Advertising

Spring Football thread

Postby D-Trains on Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:47 am

Real nice piece in the Times yesterday previewing things to watch. I would post it but I don't want to upset Roses again.

dt

Re: Spring Football thread

Postby D-Trains on Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:45 am

Here is #1

Welcome to Jacob Eason Season

Maybe you’ve heard of the kid. A 6-foot-6, 227-pound junior from Lake Stevens, Eason was ranked by 247Sports.com as the No. 4 overall prospect in the 2016 class. He signed with Georgia and immediately ascended to the starting spot, completing 55.1 percent of his passes and throwing for 2,430 yards with 16 touchdowns and eight interceptions in 2016. But after injuring his knee in the 2017 opener, Eason was overtaken by five-star freshman Jake Fromm, and after the season he transfered back to his hometown team.

Following an NCAA-necessitated redshirt season, Eason is an FBS starting quarterback once again. But will he finally fulfill his five-star ranking, or will his highly anticipated homecoming fall short of expectations?

Those answers, of course, won’t be available until the fall. For now, we can focus on Eason’s command of the huddle, on his chemistry with UW’s inconsistent crop of receivers, on his understanding of the playbook and willingness to lead an experienced offense (and, it almost goes without saying, on the shotgun welded onto his right shoulder).

One thing is certain: Every move the strong-armed signal caller makes this spring will be scrutinized.

Welcome to Eason Season. It’s about time to buckle up.

Postby Michael K 2 on Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:43 pm

I like this guy that is now covering the Huskies. Hiring Adam Jude, a freaking Oregon Alum, was foolish....and I for one am glad someone else is covering the team now.

Postby AZ Old Dawg on Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:25 am

D-Trains wrote:Real nice piece in the Times yesterday previewing things to watch. I would post it but I don't want to upset Roses again.

dt

You are such a bad boy. Come to think of it I vote that you, Jay and I do a video next spring training entitled, "Bad Boys III". A crowning achievement. We could include Terry but then it would have to be "The Four Horsemen of the Acopalypse".

Postby Roses4Huskies on Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:19 pm

dt you get the clapping emoji. Well done sir

Postby D-Trains on Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:33 pm

Roses4Huskies wrote:dt you get the clapping emoji. Well done sir

:D

Postby Captain 97 on Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:25 pm

How is it that Haener is in the competition to be starter and there is not even a whisper about Sirmon and Yankof?

Postby D-Trains on Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:21 pm

Captain 97 wrote:How is it that Haener is in the competition to be starter and there is not even a whisper about Sirmon and Yankof?

Haener has all that incredible experience when he took over for a benched Browning and led the Dawgs to victory vs. Cal last season. :|

dt

Postby Michael K 2 on Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:11 pm

Captain 97 wrote:How is it that Haener is in the competition to be starter and there is not even a whisper about Sirmon and Yankof?

I read that Sirmon got a few reps with the first unit late last week, and was also the only QB to throw a pick that day. That being said, I agree with you. Haener, IMO, should be an after thought. With Kellen Moore at Boise State to Jake Browning and now this apparent affinity for Haener....I am starting to think Coach Pete has a type. Small guys with average arms. What gives?

Postby D-Trains on Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:55 pm

Michael K 2 wrote:

I read that Sirmon got a few reps with the first unit late last week, and was also the only QB to throw a pick that day. That being said, I agree with you. Haener, IMO, should be an after thought. With Kellen Moore at Boise State to Jake Browning and now this apparent affinity for Haener....I am starting to think Coach Pete has a type. Small guys with average arms. What gives?

I can see a guy like Coach Pete who wasn't exactly a 5 star recruit or an All American having a thing for unheralded guys.

dt

Next

Return to Husky Football