Advertising

2020 Could be an amazing Dawg Class

Postby BroadcastingHusky on Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:33 am

I know it's looking way ahead... But...

5* Sa'Vell Smalls is the number 1 rated LB from Garfield in 2020. He is in attendance at EVERY Dawg game. Everyone seems to think he's not coming to UW but I don't know... I see him in the stands with a pass around his neck at every game right behind the UW bench. Seems like he's a Dawg fan.

5* Kelee Ringo is the number 2 rated CB in 2020 out of Arizona. He's predicted to go to UW by every major scout for 247 right now.

5* Johnny Wilson is the number 2 rated WR in 2020 out of Cali. In the most current prediction, Blair Angulo of 247 has him headed to the Dawgs.

4* Jordan Botelho is number 6 rated ILB in 2020 out of Hawaii. He's predicted to go to UW by every major scout for 247 right now.

4* Geirean Hatchett is the number 5 rated Guard in 2020 out of Washington. He's predicted to go to UW by every major scout for 247 right now.

Also... do not be surprised if 4* CB Ayden Hector and TE DJ Rogers end up as Dawgs when all is said and done. Something about these local kids from Eastside Catholic in 2020 not getting much hype by our coaching staff. Gee Scott is already out the door.

Re: 2020 Could be an amazing Dawg Class

Postby Roses4Huskies on Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:34 am

Jr supposedly decent but I find his dad super annoying so Gee Scott can walk.

I'm suuuuuuper optimistic on Smalls. I bet he wants to be close to his fam and he is as interested in school as football if you can believe the Evans piece on him.

I'm focused on finishing strong in 2019 right now. If we can grab those DL we're on, either Ford or McCoy, McDuffie and Foskey? Come on

Postby Michael K 2 on Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:13 am

We just got a commit from a 4 star LB out of Oaks Christian, Josh Calvert. 6 foot 3, 220 lbs, chosing UW over UCLA, Michigan State, ASU, Notre Dame, WSU, BYU and others.

One of three LB recruits in the 2019 class. I sure hope they can rush the passer!

Postby BroadcastingHusky on Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:04 pm

Michael K 2 wrote:We just got a commit from a 4 star LB out of Oaks Christian, Josh Calvert. 6 foot 3, 220 lbs, chosing UW over UCLA, Michigan State, ASU, Notre Dame, WSU, BYU and others.

One of three LB recruits in the 2019 class. I sure hope they can rush the passer!

Fingers crossed on Henry To'oto'o or Drake Jackson in 2019 as edge rushers... that said, they are really high on Bralen Trice. He's listed as only a 3 star but he had offers from Notre Dame, Oregon and Bama too. He's gonna be really good... just needs to add weight.

@Roses

I think we have a good shot at Trent McDuffee... he's a pure slot corner and it's a need for us. He's also a total OKG type guy and I think he's a high priority. We've recruited a lot of corners... just not guys in the slot. Kyler Gordon maybe, but he's slated to play safety.

I'd like to get Isaiah Foskey... we don't have any high-end TE recruits... just am not sure he's high on the Dawgs. Although we're not thin at TE either and we do a good job developing 3 star TE's. Devin Culp could be nasty and we're gonna get two more years of Hunter Bryant when he's healthy.

Faatui Tuitele is high on the Dawgs... I think Jacob Bandes signing with us scared him a little bit. We have Tuli, Taimani and Bandes slated to start alongside Levi at DT for the next 2-3 years. If we can sign Tuitele and move Taimani to OG that'd be ideal.

McCoy and/or Ford would be a dream... and I was floored to hear that the only team recruiting McCoy at linebacker was Bama... how in the heck? He's a good WR... but he's more valuable on defense. Word is McCoy is high on the Dawgs... we just gotta pray that SC keeps suckin'. I love McCoy... true leader who I hope plays defense wherever he goes.

I'm also not convinced we really need wideouts in this class. We got a HAUL in 2018 and 2017. We're graduating pretty much all of our defensive front and linebackers... so I'd like to see us fill that need... and truth be told... we're set with big, athletic wideouts going forward with Jones, Spiker and Osbourne. I'd love to see them get Darien Chase as a slot WR.

Postby 57reasons on Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:50 am

think we stand any chance at landing the 2021 class DT from E Catholic, or is Bama just a foregone conclusion? acccording to 247 he is # 1 rated prospect overall - player comparison: Vita V.

Postby BroadcastingHusky on Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:11 am

57reasons wrote:think we stand any chance at landing the 2021 class DT from E Catholic, or is Bama just a foregone conclusion? acccording to 247 he is # 1 rated prospect overall - player comparison: Vita V.

Eh, we won't find out for a bit... a lot can happen in 3 years. Injuries... a drop in ranking... the Dawgs taking strides as a program... coaches being fired... etc... I think it's too early to tell.

I know Brandon Huffman, the lead scout from 247 who made that prediction (he's the only one so far)... and am surprised he'd already predicted Alabama when the kid is just a Sophomore. That said, Brandon lives in Washington and I'm sure has had a few conversations with the kid so and he must be telling him he loves Bama. When Foster Sarrell was between Stanford and UW he told me there was no way in hell in he was coming to UW - said it was his dream school... he was quite right.

