Advertising

Petersen: "Heck yes" (there's QB competition)

Postby Roses4Huskies on Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:14 pm

From his appearance on the Brock & Salk show on Friday morning, Petersen was asked will there be any level of competition for the starting job (in 2018). http://sports.mynorthwest.com/category/ ... k+and+Salk

Petersen's response:

"Heck yes! The number one guy that knows that is Jake Browning. Now, you know, this guy knows this system inside and out, this guy can play, this guy can win at the highest level I have no doubt about that. But, for a second if this guy doesn't think he's going to be pushed -- he, would never think that. And, um, you know, that's why we really appreciated having K.J. (Carta-Samuels) around here. K.J. was awesome, K.J. Carta-Samuels, having him because there was times-- you know, everybody needs to be pushed. There's times it's like, 'Hey, you need to pick your game up or we're going to get somebody else some more reps.'"

So there's that. Looks good for Sirmon and Yankoff this spring, that's all I'll say.

P.S. I really wish either Brock or Salk would've followed with how close were you to going to KJ at any point this season? But alas, they didn't and that knowledge will have to be gained at another time, if it's ever to be gained.

Re: Petersen: "Heck yes" (there's QB competition)

Postby Whatever121212 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:36 pm

Roses4Huskies wrote:From his appearance on the Brock & Salk show on Friday morning, Petersen was asked will there be any level of competition for the starting job (in 2018). http://sports.mynorthwest.com/category/ ... k+and+Salk

Petersen's response:

"Heck yes! The number one guy that knows that is Jake Browning. Now, you know, this guy knows this system inside and out, this guy can play, this guy can win at the highest level I have no doubt about that. But, for a second if this guy doesn't think he's going to be pushed -- he, would never think that. And, um, you know, that's why we really appreciated having K.J. (Carta-Samuels) around here. K.J. was awesome, K.J. Carta-Samuels, having him because there was times-- you know, everybody needs to be pushed. There's times it's like, 'Hey, you need to pick your game up or we're going to get somebody else some more reps.'"

So there's that. Looks good for Sirmon and Yankoff this spring, that's all I'll say.

P.S. I really wish either Brock or Salk would've followed with how close were you to going to KJ at any point this season? But alas, they didn't and that knowledge will have to be gained at another time, if it's ever to be gained.

The answer is they were never close to putting KJ in.

And Pete's answer was all theatrics. He has to say that. There is no way in living hell that Jake Browning will not be the starting QB next year.

Postby Michael K 2 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:06 pm

There was competition last year as well. KJ lost.

Postby 57reasons on Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:55 pm

Roses4Huskies wrote:P.S. I really wish either Brock or Salk would've followed with how close were you to going to KJ at any point this season? But alas, they didn't and that knowledge will have to be gained at another time, if it's ever to be gained.

So many of these interviews are pre-scripted anyway - coaches are control freaks, especially when dealing with the media, and media doesnt dare wander off-script for fear of losing future access. Result being vanilla questions and vanilla (if not completely deceptive) answers. I would not doubt for a minute that Pete had pre-banned such a question, cant just fault Brock & Salk.

Postby Michael K 2 on Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:30 pm

I just love this theory that the guy that has lead us to back to back big name Bowl games is somehow to blame for the backup QB not being able to beat out the starter. Some how the guy on the sidelines gave us a better chance to win, but that damn coach just wouldn't play him! Besides KJ's family believing that I just don't see the logic!

Postby Roses4Huskies on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:49 pm

DAWG SATURDAY wrote:
Roses4Huskies wrote:

And Pete's answer was all theatrics. He has to say that. There is no way in living hell that Jake Browning will not be the starting QB next year.

I can't wait to say "I told you so" to all you guys when Browning loses his job this year.

Postby WallaWallaDawg on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:56 pm

Roses4Huskies wrote:
DAWG SATURDAY wrote:
Roses4Huskies wrote:

I can't wait to say "I told you so" to all you guys when Browning loses his job this year.

Since this would bring you so much joy, what are you going to do if Browning doesn't lose his job this next year?
:roll:

Postby Roses4Huskies on Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:10 pm

Definitely regret the missed opportunity of a national championship and a p12 championship when the team goes 10-3 again, finishing second in the north and losing whatever bowl game, looking like an average football team

Postby WallaWallaDawg on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:18 pm

So basically brag and celebrate being correct.....
But ignore being wrong.

Classy!!

Postby JAWA on Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:15 pm

WallaWallaDawg wrote:So basically brag and celebrate being correct.....
But ignore being wrong.

Classy!!

Not to mention he'll probably be hoping and praying one of the two frosh QBs beats out Jake just so he can do his childish bragging.

Just sad to see a so-called Husky fan resort to such tactics, simply because he doesn't like the current starting QB. Jake must have done something really bad to Ms2Playoffs/Roses to draw such vitriol from him.

Next

Return to Husky Football