Advertising

Re: Key Arena RFP begins on January 11th

Postby OKC is not OK on Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:10 am

JAWA

The channel 5 link you sent out, had a link to the EIS for the new arena. Chapter 4 concerns the transportation impact. Very interesting reading.... One thing that jumps out for me is the 2035 estimate of the LINK rail capacity. the weekday post event peat hour will be 532% of capacity.

http://web6.seattle.gov/dpd/edms/GetDoc ... id=4015396

No matter how they analyze it, the pre event traffic is already bad, the post event traffic is going to be a nightmare.

I would suggest everyone read through the EIS

Postby JAWA on Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:47 pm

I tried reading the Key's EIS but my attention span isn't up to par to read ALL of it! :lol: Still, you don't need a study to prove that both pre and post-Key event traffic will be terrible. But hey, light rail to the Seattle Center in 2035! They managed to knock three years from the original estimated completion time! :roll:

Postby JAWA on Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:51 pm

Seattle NHL Investor Group revealed: https://twitter.com/ChrisDaniels5/statu ... 3682122753

That is quite the group.

Postby JAWA on Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:00 pm

Postby auroraave on Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:54 am

I'd like to know why Hanson can't sue Seattle to build his arena. What the SCC has been doing is beyond any logic. here's something that fixes everything - build a new hockey/NBA/2nd WNBA team approved arena in SODO. The problem with Seattle's 'leaders' is that can't lead, they won't follow, and they won't get out of the way. It's really quite pitiful to watch this from afar. I still don't understand why Hanson can;t just go to court and sue the city over this - ans stick them with the legal bills. I just don't see any grounds for their denial of his proposed building. None of it makes ANY sense at all - except the City is trying to get the Coliseum redone for free - while refusing to acknowledge the disastrous parking/traffic situation - which isn't a problem in SODO. All of this is like a really bad episode of the Office. The one thing Hanson should to do is target the NHL and forget the NBA. Maybe he's only interested in the NBA. The league is a lot different from when the Sonics left, and not in a good way.

Postby Don Gorgon on Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:25 am

he can sue if he wants to sue, anybody can sue, I could sue you if I wanted to, it get thrown out of court but there is nothing to stop someone from suing

Postby JAWA on Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:50 pm

Chris has always said he's for any arena deal that brings the Sonics back, whether it be his arena or the Key's. I highly doubt he'd get in the way (via the lawsuit) if the NBA does indeed sign off on the Key. Although it would be nice if the NBA would say which plan they'd prefer. As far as I know, they're still not content with the fact that the revenue at the Key will still be split three ways. However, no matter what happens, Chris will be okay. He still has all that real estate in Sodo, and I hope he develops the hell out of it should the city snub him (which unfortunately for him, it appears that way).

Office Installation and Setup

Postby The j5 Foundation on Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:06 pm

I am convinced that your website is convinced that weblog is very new. Probably I am going to bookmark your site. There are certainly impressive stories. Passion for sharing your website with us.
www.office.com/setup

Postby JAWA on Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:15 pm

Postby JAWA on Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:50 pm

Deadline passes, no appeals nor challenges: https://twitter.com/ChrisDaniels5/statu ... 4272107520

PreviousNext

Return to NBA in Seattle