Advertising

Re: Rose Bowl game thread

Postby D-Trains on Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:26 pm

haroldy31 wrote:WTF was that....a punt....geezus

Fucking morons. Just lowered your chances of winning from 3% to negative infinity.

dt

Postby SonsofHan on Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:28 pm

Both the players and the coaches seem to play and call scared against quality teams. This reminds me so much about how they came out like pussies against Auburn. Battled back to get back but could not pull it off. Why? because they spotted the other team several points while not doing anything.

Postby BroadcastingHusky on Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:31 pm

SonsofHan wrote:

Both the players and the coaches seem to play and call scared against quality teams. This reminds me so much about how they came out like pussies against Auburn. Battled back to get back but could not pull it off. Why? because they spotted the other team several points while not doing anything.

Exactly.

Notice how Haskins has looked like dog **** the second we put pressure in his face.

Lets drop another pass though.

Postby D-Trains on Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:31 pm

I can hear his explanation now. We just needed to stop them, score a TD, convert the two pt conversion, recover an onside kick and have our great fg kicker kick a FG. 3 minutes is plenty of time to do that.

dt

Postby BroadcastingHusky on Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:32 pm

HUNTER BRYANT IS A FUCKING ANIMAL THOUGH.

Postby D-Trains on Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:40 pm

Well at least it looks respectable for those that didn't actually watch the game

Postby Michael K 2 on Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:44 pm

Coaching scared....pretty much defined our season. Afraid to pressure Auburn so a mediocre QB picks us apart, afraid to play offense so we settle for a FG and lose to Oregon, play shitty offense and afraid to attack so we bench the QB and lose to Cal and afraid of another Bowl opponent so we play a Junior High offense for 3 quarters, spot them a 25 point lead before scoring 3 TDs and lose to Ohio State.

I am a big Pete fan, but this needs to be an off season of looking in the mirror and then looking each offensive coach in the eye and saying "this **** can't continue"

Postby David Gee 24 on Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:54 pm

This is CP's and Browning's big game legacy at UW (except in the Apple Cups). Coach scared, fall way behind, and then try to scramble back in it. This is not how CP.coached at BSU. His teams there, totally outmanned, ALWAYS showed up in big games. His UW teams, with more talent, rarely do. And Browning leaves with all the records but a crummy record in big games. Keith Price has a better legacy than Browning.

Have to admit that was exciting to see our boys not quit and OSU had to be sweating bullets. Proud of them for not rolling over. Man, if only they didn't wait to be down 25 points before actually trying. Our OC must have wanted to break the record for most bubble screens in one game.

Looks like we'll get another top-15 finish. Beats what the previous coaches were doing if anything.

Postby SonsofHan on Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:00 pm

Michael K 2 wrote:Coaching scared....pretty much defined our season. Afraid to pressure Auburn so a mediocre QB picks us apart, afraid to play offense so we settle for a FG and lose to Oregon, play shitty offense and afraid to attack so we bench the QB and lose to Cal and afraid of another Bowl opponent so we play a Junior High offense for 3 quarters, spot them a 25 point lead before scoring 3 TDs and lose to Ohio State.

I am a big Pete fan, but this needs to be an off season of looking in the mirror and then looking each offensive coach in the eye and saying "this **** can't continue"

He has f'd up this year and owned it to the early puss loss. But the problem is he didn't show an attack mentality. When he was at Boise St. they didn't back down against Oklahoma and its 5 star RB All-Day AP.

With a legendary coach leaving Ohio St. and the Big 10 this was a chance for UW to announce itself on the national stage and start to cut into the clear recruiting dominance that OHIO ST, Mich. Alabama, Clemson have. The Pac 12: I make it a habit to argue that this conference is the conference of champions. But Jeezus this makes it hard to do so honestly.

Postby NM_Husky on Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:07 pm

More first downs, more total yards, more time of possession--seems respectable. For those who could actually watch (I don't have ESPN). did OSU play their first string defense the whole 4th quarter?

PreviousNext

Return to Husky Football