Advertising

Re: Sirmon & Yankoff enter portal, Petersen has f@#ked QB rm

Postby Michael K 2 on Wed May 01, 2019 1:41 pm

Pragmatic Pilgrim wrote:
If true, I find this more concerning than the two players entering the transfer portal.

Me too, but if these guys are actually transferring because the coaches aren't giving them a fair shake against a guy like Haener, AND they had ample opportunity to fix Jake's limited arm strength and couldn't? It concerns me greatly.

I mean, I saw all I needed out of Haener against Cal. And no, not just the pick six, but the ridiculous 8 yard throw on a wide open 12 yard out the throw before! We had two four star talents waiting in the wings and we decided to honor the game manager because he had already been in the program? Seriously?

I understand I am not at practice, and I have been the first one to back the coaches up when their decisions at QB have been questioned, but I am starting to doubt the faith I had in them. Coach Pete is a great coach, no question, but is his loyalty a serious problem? I mean, besides being here one year longer than them, what had Haener done to lock down the backup spot the entirety of spring?

Postby Sibelius on Wed May 01, 2019 7:46 pm

So who was the QB coach the past 4 years. Was it Hamdan and the guy he replaced? I thought Hamdan was a QB coach in the NFL. You would think he knows something about it.

Postby Sibelius on Wed May 01, 2019 7:50 pm

Pragmatic Pilgrim wrote:If true, I find this more concerning than the two players entering the transfer portal.

It would suggest that they aren't getting the most out of the most important player on the field, and that is absolutely unacceptable for a program that wants to be a playoff contender. I hope this will be a wake-up call, if not to Petersen, then to Jen Cohen to look into this and see that any deficiencies are addressed.

By the way, who are you (if you don't mind me asking)? You changed your handle?

Previous

Return to Husky Football