Advertising

Something needs to be said.

Postby BroadcastingHusky on Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:54 pm

Where was the 4th quarter Rose Bowl offense the entire year?

All of a sudden Jake is capable of running the offense we ran in 2016?

All of a sudden receivers were running open over the top?

All of a sudden someone told Jake to let it rip?

All of a sudden Hunter Bryant and Ty Jones were given chances to make plays?

Why did it take being down 28-3, 12 and 3/4th's of the way through the season, to finally...

OPEN UP THE DAMN OFFENSE!?
 
Posts: 932
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:42 pm

Re: Something needs to be said.

Postby D-Trains on Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:16 pm

Inexplicable. So reminiscent of the Hawks last season. Why do we have to be tortured with this offensive philosophy by our two favorite football teams. At least the Hawks figured it out this year after firing their OC. Hint Hint...

dt
 
Posts: 77969
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 am
Location: Kirkland, WA

Re: Something needs to be said.

Postby rockycola on Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:26 pm

D-Trains wrote:Inexplicable. So reminiscent of the Hawks last season. Why do we have to be tortured with this offensive philosophy by our two favorite football teams. At least the Hawks figured it out this year after firing their OC. Hint Hint...

dt

but he might be back. Not here, but:

January 1st, 2019 at 5:11pm CST by Sam Robinson
Darrell Bevell will meet with two teams about returning to an offensive coordinator position. The former Seahawks OC has interviews lined up with the Falcons and Jaguars, Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports (on Twitter).

Bevell did not coach this year but took part in some interviews during the 2018 hiring period, which featured his Seattle ouster. It’s been Bevell’s plan to coach in 2019, and he’s moving toward that target date with these planned summits.

The Falcons are communicating with Dirk Koetter about a return to the Atlanta OC post, but Bevell surfaced on New Year’s Eve as a part of this search as well. The Falcons fired Steve Sarkisian after two underwhelming seasons, at least compared to the bar Kyle Shanahan set.


https://www.profootballrumors.com/2019/01/falcons-jaguars-to-conduct-oc-interviews-with-darrell-bevell
 
Posts: 13533
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:01 am
Location: Alderwood, WA

Re: Something needs to be said.

Postby D-Trains on Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:57 pm

Peterson on the case! lol

Aaron Levine

Verified account

@AaronQ13Fox
Following Following @AaronQ13Fox
More
Petersen: "I think we need to look at our offense more closely (this offseason)."
 
Posts: 77969
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 am
Location: Kirkland, WA

Re: Something needs to be said.

Postby AZ Old Dawg on Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:01 pm

We obviously made some significant adjustments on both sides of the ball at halftime Why can't this be done on the fly because I think it primarily cost us the game.
 
Posts: 1906
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Surprise, AZ

Re: Something needs to be said.

Postby D-Trains on Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:03 pm

AZ Old Dawg wrote:We obviously made some significant adjustments on both sides of the ball at halftime Why can't this be done on the fly because I think it primarily cost us the game.


The only had 6 weeks to prepare. Not enough time apparently.........

dt
 
Posts: 77969
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 am
Location: Kirkland, WA

Re: Something needs to be said.

Postby Slowpitch on Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:04 pm

BroadcastingHusky wrote:Where was the 4th quarter Rose Bowl offense the entire year?

All of a sudden Jake is capable of running the offense we ran in 2016?

All of a sudden receivers were running open over the top?

All of a sudden someone told Jake to let it rip?

All of a sudden Hunter Bryant and Ty Jones were given chances to make plays?

Why did it take being down 28-3, 12 and 3/4th's of the way through the season, to finally...

OPEN UP THE DAMN OFFENSE!?

The post of the year! (Pretty short year though) You are right on.
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:04 pm

Re: Something needs to be said.

Postby seattlesports1 on Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:28 pm

How about win a dang bowl game. Ridiculous.
 
Posts: 3038
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:21 pm
Location: Olympia, WA

Re: Something needs to be said.

Postby JAWA on Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:46 pm

D-Trains wrote:Peterson on the case! lol

Aaron Levine

Verified account

@AaronQ13Fox
Following Following @AaronQ13Fox
More
Petersen: "I think we need to look at our offense more closely (this offseason)."


Definitely a "No Duh" moment here. Man, the first three quarter were brutal to watch.
 
Posts: 7250
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:15 pm
Location: Puyallup, WA

Re: Something needs to be said.

Postby Hindemith on Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:25 pm

You would think Hamdan wouldn't be so timid after a season as QB coach with the Falcons, plus being in that role with the 2016 Husky team that threw the ball downfield a lot. He must have lacked faith in the receiving corps this year. Hard to understand really.
 
Posts: 2579
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 3:26 pm
Location: Seattle

Next

Return to Husky Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Michael K 2 and 2 guests

Advertising