Re: Key Arena RFP begins on January 11th

Postby glenstar on Wed May 16, 2018 12:55 am

JAWA wrote:I'll see your bump and raise you another :wink:

I see yours and will rsise you one

Bump

Postby OKC is not OK on Wed May 16, 2018 7:48 am

Let see if I got this right

The Seattle city Clownsil, votes down one street vacation, for the justification of saving blue collar POS jobs, (Port of Seattle btw). The street vacation was to allow the construction of an Arena for the NBA for a local owner, or at least an owner who has roots and loyalty to Seattle.

The Seattle city Clowncil passes a head tax, to big corporations, which now is going to sacrifice those very same type of jobs.

And the Seattle city Clowncil now vacates FIVE streets to support an arena expansion for an out of town owner who has no loyalty or stake in the game on keeping an NBA team in Seattle.

When am I going to wake up from this nightmare?

Postby Don Gorgon on Wed May 16, 2018 8:06 am

huh...the street vacations were for the convention center, nothing to do with the NBA, in terms of the Key, Bonderman is a strong local owner

Postby JAWA on Wed May 16, 2018 8:39 pm

OKC is not OK wrote:And the Seattle city Clowncil now vacates FIVE streets to support an arena expansion for an out of town owner who has no loyalty or stake in the game on keeping an NBA team in Seattle

The five street vacations weren't for the Key but for the Washington State Convention Center. Still, I highly doubt this caused much of an uproar. Also, if the Key required a street to be vacated, you know it would have been approved in a heartbeat and unanimously. Just like yesterday's head tax :roll:

Postby JAWA on Wed May 16, 2018 8:53 pm

Wow: http://mynorthwest.com/990640/dori-keya ... -schedule/?

Shocked, I tells ya. Shocked! :shock: :roll:

And another: http://komonews.com/news/local/neighbor ... renovation

Where were all of these concerns before the Key MOU was signed? NOW they're worried!?

Seattle has got to be most ass-backwards city in the nation. Well, why the hell not!?

Dori nails it, Seattle doesn't do anything well. Except being incompetent.

Postby D-Trains on Thu May 17, 2018 7:19 am

JAWA wrote:Wow: http://mynorthwest.com/990640/dori-keya ... -schedule/?

Shocked, I tells ya. Shocked! :shock: :roll:

And another: http://komonews.com/news/local/neighbor ... renovation

Where were all of these concerns before the Key MOU was signed? NOW they're worried!?

Seattle has got to be most ass-backwards city in the nation. Well, why the hell not!?

Dori nails it, Seattle doesn't do anything well. Except being incompetent.

Remember I said I would do a nude head first slide across center ice opening night if there was an NHL game at the new Key in 2020. Not too worried about having to do that.

dt

Postby Hindemith on Sat May 19, 2018 10:02 am

:roll:

Postby Hindemith on Sat May 19, 2018 12:46 pm

:cry:

Postby JAWA on Sun May 20, 2018 9:48 am

D-Trains wrote:Remember I said I would do a nude head first slide across center ice opening night if there was an NHL game at the new Key in 2020. Not too worried about having to do that.

dt

The delay shouldn't be a significant one although you never know, it is Seattle after all. When it was announced that the Warriors will play the Jesters in a preseason game this October, the construction was to be moved back to November. That changed back to its original plan in October but now it appears construction could begin in November once again. Therefore, the Seattle NHL team is still planning on hitting the ice in 2020 so get ready! :mrgreen: :wink:

Postby JAWA on Sun May 20, 2018 9:52 am

A very interesting and intriguing tweet from an NBA writer from ESPN: https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/statu ... 1812288512

Now, this is not official word from the NBA but this is exactly why the majority of Sonics fans prefer Sodo over the Key. This would all be nipped in the bud if the NBA had just come out and say "The Key won't work". Of course, in pure Seattle fashion, they'll tell the league "Take it (play at the Key) or leave it" and that'll be the end of the NBA here for the foreseeable future. But it shouldn't be a problem, thanks in part to Timmy boy and his "connections" within in the league! Once NHL officially grants Seattle a team, it's time to go after the NBA next. Can't rest on your laurels, Timmy! The work has only begun.

PreviousNext

Return to NBA in Seattle