2021 is a huge class in Washington... currently there are 5 kids from WA ranked in the top 50. Probably the first time that has ever happened.

Postby Roses4Huskies on Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:26 am

BroadcastingHusky wrote:
57reasons wrote:think we stand any chance at landing the 2021 class DT from E Catholic, or is Bama just a foregone conclusion? acccording to 247 he is # 1 rated prospect overall - player comparison: Vita V.

Eh, we won't find out for a bit... a lot can happen in 3 years. Injuries... a drop in ranking... the Dawgs taking strides as a program... coaches being fired... etc... I think it's too early to tell.

I know Brandon Huffman, the lead scout from 247 who made that prediction (he's the only one so far)... and am surprised he'd already predicted Alabama when the kid is just a Sophomore. That said, Brandon lives in Washington and I'm sure has had a few conversations with the kid so and he must be telling him he loves Bama. When Foster Sarrell was between Stanford and UW he told me there was no way in hell in he was coming to UW - said it was his dream school... he was quite right.

2021 is a huge class in Washington... currently there are 5 kids from WA ranked in the top 50. Probably the first time that has ever happened.

That's nuts.

Postby BroadcastingHusky on Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:47 pm

Fun little nugget from this morning:

https://twitter.com/SavvySmalls_9/statu ... tgss%2Fp41

Postby D-Trains on Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:50 pm

BroadcastingHusky wrote:

Speaking of Foster Sarrell, he has been injured most of the season and has a great chance of going 0-4 against. Almost like a curse for local kids to go out of state. Grass isn't always greener.........

dt

Postby 57reasons on Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:49 pm

BroadcastingHusky wrote:I'd like to get Isaiah Foskey... we don't have any high-end TE recruits... just am not sure he's high on the Dawgs. Although we're not thin at TE either and we do a good job developing 3 star TE's. Devin Culp could be nasty and we're gonna get two more years of Hunter Bryant when he's healthy.

Faatui Tuitele is high on the Dawgs... I think Jacob Bandes signing with us scared him a little bit. We have Tuli, Taimani and Bandes slated to start alongside Levi at DT for the next 2-3 years. If we can sign Tuitele and move Taimani to OG that'd be ideal.

McCoy and/or Ford would be a dream... and I was floored to hear that the only team recruiting McCoy at linebacker was Bama... how in the heck? He's a good WR... but he's more valuable on defense. Word is McCoy is high on the Dawgs... we just gotta pray that SC keeps suckin'. I love McCoy... true leader who I hope plays defense wherever he goes.

Today's article - wondering if this helps in regards to Ford, Foskey or To'oto'o (McCoy seeming unlikely at this point):
For the second consecutive week, the Huskies and Cougars are 1-2 in Jon Wilner's Pac-12 power rankings. But, with USC's elimination from the conference title chase, it's time to ponder Clay Helton's future in Troy.

SECTION SPONSOR

Share story
Imagine a near future — like, three weeks from now — in which USC athletic director Lynn Swann announces the school has parted ways with coach Clay Helton and issues the following statement:

“Making a coaching change is never easy, but it’s an especially difficult decision when you know that a coach has given his all to our University. Clay helped reestablish our football program and was instrumental in so many ways in moving the program forward.

“While his first two seasons at USC were very successful, the past season has not met expectations. We thank Clay and his family for his service to our school and his unquestionable commitment to our student-athletes.”

Power Rankings | Will USC fire Clay Helton?
Midseason report | Top players, best coach, South chaos, officiating & more
Analysis | Jon Wilner names his midseason All-Pac-12 team
Analysis | How much could legalized sports betting be worth to the Pac-12?
Could AT&T walk away from the Pac-12 Networks (and take DirecTV with it)?
Emails: ESPN exec called Mark Jones' behavior toward UW 'childish'
Best job in the Pac-12? Even coaches say there's an obvious hierarchy
Those are the exact words used by UCLA athletic director Dan Guerrero late last season when announcing the dismissal of Jim Mora, with the names and years changed to match Helton’s tenure.

The Bruins’ moves in November ’17 provide crucial context for assessing USC’s options with Helton, whose .500 team was eliminated from the South division race on Saturday by an opponent (Cal) that gets twice as much out of half the talent.

UCLA made a difficult choice with Mora and aggressively pursued a top-tier replacement (Chip Kelly) with the aim of elevating the program to a position of national relevance.

It strikes the Hotline that UCLA’s actions didn’t simply set a bar USC should consider clearing. They served as a dare the Trojans must accept.

Do you care as much about winning as we do?

If the Trojans keep Helton for another season … if they decide he’s a good guy whose maturity has been vital, if they use as justification the 2016 Rose Bowl and the 2017 conference title, if they excuse away the mounting losses to a young quarterback and battered defense … they’re telling fans, donors and future recruits that a program with seven AP/Coaches national titles, seven Heisman winners and 39 conference titles doesn’t have the same desire for success as the basketball school a few miles to the west.

Should the Trojans fire Helton?

Next

Return to Husky Football