Advertising

Re: Key Arena RFP begins on January 11th

Postby Don Gorgon on Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:20 pm

here is an opinion that makes it sound sooner...

its in regards to expanding to Mexico

Marc Stein of The New York Times had a big piece on the NBA's renewed interest in all things Mexico City this weekend.

Adam Silver pumps the brakes saying that the NBA is not currently considering expansion and that no teams are currently considering relocation, but the writing's on the wall. Given Silver's comments about Seattle and Mexico City over the past year or so, it's pretty clear that within a couple of years the league will get very serious about moving to 32 teams.

The case for Seattle is obvious. But why Mexico City over Louisville, San Jose, Hampton Roads, Vancouver, Omaha, or Kansas City? Here are the three biggest reasons:

1. Money.

2. Money.

3. Money.

A major league pro franchise in Mexico City would mint money for the league in new fans, new sponsors, and new broadcast rights partners. It's an incredible untapped market for the big American-based leagues. All leagues market to Latin Americans in various ways, especially Major League Soccer. But to actually put a team there would change everything.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/12/18 ... -city-gmib

Postby JAWA on Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:11 pm

I sure hope as hell it's sooner. 2025 will mean 17 years without our beloved Sonics. I have no idea where Prophet Bagshaw came up with that number. Perhaps from Timmy boy himself? Like I mentioned earlier, it shouldn't be that hard for him to come up with an NBA team with all of his "connections". First things first, he needs to submit the NHL expansion application. I have no idea why he hasn't done it yet. Finalizing the deal to build the Islanders' new home? The holidays? Whatever, both are done and over with, now Timmy boy needs to get to work on bringing that NHL expansion team here.

Postby D-Trains on Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:19 pm

JAWA wrote:I sure hope as hell it's sooner. 2025 will mean 17 years without our beloved Sonics. I have no idea where Prophet Bagshaw came up with that number. Perhaps from Timmy boy himself? Like I mentioned earlier, it shouldn't be that hard for him to come up with an NBA team with all of his "connections". First things first, he needs to submit the NHL expansion application. I have no idea why he hasn't done it yet. Finalizing the deal to build the Islanders' new home? The holidays? Whatever, both are done and over with, now Timmy boy needs to get to work on bringing that NHL expansion team here.

You just posted #911 of the thread. :shock: And appropriately it had the tone of a 911 call. I think 2025 is the next time the NBA CONSIDERS expansion......Go Huskies!

dt

Postby JAWA on Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:45 pm

D-Trains wrote:You just posted #911 of the thread. And appropriately it had the tone of a 911 call. I think 2025 is the next time the NBA CONSIDERS expansion......Go Huskies!

dt

Whoa, I did not realize that :shock:

Actually, Prophet Bagshaw might not be that far off since there could be a number of teams that might be on the move by then, mainly those in smaller markets. Hell, perhaps the Sonics could come back ala the Rams! It could happen, although I highly doubt it. You never know though!

Postby JAWA on Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:46 pm

Almost forgot, Go Huskies indeed! It's great to see the bball team actually playing basketball once again :wink:

Postby D-Trains on Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:24 am

JAWA wrote:Almost forgot, Go Huskies indeed! It's great to see the bball team actually playing basketball once again :wink:

You should come visit us on that forum. It is usually a ghost town but I think things will start to pick up now that we have a good team again.

dt

Postby JAWA on Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:18 pm

I just might! Although I'm more of a Husky football fan but I do support all of the teams that represent the UW :wink:

Postby D-Trains on Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:02 pm

JAWA wrote:I just might! Although I'm more of a Husky football fan but I do support all of the teams that represent the UW :wink:

Well I assume that you do like basketball and you like the UW so here you go perfect combination:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwGQ_w9lgHw

Postby JAWA on Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:46 pm

:lol: :wink:

Actually, I prefer Family Guy's version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7et6-nByfw8

Postby D-Trains on Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:48 pm

JAWA wrote::lol: :wink:

Actually, I prefer Family Guy's version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7et6-nByfw8

:lol: They should have shot Donnie Most and Robbie Benson after that other commercial since their acting careers were officially dead at that point. lol

dt

PreviousNext

Return to NBA in Seattle