Advertising

Re: Latest rankings

Postby kc26 on Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:50 am

D-Trains wrote:Funny I just noticed that Miami was undefeated as well. First I have seen or heard of them this season.

dt

That's the problem I have with rankings. If this were the early 90's, Miami would be ranked #1 or #2 right now ......... why? ......... simply based on prior year teams. IMO each team should be treated equally, but that will never happen as long as opinions are part of the process.

Postby ddraig on Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:16 pm

Michael K 2 wrote:I agree with you, but I think you keep confusing TCU and Georgia. Georgia is 4 in the AP and we are 5 and they are 5 in the Coaches Poll and we are 4. TCU is 6 in the AP and 7th in the Coaches poll. Behind us in both.

I can't wait for the first selection show. I promise you we get ripped on by all the commentators, and ESPN will have no clue how petty they look in doing so!

I read the other day they were mad at Pete for declining an in person interview last week before the game. But it seems that is something he always does....but he offers to do one over the phone, and last week ESPN declined to do that. So, Pete is cantacerous for declining them but ESPN is perfectly OK for declining Pete?

ESPN has become a joke. They would rather be controversial, rather Air a show with guys screaming and yelling at each other than have decent reporting. I watch ESPN when they are airing a live game I want to see, otherwise I tune out. I use to watch Sportscenter every morning before work and every evening before bed. Never anymore...they are a joke.

At the time I looked it up, the poll showed that TCU had moved ahead of the Huskies. It is possible they made the initial mistake. All I did was report what I read. What was shown 12 hours later was what we actually thought would happen.

Postby D-Trains on Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:49 am

ddraig wrote:
Michael K 2 wrote:I agree with you, but I think you keep confusing TCU and Georgia. Georgia is 4 in the AP and we are 5 and they are 5 in the Coaches Poll and we are 4. TCU is 6 in the AP and 7th in the Coaches poll. Behind us in both.

I can't wait for the first selection show. I promise you we get ripped on by all the commentators, and ESPN will have no clue how petty they look in doing so!

I read the other day they were mad at Pete for declining an in person interview last week before the game. But it seems that is something he always does....but he offers to do one over the phone, and last week ESPN declined to do that. So, Pete is cantacerous for declining them but ESPN is perfectly OK for declining Pete?

ESPN has become a joke. They would rather be controversial, rather Air a show with guys screaming and yelling at each other than have decent reporting. I watch ESPN when they are airing a live game I want to see, otherwise I tune out. I use to watch Sportscenter every morning before work and every evening before bed. Never anymore...they are a joke.

At the time I looked it up, the poll showed that TCU had moved ahead of the Huskies. It is possible they made the initial mistake. All I did was report what I read. What was shown 12 hours later was what we actually thought would happen.

I guess it is possible that a major news service made a mistake but my money is the on the guy with Alzheimer's. :wink:

Postby Michael K 2 on Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:48 pm

D-Trains wrote:I guess it is possible that a major news service made a mistake but my money is the on the guy with Alzheimer's. :wink:

I think you misspelled Old Timers.

Postby D-Trains on Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:44 pm

Cougs only favored by 14 at Cal. I am tempted to take them minus the points. We are favored by 17 vs. ASU.

dt

Postby kc26 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:04 am

D-Trains wrote:Cougs only favored by 14 at Cal. I am tempted to take them minus the points. We are favored by 17 vs. ASU.

dt

Who would have ever thought the Cougs would have one of the highest rated DEFENSES in the conference?

Postby D-Trains on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:41 am

kc26 wrote:
D-Trains wrote:Cougs only favored by 14 at Cal. I am tempted to take them minus the points. We are favored by 17 vs. ASU.

dt

Who would have ever thought the Cougs would have one of the highest rated DEFENSES in the conference?

Their DC is going to get a raise or a HC gig soon. Amazing transformation from 2008 when the Cougs and Huskies won two games combined. Now they might not lose two games combined. Glory days indeed.

dt
Last edited by D-Trains on Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Michael K 2 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:30 pm

Brock said on the air this morning that during last weeks game the defense forced three straight three and outs, and the DC was walking the sidelines saying "fellas, we have been on the field for 9 plays and I haven't seen the ball once!" He wants turnovers baby!

Postby kc26 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:39 pm

Clemson QB looks like he might be out cold.

Postby Captain 97 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:24 pm

Captain 97 wrote:Oklahoma also plays #8 TCU
And if Georgia and Alabama win out they will play each other in the SEC championship.

The Big 10 is just too much of a gauntlet much like last year, I don't see a team staying undefeated in that league. I think Clemson will fall somewhere along the way as will Oklahoma.

My prediction is UW and Alabama as the only 2 undefeated times come selection time.

9 days later and Oklahoma and Clemson have both been knocked off. Penn State will follow suit before too long. Hopefully it doesnt happen to the Dawgs too. Numerous undefeated teams just doesn't happen in this day an age with limited scholarships.

PreviousNext

Return to Husky Football