Advertising

Re: Rose Bowl game thread

Postby D-Trains on Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:08 pm

Kind of sad when the highlight of your legacy is "hey we never lost the team from Pullman, WA"

Postby D-Trains on Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:10 pm

Curious what you guys do with the money you save by not having ESPN. I actually envy you today.

dt

Postby seattlefan-dabronx on Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:12 am

What a could've - should've been season.
That game was winnable.
I just can't put my finger on this Husky squad.
Questionable calls and too conservative on offense for sure but once they dialed up the D the OSU QB like all quarterbacks did not play well under some pressure.
One few TD in the first half and maybe a different outcome.
Jack Browning is what he is.
The plays for him reflect that. Where was the deep ball to keep 'em honest?
I am disappointed in the receivers too for not giving him more options tho.
Three talented kids did not step up until the final quarter?
Thanks Huskies for the apple cup!
Much success in post-football life you seniors.
How many will actually reach the NFL???

Postby Captain 97 on Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:40 am

I agree with all of the comments on the offense I am not a fan of the O-Coordinator at all. However, It's pretty much what we have seen all year and was frankly what I expected to see. That being the case, I think the Defense needs to step up and play more consistently as well. They had seven 3 and outs and another drive where they were 4 and out. That's great but every other drive except for 1 ended up in the end zone. They have to be able to stem the tide bend but don't break and hold them to field goals. If you hold them to a field goal on just one of those drives you are kicking a PAT for the tie rather than having to go for an onside kick and a miracle finish at the end of the game.

Postby D-Trains on Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:52 am

Wow, I had no idea..........

Gibran Latif Hamdan (born February 8, 1981) is a former professional American football quarterback in the National Football League and NFL Europa. He was drafted by the Washington Redskins in the seventh round of the 2003 NFL Draft. He played college football at Indiana. Hamdan was also a member of the Amsterdam Admirals, Seattle Seahawks, San Francisco 49ers, Miami Dolphins, and Buffalo Bills. He is the first person of Pakistani descent to play in the NFL.

Previous

Return to Husky Football