Advertising

Re: What happened to the RFP thread?

Postby JAWA on Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:31 pm

D-Trains wrote:I think OVG cares about as much about bringing the Sonics back as Clay and Howie did about keeping them in Seattle.

The phrase fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me would apply but I wasn't fooled the first time either.

dt

Yep, exactly. Unfortunately, they now have Brian Robinson's Sonics Rising (more like OVG Rising) in their clutches so their site has been mostly pro-Key/anti-Sodo. For a site that claims to be wanting the Sonics back, I can't believe they would thumb their nose at Chris's Sodo arena. Like I mentioned in my last post, let the NBA decide and if they should choose the Key (although they still aren't happy with the revenue being split up there), then so be it. Chris is still in it to win it, and last time I checked, OVG hasn't gotten the Sonics back. Chris has as much of a chance of getting them back as does OVG, even with their so-called "connections."

By the way, just wanted to give an early congrats to dt for reaching 80,000 posts! It should take me about a millennia or two to catch up :lol: :wink:

Postby D-Trains on Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:41 pm

JAWA wrote:
Sonics Rule wrote:I'm seriously starting to wonder what sort of method the Seattle City Council wants to use to totally screw up any chance the Sonic's have of returning. Ugh.

They can deny Chris a second time for his petition to conditionally vacate Occidental. There's nothing wrong with giving the NBA more options to choose from, but as we all know, the SCC doesn't want to take any risk of having competition for their precious Key. Even if the NBA wants Sodo, I can definitely see the SCC telling them "It's Key or nothing at all" and that would mean no Sonics return for a very long time.

Like I said, neither OVG nor the city seems to care if the Sonics come back. It'll just be icing on the cake if they do.

Or as the tool Juarez says, get over it and watch the amazing basketball the Storm have to offer. :roll: :? :roll: :evil:

Postby JAWA on Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:14 pm

D-Trains wrote:Or as the tool Juarez says, get over it and watch the amazing basketball the Storm have to offer.

I bet she was having a WNBA Draft party at her place today.

Postby D-Trains on Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:58 pm

JAWA wrote:
D-Trains wrote:I think OVG cares about as much about bringing the Sonics back as Clay and Howie did about keeping them in Seattle.

The phrase fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me would apply but I wasn't fooled the first time either.

dt

Yep, exactly. Unfortunately, they now have Brian Robinson's Sonics Rising (more like OVG Rising) in their clutches so their site has been mostly pro-Key/anti-Sodo. For a site that claims to be wanting the Sonics back, I can't believe they would thumb their nose at Chris's Sodo arena. Like I mentioned in my last post, let the NBA decide and if they should choose the Key (although they still aren't happy with the revenue being split up there), then so be it. Chris is still in it to win it, and last time I checked, OVG hasn't gotten the Sonics back. Chris has as much of a chance of getting them back as does OVG, even with their so-called "connections."

By the way, just wanted to give an early congrats to dt for reaching 80,000 posts! It should take me about a millennia or two to catch up :lol: :wink:

Check out the thread I started on the M's forum. I had two other IDs so I am actually less than 200 posts from 100k!

Postby JAWA on Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:52 pm

D-Trains wrote:Check out the thread I started on the M's forum. I had two other IDs so I am actually less than 200 posts from 100k!

I saw that, congrats YET again! Now it'll take me THREE millennia to catch up to you :lol: :wink:

By the way, our old I-5 rivals take on the Team Formerly Known As The Sonics in the first round of the playoffs. One of the very few times I'll root for the Blazers.

Postby glenstar on Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:26 pm

D Train is a multi-billionaire who lounges around his heart-shaped pool and posts all day long. :D

And yes, I am rooting for the Blazers. They are actually pretty good this year. but OKC and Westbrook and company can be a handful.

Postby JAWA on Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:23 pm

glenstar wrote:D Train is a multi-billionaire who lounges around his heart-shaped pool and posts all day long. :D

Not sure if he'll be lounging in the pool right now. Perhaps when it gets a bit warmer :lol: :wink:

By the way, I saw your post in the Mariner forum regarding your brother. I'm sorry to hear about his passing. My sincerest condolences to you and your family.

Postby glenstar on Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:26 pm

Thank you, JAWA

Postby JAWA on Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:06 pm

glenstar wrote:Thank you, JAWA

You're welcome, friend :wink:

By the way, the Columbus Blue Jackets just swept the Tampa Bay Lightning in the first round of the playoffs. The Lightning had the best record this season, and now they know how the '94 Sonics felt. We feel your pain, Tampa, but at least no Mutombo lying on the ground, happily clutching the ball. Man, that still stings, even 25 years later. Which makes beating the Donkeys in SBXLIII that much sweeter :wink:

Postby JAWA on Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:07 pm

Love the jacket Russell rocked today: https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/sta ... 8196899841

Simply Seattle gives five good reasons why the NBA should bring back the Green and Gold: https://www.simplyseattle.com/blog/2019 ... ng-em-back

The first reason is by far the best, and yet, neither the city nor the league don't seem to want more money in opting for a lesser arena option and smaller market money pits, respectively. I just have to wonder which one will actually use common sense first, the city or the NBA?

Last but not least: https://twitter.com/yourboyeddie/status ... 5294771203

Blazers are halfway there! Just like Mortal Kombat, FINISH THEM! :twisted: :wink:

Previous

Return to NBA in Seattle