn't wearing a seatbelt. She could have been driving the safest car on the planet but its not going to do much good if you don't use the seatbelt. That is unbelievable to me. I am old enough to remember before they were in cars, now I can't imagine not fastening them, I wouldn't consider that any more than skydiving without a helmet, why do people do that?

http://www.kiro7.com/news/south-sound-n ... /512921359

Postby D-Trains on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:59 pm

Don Gorgon wrote:
D-Trains wrote:

dt

looks like a reasonable care to me, what seemed to have made a difference was she wasn't wearing a seatbelt. She could have been driving the safest car on the planet but its not going to do much good if you don't use the seatbelt. That is unbelievable to me. I am old enough to remember before they were in cars, now I can't imagine not fastening them, I wouldn't consider that any more than skydiving without a helmet, why do people do that?

http://www.kiro7.com/news/south-sound-n ... /512921359

True. I didn't were a seat belt consistently until I was probably in my late twenties so not surprising. Why don't people use turn signals. That is 10x easier than buckling up and often just as dangerous.

I am sure the car was ok but if my sister was driving a 20 year old car and I made close to $10MM a year, I would buy her a new one for Christmas or birthday. Probably not a Porche or anything but a nice new car in the $40-50k range.

In fact I bought my wife a $50k 4 year old Jag convertible when we had only been dating about a year and I was making a little less than $10 mil. It is now 15 years old. lol

dt

Postby Don Gorgon on Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:28 am

this seems to me to be the difference, Hansen on this new street vacation request, he needs a team to make his deal work, first it was going to be an NBA team but it never materialized. He is not going to begin without first having a team

“There will be no vacation unless and until an NHL or NBA team is acquired and the arena is under construction,” Hansen’s group said in a statement put out on their Sonicsarena.com webpage. “If a team isn’t acquired and the arena project does not get built in this location, the street will not be vacated.’’

This from Murry, the arena groups are saying they will go ahead without there being an actual team lined up
Given the continued uncertainty of when the Sodo group can secure a team and with multiple partners with strong ties to the NBA and NHL interested in the renovation of KeyArena without requiring a team, the city will continue the RFP process to evaluate KeyArena as an option to bring the Sonics back to Seattle. (The) city council will determine the path forward on the proposed street vacation in Sodo, while we continue to look at all the options, including the Sodo arena, and consider what is best for the public and what will bring the NBA and NHL to Seattle.”

Sorry but in terms of actually being able to deliver an arena, the key arena groups could be putting forward a stronger case

Postby JAWA on Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:44 pm

Wally Walker with a subtle warning to the SCC should they once again reject their bid to vacate Occidental: https://twitter.com/ChrisGrygiel/status ... 7705228289

Postby Don Gorgon on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:45 pm

believe some feel it should be developed commercially, Seattle needing to protect its commercial industrial tax base, not sure what the issue is there

Postby JAWA on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:07 pm

Don Gorgon wrote:believe some feel it should be developed commercially, Seattle needing to protect its commercial industrial tax base, not sure what the issue is there

Did you not read the part where Walker said that the potential commercial development will bring more traffic to the area during the POS's peak hours? Therein lies the rub.

Postby D-Trains on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:13 pm

JAWA wrote:
Don Gorgon wrote:believe some feel it should be developed commercially, Seattle needing to protect its commercial industrial tax base, not sure what the issue is there

Did you not read the part where Walker said that the potential commercial development will bring more traffic to the area during the POS's peak hours? Therein lies the rub.

Maybe the POS thinks its peak hours are from 7pm to midnight. I wouldn't be surprised.

dt

PreviousNext

Return to NBA in Seattle