Advertising

Re: 2020 Could be an amazing Dawg Class

Postby 57reasons on Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:18 pm

Roses4Huskies wrote:
57reasons wrote:have you seen the SC class now? ranked 28th! will rise a bit when they sign McCoy, but they also already show multiple receivers committed. So figuring they sign McCoy, plus all the current WR commits, plus their poor outlook with Helton still at the helm, and i really cant see the wisdom of Ford going there too. plus the connections you mention - i think it's gonna happen.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I get the competitive nature of these kids but you know SC is stacked at WR, why not go somewhere where there's a little less of a log jam and significantly better QB play, offense?? Come up to UW where you're going get top of the line coaching and elite QB play. Oh and you'll be playing big games on the national stage, going to Rose Bowls and Playoffs.. just look at the track record!!

the especially cool thing about that though, is those WR commits dont even look all that impressive - 3* guys that UW doesnt even want - one of them from Washington state even. as Michael from The Office said, "How the turn tables..."

Postby Captain 97 on Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:44 pm

Looking at 2020 I am a little concerned looking at 247 that we don't seem to be putting a wall around the state very well. There are six 4 stars and it looks like only one is giving UW serious consideration. Gotta keep these kids home That's the winning formula.

Postby 57reasons on Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:37 pm

Captain 97 wrote:Looking at 2020 I am a little concerned looking at 247 that we don't seem to be putting a wall around the state very well. There are six 4 stars and it looks like only one is giving UW serious consideration. Gotta keep these kids home That's the winning formula.

much easier to do in the past with only 3* and the occasional 4*. completely different with the 5* talent in the 2020 :& 21 classes with the likes of Bama and Georgia knocking on the door.

Postby ddraig on Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:45 pm

Captain 97 wrote:Looking at 2020 I am a little concerned looking at 247 that we don't seem to be putting a wall around the state very well. There are six 4 stars and it looks like only one is giving UW serious consideration. Gotta keep these kids home That's the winning formula.

It is possible they are not OKG's.

Postby BroadcastingHusky on Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:46 pm

Supposedly DJ Rogers and Gee Scott are not OKG's and it's why they don't have offers.

The ones we want are:

Sam Adams II, Geirean Hatchett, and Sav'ell Smalls. (Ayden Hector maybe)

Adams was upgraded from a 3-star to a 4-star only recently. The Dawgs also only recently offered him on Nov. 4 which is why 247 has him going to Texas A&M. For whatever reason we've had a hard time getting top-tier RB's in our recent recruiting classes. We've also had a nice run with in-state running backs... just assume see him come here.

Hatchett is pretty obvious. ANY in-state 4-star lineman needs to be a Dawg. These are ones we can't let get away because we don't recruit OL talent well out of state.

Smalls is also obvious. You want him. But he's hard to get a read on and you can't always keep 5-star talent in state. He seems like kind of a diva and not really an OKG... you can't say no to his talent but he seems like kind of a cocky dude despite playing for a HS football program that stinks. He was injured this year and AP listed him as 3rd team all-state on D and he's been tweeting about the disrespect. Listen, you'd love to have him... but he seems like the kind of guy who is about himself who won't buy into the message. He's also friends w/ Gee Scott and Treshaun Harrison. Both guys have a ton of spite for UW. City kids from the public schools seem to always feel disrespected by Pete... don't like reading **** like this: https://twitter.com/SavvySmalls_9/statu ... 6349233152

Hector was also a late riser and late offer. His dad went to USC and that could be a big factor... that and the fact that we didn't show much interest in him. CB is not a position I'm ever going to worry much about so long as Lake as the coach. Our DB room is always set and if we get Kelee Ringo then Hector isn't going to play much with Keith Taylor, Trent McDuffie, Elijah Molden and Kamren Fabiculanan all vying for the other corner spot.

susu

Postby sukamin1994 on Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:52 pm

The topic you give is really cool and interesting, I really like it. Hope to receive more topics.
slither io

Postby Roses4Huskies on Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:43 pm

Get off Smalls' back. He went to every UW home game plus the Apple Cup. I'd say he's pretty interested in the program. When you're that good, everyone and their mom talks to you and it's only natural to look around at your options. Make no mistake, we need to keep him here I don't care how confident in his game he is. He's a stud.

Previous

Return to Husky Football