Advertising

Re: Key Arena RFP begins on January 11th

Postby Don Gorgon on Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:01 pm

D-Trains wrote:What did you guys think of Bonderman's comment. I thought it was pretty benign that shows that if you say anything remotely non PC these days you are going to get crucified and he should have known that. Probably doesn't bode well with the fab five females on the SCC.

dt

what comment are you referring to?

Postby D-Trains on Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:14 pm

Don Gorgon wrote:
D-Trains wrote:What did you guys think of Bonderman's comment. I thought it was pretty benign that shows that if you say anything remotely non PC these days you are going to get crucified and he should have known that. Probably doesn't bode well with the fab five females on the SCC.

dt

what comment are you referring to?

I thought it was funny. People are way too flucking sensitive these days.

“There’s a lot of data that shows when there’s one woman on the board, it’s much more likely that there will be a second woman on the board,” said Huffington, according to several people who heard the remarks.

“Actually,” Bonderman interjected, “what it shows is, it’s much likely there'll be more talking.”

“Oh, come on, David,” Huffington said, in between awkward laughs. Addressing the crowd, she added, “Don't worry, David will have a lot of talking to do, as well.”

https://www.sonicsrising.com/2017/6/13/ ... deman-uber

Postby Don Gorgon on Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:58 pm

I think the problem with that was the timing, Uber is right in the middle of a series pretty serious sexual harassment scandals, seems the meeting where he made the joke was in fact called to address those issues, seems like the one meeting you might want to keep your gender jokes to yourself

Less than 48 hours after Uber held an all-hands meeting to finally address the company’s roiling sexual-harassment scandal, and a day after a member of Uber’s board resigned for making a sexist joke at said meeting, the ride-hailing giant is facing yet another crisis. A woman who was raped by her Uber driver in 2014 is now suing Uber for defamation and intrusion of privacy after an investigation revealed last week that a company executive had obtained her medical records and shared them with other executives

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/06/ ... ical-files

Postby D-Trains on Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:09 pm

Don Gorgon wrote:I think the problem with that was the timing, Uber is right in the middle of a series pretty serious sexual harassment scandals, seems the meeting where he made the joke was in fact called to address those issues, seems like the one meeting you might want to keep your gender jokes to yourself

Less than 48 hours after Uber held an all-hands meeting to finally address the company’s roiling sexual-harassment scandal, and a day after a member of Uber’s board resigned for making a sexist joke at said meeting, the ride-hailing giant is facing yet another crisis. A woman who was raped by her Uber driver in 2014 is now suing Uber for defamation and intrusion of privacy after an investigation revealed last week that a company executive had obtained her medical records and shared them with other executives

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/06/ ... ical-files

Right. I thought of that as well. Timing is everything and it couldn't have been worse. As for Uber, they are a little like the NFL in that almost no matter what they do, it won't hurt their business. People aren't going to stop using Uber.

dt

Postby Don Gorgon on Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:23 pm

I don't know, they are facing a lot of competition, Ford is looking to get into the market now. There are issues with how they are running the business that go beyond sexism charges, the did lose nearly $3 bil last year. Sure businesses seem to be able to lose money and be successful but that number is getting a bit extreme

Postby Don Gorgon on Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:39 pm

Uber co-founder gets fired by his company

Kalanick discussed with at least one Uber board member and after hours of discussions with some of the investors, he agreed to step down, the report said. He will remain on Uber board.

"I love Uber more than anything in the world and at this difficult moment in my personal life I have accepted the investors' request to step aside so that Uber can go back to building rather than be distracted with another fight," the paper quoted Kalanick as saying.

Postby Don Gorgon on Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:33 am

you may not have seen the last of Ed Murray after all

The poll also asked voters about Murray, who ended his re-election bid last month after multiple men accused him of sexually abusing them in the 1980s when he was an adult and they were teenagers.

Last week, after a Kent man withdrew his sexual-abuse lawsuit against the mayor, Murray didn’t rule out relaunching his campaign as a write-in candidate. None of the other men accusing the mayor has filed suit.

About 22 percent of the poll respondents, contacted after the lawsuit was withdrawn, said Murray would be their first choice if he were to re-enter the race. Based on that number, he would likely survive the primary.

Durkan would be harmed in that scenario, seeing her share of the first-choice pie drop from 30 to 18 percent, according to Wilson.

Postby D-Trains on Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:03 am

My wife got us a room for my birthday Friday night at Motiff hotel at 5th and Union and who gets into the elevator with me, none other than Wallace Walker. :shock:

dt

Postby JAWA on Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:41 pm

SCC to hire independent consultant to vet OVG's Key remodel plan: http://sportspressnw.com/2233769/2017/c ... -arena-bid

Postby rockycola on Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:06 pm

D-Trains wrote:My wife got us a room for my birthday Friday night at Motiff hotel at 5th and Union and who gets into the elevator with me, none other than Wallace Walker. :shock:

dt

......and...........you kicked him where?

PreviousNext

Return to NBA in Seattle