Advertising

What if Westbrook is the alltime "Franchise" scoring leader?

Postby rockycola on Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:15 am

How would you feel about that?

Gary Payton is the Seattle Supersonics all-time scoring leader with 18,207 points. That does not include his scoring with the Bucks, Lakers, Celtics or Heat (21,813)

Kevin Durant is listed second with "the Franchise" at 17,566, even though he only scored 1624 as a one year Sonic.

Russell Westbrook is listed third with 15,156. He never wore the green & gold. Never put on a Sonic's uniform.

And if he scores the same 2558 points as he did last year (doubtful with Paul George as a teammate this year), he'd be just 493 behind Payton. So he won't surpass Gary this 2017-18 season but would in 2019-19.

My dearest wish is that Michael Westbrook bolts the Blunder at the end of the year so he doesn't put a blight on "our" record. I hope he does not sign an extension and leaves a just a turd behind like Harden and Durant did. Sign with the Lakers, Clippers, Spurs, the Monkey-Spankers, I don't care.

As a player, I like and respect Westbrook. Neither he nor Durant had anything to do with the fiasco of the Sonics departing Seattle. The way the NBA looks at things, this is a "franchise" and that is how records are kept. Bullcrap to that!

Just thought I'd put it out there. If somehow Seattle lured the Clippers to Seattle, I guess Tom Chambers scoring from his first couple of years in the NBA as a San Diego Clipper would give him 10,801 with "the Franchise". He's vault up to 6th and bump one of my favorites, X-man, off the top 10.

1. Gary Payton 18,207

2. Kevin Durant 17,566
3. Russell Westbrook 15,156
4. Fred Brown 14,018
5. Jack Sikma 12,034
6. Rashard Lewis 10,251
7. Shawn Kemp 10,148
8. Gus Williams 9,676
9. Dale Ellis 9,405
10. Xavier McDaniel 8,438

Come on Hansen, I prefer you getting a team here and in SODO, but somebody please get a team back to Seattle!

Re: What if Westbrook is the alltime "Franchise" scoring lea

Postby glenstar on Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:04 pm

I would hate it. As far as a player, yes, skill wise he is a dynamo, but he is a shot crazy. He is the Blunder's biggest asset and one of their biggest liabilities at the same time.I, too, hope that he bolts

Postby D-Trains on Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:43 am

Sorry, but of all the things I worry about in life this doesn't even crack the top million. I find it best to worry about things I can control.

dt

Postby JAWA on Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:27 am

This is why the "shared history" is pure BS. I don't think any real Blunder fan (not the brain-dead Okie dolts that used to frequent here) would want any part of the Sonics' stats and history. Although I do understand why Fat Boy Bennett made a replica of the 1979 trophy since that's as close as he'll ever get to a championship :mrgreen: :wink:

Postby Sonics Rule on Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:42 am

Sorry, but of all the things I worry about in life this doesn't even crack the top million. I find it best to worry about things I can control.

dt

Blubber-head Bennett made that replica of the '79 NBA Championship trophy because he had a feeling he's never gonna get one of his own. Right on.

Postby D-Trains on Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:52 am

JAWA wrote:This is why the "shared history" is pure BS. I don't think any real Blunder fan (not the brain-dead Okie dolts that used to frequent here) would want any part of the Sonics' stats and history. Although I do understand why Fat Boy Bennett made a replica of the 1979 trophy since that's as close as he'll ever get to a championship :mrgreen: :wink:

Exactly. What Sonic fan or any NBA fan is going to consider Westbrook the all time Sonics scoring leader. I don't even understand this thread.

dt

Return to NBA in Seattle