Advertising

Re: Welp. Next year's roster?

Postby Hindemith on Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:16 pm

Roses4Huskies wrote:honestly, I think so many of you guys will be pleasantly surprised when you see this same offense (essentially) humming to the tune of 40ppg next season. I whole heartedly believe the success/failures rested completely on the shoulders of our qb and will again next season.

The running game is going to fall off with the loss of Gaskin, I would think. And, how much of Browning's problems were a result of not having any play-makers at WR this year like Ross and Pettis? A healthy Hunter Bryant should help that a lot. By the way, why do they use him as a TE when he's got WR dimensions?

Postby Roses4Huskies on Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:41 pm

Does anyone here honestly think that the Cougars have better WRs than the Huskies do?

The only reason why their guys put up bigger stat lines than ours on a consistent basis is the QB. It's the way in which he attacks with the football. The fact that Minshew gives his receivers the opportunity to make plays on a more regular basis than Browning ever did. That's it. His receivers are no more special than the cast of characters (Jones, Fuller, Bacciellia, Cook, Bynum, Chin, Otton, Bryant, Spiker, Osborne, Pounds, Lowe, McClatcher) that the UW can put forth. We have the guys to make plays. They just have to be given the opportunity.

Postby Michael K 2 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:59 pm

D-Trains wrote:
Captain 97 wrote:I was not too pleased with the New O-Coordinator. That being said I would not just discount him moving forward. Like anything else in life there is a learning curve for play calling and offensive scheming. They will sit down and analyze things and make adjustments. He should be better as time progresses.

I think his point is why are we a program that needs to hire guys that have to learn on the job. Seems we have aspirations of being a top 10 program but we keep just missing on top recruits, keep having Green wet eared OCs and we just aren't there yet because of it. I am ready for the next step........

dt

I have been saying this for years. John Smith had one year of being an OC and calling plays before getting here, and that was at FCS school Montana! Bush Hamden had never been an OC anywhere. Guess who HAD experience calling plays at a Power 5 School? This "consultant" we hired named Jeff Tedford. I will give you one guess to figure out which of the four years Jake QB'd that Jeff was here!

Postby Michael K 2 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:01 pm

Roses4Huskies wrote:Does anyone here honestly think that the Cougars have better WRs than the Huskies do?

The only reason why their guys put up bigger stat lines than ours on a consistent basis is the QB. It's the way in which he attacks with the football. The fact that Minshew gives his receivers the opportunity to make plays on a more regular basis than Browning ever did. That's it. His receivers are no more special than the cast of characters (Jones, Fuller, Bacciellia, Cook, Bynum, Chin, Otton, Bryant, Spiker, Osborne, Pounds, Lowe, McClatcher) that the UW can put forth. We have the guys to make plays. They just have to be given the opportunity.

The Cougars throw it every down. Comparing their offense to ours makes zero sense. Did you watch that amazing Air Raid against us for the past five seasons? Far from amazing. It is a joke show when playing against a defense that has ballers in the secondary and a coach disciplined enough to scheme against it and not panic.

Previous

Return to Husky Football